Dark Souls II OT - March 2014 - Leaked Concept Art

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

ZJfg8HF.jpg?1

Releases March 2014

W4JqWez.jpg?2

Boxart-

842ashv.jpg?2

DiuD7rr.jpg

DMsRTMs.jpg

News and Previews-

Leaked Concept Art

GS- Welcome to Dark Souls II: You're already dead. No easy mode for this game!

CVG- Dark Souls 2 was considered for next gen, but FROM opted to release it sooner.

PC is the lead platform.  60fps on PC, 30fps on consoles.

Videos-

CG Announcement trailer

12 minute gameplay reveal

Q&A Video

Despair Trailer

Screens-

ib08JLTnDoYW2e.jpg

L2s20ON.jpg?1

9PqR3NM.jpg?1

MOBcV0x.jpg?1

m4AKbPY.jpg?1

xHSMgOG.jpg?1

NMh8qUp.jpg?1

G3nyxQ2.jpg?1

DgO4xz6.jpg?1

#2 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Be right back -- gonna jump ahead to tomorrow. Can't wait!

#3 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

just as ill be getting home from work! YEEEEEES

#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -
Hmmmmm.... I shall be interested how the sequel to GOTG plays.
#5 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
WOOOOOOOO!!!!
#6 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
In case you guys were wondering, this is probably the beginning of a ridiculously huge hype thread that I won't let die until the game has been out for a year.:P
#7 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
In case you guys were wondering, this is probably the beginning of a ridiculously huge hype thread that I won't let die until the game has been out for a year.:Prragnaar
Good!
#8 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Dark Souls 2

New screen! Hopefully it shows on here. I'm posting from my phone. 

#9 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Oh man. That looks amazing!

#10 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Praise the sun!

(Seemed appropriate)

#11 Posted by Big_Red_Button (6094 posts) -

If Dark Souls 2 ends up being a casualised crapfest I'm going to be supremely disappointed. The Souls series is one of the only franchises keeping the torch lit.

#12 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

If Dark Souls 2 ends up being a casualised crapfest I'm going to be supremely disappointed. The Souls series is one of the only franchises keeping the bonefire lit.

Big_Red_Button

fyp

#13 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Solaire found his very own sun.:D. Cant wait to check it out.

#14 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'm excited to see it and yet worried at the same time that it will significantly less challenging than previous games. Also worried that the combat might be made more "action-y", in that the deliberate pacing from Dark Souls might be gone. 

Still, I could also be blown away. Although have they said if this is coming to next gen platforms like the PS4 yet? 

#15 Posted by Archangel3371 (22898 posts) -
Sweet. Really looking forward to checking this out tomorrow. :D
#16 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

Please be next gen. Dont be cross gen.

#17 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

*Happiness ahead*

#18 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

12 PM PT? So I'm thinking that's around 3 PM ET? If so, I look forward to seeing it.

I still need to sit down and try my luck with Dark Souls...sucks that I have limited time for gaming these days.

#19 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

12 PM PT? So I'm thinking that's around 3 PM ET? If so, I look forward to seeing it.

I still need to sit down and try my luck with Dark Souls...sucks that I have limited time for gaming these days.

Metamania
You know how time zones work! :P Also, sigh at the gif in the OP.. But yeah, I'll be watching those twelve minutes so far.. Don't let me down From!
#20 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

I'm excited to see it and yet worried at the same time that it will significantly less challenging than previous games. Also worried that the combat might be made more "action-y", in that the deliberate pacing from Dark Souls might be gone. 

Still, I could also be blown away. Although have they said if this is coming to next gen platforms like the PS4 yet? 

Vari3ty

Miyazaki, the director of the past two games, has said the game is still very much Dark Souls. Coming from him, that makes me a lot more confident about Dark Souls 2

They haven't said anything specific. Though they've said the game might not arrive until early 2014, which puts it in a less than ideal spot if its only coming out on current-gen platforms. I'm thinking they'll make a cross-gen game.

#21 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Vari3ty

I don't believe they have, but the visuals that I'm seeing (like the screenshot that rrag posted on here) looks like it's next-gen instead of current-gen.

Also, I heard something about using vehicles in Dark Souls II as well? I can understand fast travel when needed, but why use vehicles when you can just slowly, but surely explore the landscape on your own?

#22 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

I don't believe they have, but the visuals that I'm seeing (like the screenshot that rrag posted on here) looks like it's next-gen instead of current-gen.

Also, I heard something about using vehicles in Dark Souls II as well? I can understand fast travel when needed, but why use vehicles when you can just slowly, but surely explore the landscape on your own?

