Dark Souls: II. OP Magic. we meet again.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by B3GV5M63 (117 posts) -

first of all. Demon's Souls has some pretty OP magic. i dont need to explain why everybody knows it.

Dark Souls had even more OP magic. 99% of my PVP fights i lost is against some magic guy with pursuers or greatmoon sword that just takes me out with 1 hit.

Dark Souls II. same thing as Dark Souls. but even more hopeless. guys running around with a staff, has soulmass over his head, and a greatmoon greatsword. how do they expect me to win? . i used the blue magic def burr, havel set upgraded. really high magic. and i was getting around 50% damage. how DO THEY EXPECT ME TO WIN. every single souls game had OP magic. am pulling my ethernet off for good.

most people in DSII use magic. so i will get a lot of opposition here because they use magic.

#2 Posted by B3GV5M63 (117 posts) -

thank you for your support.

#3 Posted by bfmv2007 (292 posts) -

I suck at Dark Souls. Playing with magic is the only way I can feel safe, or even come relatively close to killing any boss's.

#4 Edited by jdc6305 (4808 posts) -

I have a strength build I don't use much magic but I run into it all the time in PVP. I loose most of my PVP matches but I enjoy a challange. I got invaded the other day by a high level magic user. He had the bluemoon greatsword. He almost got me with the swords magic shot. I kept rolling to avoid it. I got in close with the Zweihander and messed him up. I don't care if magic is overpowered. I get my ass kicked 99% of the time anyway. I'm just gonna keep playing till I get better with what I'm using.

#5 Posted by cooolio (583 posts) -

@jdc6305 said:

I have a strength build I don't use much magic but I run into it all the time in PVP. I loose most of my PVP matches but I enjoy a challange. I got invaded the other day by a high level magic user. He had the bluemoon greatsword. He almost got me with the swords magic shot. I kept rolling to avoid it. I got in close with the Zweihander and messed him up. I don't care if magic is overpowered. I get my ass kicked 99% of the time anyway. I'm just gonna keep playing till I get better with what I'm using.

This basically me every day. But the magic users are annoying, and i basically give up if I see someone who uses a move that gives their weapon elemental damage because they do ridiculous damage and damage you even with shield.