Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, Spyro The Dragon, Resident Evil 2 remakes. What´s next?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for danielpacheco
#1 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

There have been released and announced a lot of gems from PS1 that all we loved.

It seems obiously that next will be FFVII but after this?

I would like to Silent Hill 1, Tenchu or Soul Reaver (and No One Can´t Stop Mr. Domino in my wildest dreams)

What do you think will be next remake?

Avatar image for speeny
#2 Edited by Speeny (593 posts) -

@danielpacheco: I have to admit, indeed it is a good topic.

I'm with you on a Silent Hill remake. It'd sell like crazy.

Other than that I know they're bound to make remakes of FF8-9 eventually. But you know what, I'd love to see a FFX remake. It's probably a little too early for that seeing as they've released the HD collections. Even a brand new game/story would be great. X-3. I never finished X-2 so I don't really know if it's possible.

Judging by X's ending and X-2 being a bad game I guess we'll never see a third instalment. Possibly too late for it anyway.

I would love to see Klonoa make a comeback. There's still many 3D platformers from the PS1/PS2 era they could remake. A little more on the obscure side than your mainstream titles but still, it's an easy cash grab. Lol.

Avatar image for speeny
#3 Posted by Speeny (593 posts) -

Sly Raccoon...it's likely that could be remade too. Seeing as they've done the whole...Crash, Spyro, Ratchet cycle. (Though I'd prefer it not to be just yet.) Jak and Daxter in my opinion doesn't need to be touched either.

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#4 Posted by RSM-HQ (7468 posts) -

A lot of people think Bluepoint (who did the Shadow of the Colossus Remake) are doing a Demon's Souls Remake.

I'll gladly take a Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake after Resi2 from Capcom.

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#5 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10223 posts) -

There are so many games I'd like to see remade. Final Fantasy Tactics with high res sprites would be awesome (kinda like the Disgaea 1 Complete makeover): A full remake of Legend of Dragoon would be awesome. Maybe a remake of Croc with better controls? There are too many games to list

Avatar image for baron_machina
#6 Posted by Baron_Machina (265 posts) -

As for what I'd THINK, I have no idea. Crash and Spyro were the two big faces of the PS1, FF VII was its biggest RPG, and MediEvil and Oddworld were the underdogs. A lot of PS1 games could end up getting remade. As for which ones I'd LIKE to see, I'd say...

Mega Man Legends 1+2

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy Tactics

Ape Escape

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Brave Fencer Musashi

Threads of Fate

and MediEvil 2

I'm probably forgetting a few others, but these are from the top of my head.

Avatar image for locus-solus
#7 Edited by locus-solus (1076 posts) -

Nier/Drakengard series remake

Chrono Trigger/Cross remake

Tales of Xillia port

Ni no Kuni port

God of War 1-2 remake (first game aged badly)

@RSM-HQ said:

A lot of people think Bluepoint (who did the Shadow of the Colossus Remake) are doing a Demon's Souls Remake.

If true I hope they tweak World/Character Tendency to be more forgiving. World Tendency while playing online would shift on it's own making events inaccessible not sure if that's a bug? Also increase Pure Blade Stones drop rate to something more reasonable than 1/200 chance. Now that I think about it farming stones in Demon's Souls in general was fairly painful x.x

I'm guilty of using the Stockpile Thomas exploit to duplicate stone once I found out about it, that was after I got a platinum. Souls has some pretty elaborate exploits including Bottomless Box glitch I wounder if they're really bugs or if some rough employee programed them into the game on purpose?

Avatar image for sakaixx
#8 Posted by sakaiXx (4176 posts) -

Whatever the hell coming up on the Switch for the next 2 years.

Avatar image for locus-solus
#9 Posted by locus-solus (1076 posts) -
@sakaixx said:

Whatever the hell coming up on the Switch for the next 2 years.

Nintendo said they are interested in releasing dlc of games that are already out

Avatar image for thehig1
#10 Posted by thehig1 (7005 posts) -

@speeny: klonoa has aged well, played not too long ago it still looks decent and plays as good as ever.

Great game.

Avatar image for heljar75
#11 Posted by heljar75 (75 posts) -

@speeny: It's too late for that. I already bought Jak & Dexter 1 & 2 for PS4 a while back. 3 & 4 is available too, but I haven't finished 2 yet.

