Crimson Skies and PS2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

I really enjoyed Crimson Skies when I had a XBOX, and was wondering if there was anything like it for PS2?

--T-Virus--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 --T-Virus--
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

Not that I know.. Crimson Skies was an exclusive. And it was awesome. I was searching for something like this a while ago.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

The Ace Combat series is a good futuristic combat simulator, but it's only single player. Look up some reviews.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#4 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

You can always try Secret Weapons Over Normandy or Heroes of the Pacific or Freaky Flyers.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Crimson Skies was actually originally a PC game and it's sequel was the Xbox version. So if you're fixing for more Crimson Skies action, that's the game to track down. Be warned, however, that it wasn't a very great game. High Road to Revenge was definitely the highlight of the series.

As far as the PS2 is concerned, the Ace Combat series is probably the best combat flight game you'll find on that system (and really the best combat flight game series period since all the other franchises have died). It's a lot more realistic than Crimson Skies though. That said, it's still an arcade flight sim so you won't have to worry about extremely limited ammo and controls that require attending flight school to master, but you also won't be doing any of the ridiculous manuvers you could do in Crimson Skies or using any wacky planes with even wackier weapons.

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts
I had asked this question a year back or so. I've yet to try Ace Combat. Check out skygunner for the PS2. Sometimes it's hard to find at a gamestop so ebay's your best bet.