Metamania

There was some concept art that showed an enemy riding a chariot some time back. Likely referring to that.

#23 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

^Wonder if they'll really include that in the final game? It looks cool!

#24 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

The screen makes me think more of Demon's Souls art style than Dark. I kind of want this to have the more horror-ish vibe that permeated the first game, but it doesn't really matter. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

#25 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Hope there's good news when I check on my lunch break tomorrow. 

#26 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i'll check out the demo but i'm expecting the worst.
#27 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
*Sticky white stuff*
#28 Posted by Apocalypse324 (1486 posts) -

more excited for this game than any other game coming out...its the only game I plan on getting day one...can't wait to see more about it.

#29 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

Saw this on Gaf, surprised Rragnaar hasn't posted them yet. New screens! Definitely looks current get, but they still look great.

Edit: Deleted, cause I don't know how to resize this stuff.

#30 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

10 minute Q&A

#31 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

graphics look like a nice step up from the first Dark Souls, and it seems to retain the same type of feel. I remember there being alot of skepticism about this game what with the main director stepping down but so far it looks very sweet.

#32 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Seems like they have no time table for release yet so dont expect it this year.dvader654

They said it'll probably come out in 2014 in a interview with Edge some time back, so not surprising.

In that Q&A, when he asked the guys about making the game more accessible, they never said anything about making the game easier, but they want the game's underlying mechanics to be better understood by the players and still maintain that rewarding sense of progression. Sounds good to me._Dez_

Indeed. Glad to see they're handling things correctly.

#33 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

Metamania

Yeah I'm not so sure about vehicles either. They seem rather unnecessary in the Dark Souls world. 

The only reason I could see vehicles fitting is if they were making this game much more open world like Elder Scrolls, instead of the open but connected world Dark Souls has. 

#34 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Vehicles seem like a bad idea unless they are just a means for fast travel. Riding the giant crows back to the asylum was cool. I wouldn't mind being able to use them to get around.
#35 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Looks current gen to me. 45 minutes till video!
#36 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

New screens!

L2s20ON.jpg?1

9PqR3NM.jpg?1

MOBcV0x.jpg?1

m4AKbPY.jpg?1

xHSMgOG.jpg?1

NMh8qUp.jpg?1

G3nyxQ2.jpg?1

DgO4xz6.jpg?1

Looks pretty f*cking good to me.

#37 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Balls, I was rehosting and resizing them so they'd display right. I wish GS allowed you to post images bigger than 800 pixels wide without making you scroll to see all of it.
#38 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
:lol:
#39 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Lookin' good! Definitely seems like regular old Dark Souls.

Yeah I'm not so sure about vehicles either. They seem rather unnecessary in the Dark Souls world. 

The only reason I could see vehicles fitting is if they were making this game much more open world like Elder Scrolls, instead of the open but connected world Dark Souls has. 

Vari3ty

I assume they're the replacement for the warp ability from the original.

#40 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
Always happens on a busy day. I'm hoping I get to see it when it goes live, but I've got my doubts.
#41 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
Not impressed with the graphics at all, looks like a 360 game to me. As usual though the gritty artstyle is superb.
#42 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Gameplay video is up!

#43 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!

The turtle enemies! Fighting in the dark! Mansion of dragons! Cyclops bursting through wall!!! The crazy dragon filled sky WOWOWOW!!! Chariot dude of death!!

It was 12 minutes of the player dying horribly, thats the only way to show the game. I love that the focus is killing you in more ways than ever. 

Clearly it is a current gen game though.

#44 Posted by _Dez_ (2398 posts) -

Saw the video, I think everything looks pretty great and pretty much what you would expect from a Souls game in terms of gameplay. Visuals look pretty current gen to me, which I'm fine with. I was really impressed by that castle with all the Wyverns flying around. Doesn't look like they're compromising the challenge either. I really hope they show more footage with gametrailers on Thursday.

#45 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

i thought it looked great

#46 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

the dragon castle or whatever they called it looked pretty awesome

#47 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -
The lighting is so much better. The dragons on the rope bridge really showed off the new engine.
#48 Posted by c_rakestraw (14870 posts) -

Impressive. Looks like they haven't compromised on anything. Captured that feel of terror nicely, seems like. Loved that sequence with the dragons and the rope bridge. Hope enemies breaking through walls won't be limited to certain scenarios.

#49 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Axe to the head was so funny. I cant wait to kill that dwarf.

#50 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -
Seems like they have no time table for release yet so dont expect it this year.