Avatar image for Valkeerie
#12 Posted by Valkeerie (272 posts) -

Fear Effect 1 & 2: Retro Helix and Bushido Blade.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#13 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

A lot of people think Bluepoint (who did the Shadow of the Colossus Remake) are doing a Demon's Souls Remake.

I'll gladly take a Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake after Resi2 from Capcom.

This is awesome- But anyway we have a lot of Dark souls that actually is the same, right?

@speeny said:

@danielpacheco: I have to admit, indeed it is a good topic.

I'm with you on a Silent Hill remake. It'd sell like crazy.

I would love to see Klonoa make a comeback. There's still many 3D platformers from the PS1/PS2 era they could remake. A little more on the obscure side than your mainstream titles but still, it's an easy cash grab. Lol.

I am praying every day for Silent Hill Remake

Klonoa! Wow good reminder.

@ArchoNils2 said:

There are so many games I'd like to see remade. Final Fantasy Tactics with high res sprites would be awesome (kinda like the Disgaea 1 Complete makeover): A full remake of Legend of Dragoon would be awesome. Maybe a remake of Croc with better controls? There are too many games to list

I heard a lot of times about a Croc remake, I had never play it. It is worth?

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#14 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@baron_machina said:

As for what I'd THINK, I have no idea. Crash and Spyro were the two big faces of the PS1, FF VII was its biggest RPG, and MediEvil and Oddworld were the underdogs. A lot of PS1 games could end up getting remade. As for which ones I'd LIKE to see, I'd say...

Mega Man Legends 1+2

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy Tactics

Ape Escape

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Brave Fencer Musashi

Threads of Fate

and MediEvil 2

I'm probably forgetting a few others, but these are from the top of my head.

Here you have your MediEvil mate- Is 1 & 2 remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Dj520a3Og&t=9s

@locus-solus said:
@sakaixx said:

Whatever the hell coming up on the Switch for the next 2 years.

Nintendo said they are interested in releasing dlc of games that are already out

Nintendo... Sh***it! I think they never bet for remakes. Well maybe more Mario remakes.

@Valkeerie said:

Fear Effect 1 & 2: Retro Helix and Bushido Blade.

I saw this in other forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG3VLiNnlw

Hope that fear effect remake will be true and not a fanmade video.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#15 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

What about Alundra. Was my first RPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ4lh07pAQo

Avatar image for sakaixx
#16 Posted by sakaiXx (4176 posts) -

@danielpacheco said:

@locus-solus said:
@sakaixx said:

Whatever the hell coming up on the Switch for the next 2 years.

Nintendo said they are interested in releasing dlc of games that are already out

Nintendo... Sh***it! I think they never bet for remakes. Well maybe more Mario remakes.

I saw this in other forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG3VLiNnlw

Hope that fear effect remake will be true and not a fanmade video.

They already remake pokemon red and blue.. twice

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#17 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

They already remake pokemon red and blue.. twice

I am not fan about Nintendo, first time I play Pokemon was on my mobile, in a Gameboy emulator, I thougth that was Pokemon red (I enjoyed of course).

This remake catch my attention... Anyway I am not going to buy a Switch but now I want to try this remake!

MMM guess that is better to wait for a remake of Digimon world for PS4 hahaha.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#18 Edited by sakaiXx (4176 posts) -

@danielpacheco: they sort of remade digimon world on playstation. Its called digimon world redigitized on psp. Check out digimon world next order, its the sequel and yes it plays like digimon world and yes, its on ps4.

Miss those cute cute ps1 sprites though

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#19 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@sakaixx: OHOHOHOHO what is this? I didn´t know it!

But is this a remake from PS1 Digimon or only is a new Digimon? If I don´t my digimon poo in the WC my digimon will become to the digimon that was a yellow poo?

Avatar image for sakaixx
#20 Posted by sakaiXx (4176 posts) -

@danielpacheco: yeah something like that. If you dont take care of your digimon it will evolve to that.

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#21 Edited by ArchoNils2 (10223 posts) -
@danielpacheco said:
...
@ArchoNils2 said:

There are so many games I'd like to see remade. Final Fantasy Tactics with high res sprites would be awesome (kinda like the Disgaea 1 Complete makeover): A full remake of Legend of Dragoon would be awesome. Maybe a remake of Croc with better controls? There are too many games to list

I heard a lot of times about a Croc remake, I had never play it. It is worth?

