Dead rising disc problems (Because the game forum is dead.)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

z919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 z919
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

This is here because no one appears to be alive on the dead rising board

Anyways, i keep getting this weird error that says "If you wish to view this disc, please insert it into an XBOX 360 console"

There are barely any scratches on the disk, except for about one or two, and they aren't that massive.

I'm going to get it cleaned in a few days, but i wanna know if this is common, and if there are any other ways

that i could fix this, or if the problem is fixable at all. 

DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts
Sorry, but it seems to be a common issue among players.  I bought the game brand new, played it and an hour later, the thing told me it was dirty or damaged.  It doesn't happen often, but it seems to happen once to everyone.  And with the save system Dead Rising uses, it can be quite frustrating.  But I love this game to death though, even with the minor glitches. 
z919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 z919
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts

Sorry, but it seems to be a common issue among players. I bought the game brand new, played it and an hour later, the thing told me it was dirty or damaged. It doesn't happen often, but it seems to happen once to everyone. And with the save system Dead Rising uses, it can be quite frustrating. But I love this game to death though, even with the minor glitches. MetalGearRex007

but this is no minor glitch at all.

I can't play the game, at all. 

Avatar image for Urban_Legend666
Urban_Legend666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Urban_Legend666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Lol dude, I had the EXACT same problem with the EXACT same game. Except mine had a gash in the middle, where it reads all the key info. There went 70 bucks down the drain. But I got a new copy for 50 dollars. You could either,

A) Buy a new copy

B) Bring it to a repair shop and let them resurface the disk.

C) Clean and wipe it with lens cleaner?

KAP_Bohica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 KAP_Bohica
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
get an elite 360, you wont get the disc error again.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts

get an elite 360, you wont get the disc error again.KAP_Bohica

Why would an Elite fix the problem?

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
I don't know a ton on X360 hardware, but there are some scratches that can be subtle and yet fatal to the disk. Try wiping it clean with a washcloth; wipe from the inside of the disk outward; do that all the way around the disk.

There's another, more creative and more careless method of cleaning a disk. Wrap it up in paper towels and stick it in a freezer for a couple of hours. Seriously, I don't know how many of my games (well, my cousin's games) have been mended through that.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

I don't know a ton on X360 hardware, but there are some scratches that can be subtle and yet fatal to the disk. Try wiping it clean with a washcloth; wipe from the inside of the disk outward; do that all the way around the disk.

There's another, more creative and more careless method of cleaning a disk. Wrap it up in paper towels and stick it in a freezer for a couple of hours. Seriously, I don't know how many of my games (well, my cousin's games) have been mended through that.

-Tish-

does that seriously work or are you trying to make me looks tupid trying it on my lotr bfme  disk?