Current Games that will Be Rare and Expensive in a Few years

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tommy_boy9999
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts

I figured I would post this since many people collect games.

Besides all the "collectors and limited editions "

I was thinking the Game and watch collection available through the Nintendo Fun Club was going to be rare

I was also thinking No More Heroes wii (sealed)

You can find the double pack with redsteel but Im talking the single game.

I was maybe thinking

Ultimate Alliance GOLD (non greatest hits version)

what do you think

andy_lyall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 andy_lyall
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
There's nothing rare about No More Heroes, that's all over ebay. The market for rare and hard to find games is an odd one though, to quote Publilius Syrus: 'Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it' and these days when it comes to collectors editions of games, that's not a lot.
tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tommy_boy9999

I dont mean currently. I said in a few years. This was meant just as discussion.

I dont see a Sealed copy of No more heroes on ebay. You think collector editions sealed are cheap?

andy_lyall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 andy_lyall
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts
There's No More Heroes: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/No-More-Heroes-BNIB-Sealed_W0QQitemZ320469594782QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item4a9d79f29e#ht_500wt_1182 Ultimate Alliance Gold might be worth something to a really serious collector. I was intending my reply as part of the discussion though, I genuinely don't believe there's a good market for collectible games. There are a tiny handful of valuable games dating back through classic console eras but those games were hard to come by when they were first released. No More Heroes and Ultimate Alliance (even the gold version) were fairly common. Modern collectors editions of games are worthless compared to things like Tetris on the Genesis. That's only valuable as there are something like 10 copies in the world.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Things like virtual console and other downloadable games are hurting the value of disc/cartridge based games imo. I think Eternal Darkness on the GCN may be valuable at some point in the future, but I can still find a copy relatively cheap somewhere.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts

It's hard to tell. A NES or SNES still sell pretty well for nostalgia so it isn't unreasonable to think this generation would be the same way. I would try thinking of games that don't focus on graphics though, because that dates a game pretty quickly.

tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tommy_boy9999

That Copy is the PAL version. Not the Region 1 release.

Maybe the PAl version sealed is common.

A game doesnt have to be the Genesis tetris Version to be rare and collectable.

You dont think theres a market for collecting games? Really?

This wasnt supposed to be a debate. It was meant as an opinion and discussion.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
I already regret not buying a copy of Demon's Souls: Deluxe Edition. Actually most games published by Atlus become of some value after a couple years.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
I already regret not buying a copy of Demon's Souls: Deluxe Edition. Actually most games published by Atlus become of some value after a couple years.white_sox
Me too...And I only hesitated like a week. I am always in the habit of picking up Atlus games, I don't know why I faltered.
tommy_boy9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tommy_boy9999

you stole my response. HA I was going to say the same thing. I hesited as well just like i did with the bioshock one.

Oh well.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#11 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I'd imagine Valkyria Chronicles is probably rare or will be. Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes sells for almost 40$ at Gamestop used now, that's a lot for a Gamecube game.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"]I already regret not buying a copy of Demon's Souls: Deluxe Edition. Actually most games published by Atlus become of some value after a couple years.spazzx625
Me too...And I only hesitated like a week. I am always in the habit of picking up Atlus games, I don't know why I faltered.

Yeah I should start making it a regular routine to try and preorder those, especially future installments of Shin Megami and Persona. They almost always return their investment, so the risk is pretty minimal.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#13 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Most RPG games they are expensive anyway and rarely go down in price mostly because RPG games go out of print quite quick I think.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition

I was trying to find this PS3 game (non bundle or special edition) that retails for 100+ new 80+ used. Couldn't find it, but I agree RPGs tend to hold their value against videogame inflation well.

brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts

I took a punt on Eternal Sonata being one of those games. I guess I got that one wrong.