As a kid I grew up with it. Croc was my first Ps1 game and the only one I got with my Ps1 on Christmas. I loved it, it is an awesome plattformer. However, the Gameplay aged really badly. Whenever I go back I have issues getting into the controls. I'd love to play a version with up to date controls and better graphics. Like what they did to Crash

Avatar image for baron_machina
#22 Posted by Baron_Machina (265 posts) -

@danielpacheco: So far, it looks like they're just remaking the first MediEvil. I'd love it if the second was also included though.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#23 Posted by Archangel3371 (26414 posts) -

Some games that I’d love to see get the remake treatment are:

- Chrono Cross

- Final Fantasy VIII

- Legend of Dragoon

- Breath of Fire III

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#24 Edited by RSM-HQ (7468 posts) -
@danielpacheco said:
@RSM-HQ said:

A lot of people think Bluepoint (who did the Shadow of the Colossus Remake) are doing a Demon's Souls Remake.

I'll gladly take a Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Remake after Resi2 from Capcom.

This is awesome- But anyway we have a lot of Dark souls that actually is the same, right?

You would have to break down how they are the same.

Because personally disagree. DkS and DkSIII have the most in common I suppose from the list, as DkSIII was intended as a return to form of what fans liked. But I still vastly prefer the faster gameplay depth of DkSIII; lack of exploiting backstabs is one good example, also just prefer DeS spell usage that DkSIII used.

Dark Souls II while many people least liked in the series, has some drastic changes, and some puzzle heavy sections. Also handles challenge different, sadly not for the better. Comes across as padded and tedious.

DeS however was quite different in a few key areas, and I see a lot of people preferring the game over the entire DkS Trilogy.

It's much like comparing Ico to The Last Guardian I guess.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#25 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

@danielpacheco: yeah something like that. If you dont take care of your digimon it will evolve to that.

So is so similar to the original...

And also you have you town and you have to collect new digimons for the town that give you benefits?

@ArchoNils2 said:

As a kid I grew up with it. Croc was my first Ps1 game and the only one I got with my Ps1 on Christmas. I loved it, it is an awesome plattformer. However, the Gameplay aged really badly. Whenever I go back I have issues getting into the controls. I'd love to play a version with up to date controls and better graphics. Like what they did to Crash

Yes indiid, I have Crash insane trilogy and works perfectly.

Was Croc similar to Gex: deep cover gecko? I enjoy this a lot and seems similar to Croc.

@baron_machina said:

@danielpacheco: So far, it looks like they're just remaking the first MediEvil. I'd love it if the second was also included though.

I think there are both... think...

@Archangel3371 said:

- Final Fantasy VIII

FFVIII is my favourite FF with FFXII (But I have the remaster for PS4)- So yes! Awesome choice.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#26 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: yeah ok, I understsand your position but... Which one you prefer? :)

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#27 Edited by RSM-HQ (7468 posts) -

@danielpacheco:

yeah ok, I understsand your position but... Which one you prefer? :)

Isn't it presumptuous to answer a question with a question?

You would have to break down how they are the same.

But to answer your question; Dark Souls III without question.

DkSIII has the best overall and balanced gameplay, though not without its flaws (weakest DLC and odd bonfire placements). And though linear, DkSIII also is the most consistently well designed game, while other Soul games you can see areas in which budget and development got far less treatment, this is noticeable for more than just visuals, it factored level design and enemy placement.

That's why if true a Bluepoint remake of DeS would be interesting, as some parts of the game seem like they should have been more than what they are (in both concept and execution) if only From and SJS had more time and budget for DeS development.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#28 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: haha you just blow my mind!

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#29 Edited by RSM-HQ (7468 posts) -

@danielpacheco: If you think so. Was generally interested why you viewed all the Soul games the same, and at what capacity.

Avatar image for iwilson1296
#30 Posted by iwilson1296 (2409 posts) -

Well I can say that it probably won’t be Gex

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#31 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: I can´t answer you that question. My brother normally play all Souls games and when I lived with him and my parents I can´t differentiate among them.

