Dark Souls 2 Speculation Thread - More Accessible, but how could it look?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44107 Posts

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

the hell are you "wowing" at? its a legitimate complaint, one that ive noticed is actually fairly prevalent in the dark souls community.

MentatAssassin

if they introduce an easy mode and ppl do run past enemies and kill the boss and all that stuff you said, so what? why do you care about how they play? if they enjoy that then let them do it. it's not affecting your experience of the game in any way, you can still play on normal or hard mode and do what you like. i never understood this sense of entitlement that gamers have that "oh if you don't play it my way or the right way then you are a noob" or whatever, it's pathetic. btw, a good amount of ppl do this, i dont know how you've never heard of anyone doing this.

idunnodude

Maybe I just hoped I'd never hear of anyone doing this because it sounds like such a horrible way to play this game. It's not you it's me. I do have a lot of patience and have never been "bored" while playing Dark Souls so re-killing all those enemies doesnt feel like a chore to me.

As for the "entitlement" arguement. I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. Some people don't mind when other people talk during a movie, pointing out plot holes and ruining the experience for others. I for one like to shush those people so I can experience the movie the way the filmmakers intended. We still get the same movie. The talker just has to watch it my way or go see a Disney film where that sort of behavior is more welcome.

Your movie analogy is flawed. Someone talking while you are watching a movie is not the same as someone playing a game on easy whereas you play it on normal.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#102 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Does the Blightown area still have those frame rate issues that I remember hearing about for both versions? Not looking forward to that if that's still true.Metamania

Yeah. You should be able to avoid it mostly if you make a mad dash for the boss lair. Frame issues don't usually kick in until you start wandering around the swamp for a while.

I just use the Valley of the Drake's entrance. It's much faster and you avoid the majority of the enemies.Minishdriveby

That's always the way I use for exiting. Like to enter through the depths for additional souls. Problem's always been that I forget to check if the elevator in New Londo is ready to use or not. There have been many instances where I've gotten there and walked off the ledge.