Avatar image for RSM-HQ
#32 Posted by RSM-HQ (7468 posts) -

@danielpacheco: That's fair, from a visual perspective they all do look like zombie knights killing zombie knights.

One could assume it's like MediEvil, without the exposition on humor, and replaced with a miserable pile of secrets °‿‿°

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#33 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@speeny said:

@danielpacheco: I have to admit, indeed it is a good topic.

Hey I didn´t read it heheh thanks!

@RSM-HQ said:

@danielpacheco: That's fair, from a visual perspective they all do look like zombie knights killing zombie knights.

One could assume it's like MediEvil, without the exposition on humor, and replaced with a miserable pile of secrets °‿‿°

ahahha is a good description. I didn´t see DS as a zombie knight game but is true hahaha,

Avatar image for benleslie5
#34 Edited by benleslie5 (8739 posts) -

My choices-

  • Ape Escape
  • Croc
  • Klonoa
  • Resident Evil 3
Avatar image for omegamaster
#35 Posted by omegaMaster (1022 posts) -

Final Fantasy 8.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#36 Edited by danielpacheco (116 posts) -
@benleslie5 said:

My choices-

  • Ape Escape
  • Croc
  • Klonoa
  • Resident Evil 3

Croc is the fucking winner in user opinions haha I am surprised.

@omegamaster said:

Final Fantasy 8.

Love it!

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#37 Posted by robert_sparkes (1739 posts) -

Loved croc think it would need a lot of work especially the camera.

Avatar image for johndmgs
#38 Posted by Johndmgs (312 posts) -

Crash Team Racing, Crash Bash, Metal Gear Solid 1 and Bushido Blade would be my picks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfefe0ca606d
#40 Posted by deactivated-5bfefe0ca606d (81 posts) -

Ape Escape 4 would be awesome if they decided to make it

Avatar image for pillarrocks
#41 Posted by pillarrocks (1477 posts) -

I like to see Silent Hill get remade as it would be cool to see it with updated graphics and controls and voice acting.

Avatar image for warmblur
#42 Posted by warmblur (1097 posts) -

I wish Konami would sell Silent Hill to Capcom they aren't doing jack shit with it but destroying it legacy with stupid pachinko machines.

Avatar image for speeny
#43 Posted by Speeny (593 posts) -

Just thought of a few others. Tomba 1 and 2 would be nice to see these remade.

Maybe even a reboot of the Rayman series.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#44 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -

@johndmgs said:

Crash Team Racing, Crash Bash, Metal Gear Solid 1 and Bushido Blade would be my picks.

wow Crash Bash! +1

@sauer21 said:

Ape Escape 4 would be awesome if they decided to make it

A new game?

@warmblur said:

I wish Konami would sell Silent Hill to Capcom they aren't doing jack shit with it but destroying it legacy with stupid pachinko machines.

I am afraid about Capcom becomes Silent Hill to a Shooter games.

@speeny said:

Just thought of a few others. Tomba 1 and 2 would be nice to see these remade.

Maybe even a reboot of the Rayman series.

I don´t know why but I never like Tomba, the character feels like disgusting for me.

Avatar image for crimsonllama
#45 Posted by Crimsonllama (237 posts) -

Blasto! Most underrated game of all time. Also, Gex was a lot of fun.

Avatar image for gamer93933
#46 Edited by gamer93933 (2 posts) -

heres hoping to megaman legends hd remake but also capcom....

Avatar image for ronthallsballs
#47 Posted by RonThallsBalls (241 posts) -

Jet Moto and Twisted Metal.

Avatar image for mudiaab
#48 Posted by MuDiaab (5 posts) -

Jet Moto

Avatar image for lordofcha0s
#49 Posted by lordofcha0s (6 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid would be great

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#50 Posted by danielpacheco (116 posts) -
@lordofcha0s said:

Metal Gear Solid would be great

+1

@crimsonllama said:

Blasto! Most underrated game of all time. Also, Gex was a lot of fun.

Blasto???? And do you think it deserves a remake?

@gamer93933 said:

heres hoping to megaman legends hd remake but also capcom....

Maybe for Switch

@ronthallsballs said:

Jet Moto and Twisted Metal.

@mudiaab said:

Jet Moto

Jet Moto.. I don´t think it deserves a remake and Twisted metal you have one in PS3.

It was another Twisted metal older that PS3 version?