Crash Bandicoot already dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrizmol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chrizmol
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

In the 90's Crash dominated Playstation with blockbuster titles such as CTR, Crash 2 and 3. When Naughty Dog left the franchice slowly ditilurated with crappy ideas and concepts. Its sad that he was initially Sony's mascot but now nobody wants him anymore and Sony probably replaced him with Sackboy (from Little Big Planet). Today there are many games out there to buy like Fallout 3, Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario Galaxy so the little orange whatever is slowly coming to a close.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

In the 90's Crash dominated Playstation with blockbuster titles such as CTR, Crash 2 and 3. When Naughty Dog left the franchice slowly ditilurated with crappy ideas and concepts. Its sad that he was initially Sony's mascot but now nobody wants him anymore and Sony probably replaced him with Sackboy (from Little Big Planet). Today there are many games out there to buy like Fallout 3, Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario Galaxy so the little orange whatever is slowly coming to a close.

chrizmol

crash was the mascot for ps1. Once it was sold and went multiplat it was over. I don't believe that PS3 or 360 have "mascots" because they are systems that aren't made to cater to that "type" of gamer. In terms of the Playstaion 3 and Xbox 360 for that matter they don't have mascots but you could say they have Solid Snake and Master Chief respectively as symbols of each system but not necessarily mascots

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
[QUOTE="chrizmol"]

sixringz1

crash was the mascot for ps1. Once it was sold and went multiplat it was over. I don't believe that PS3 or 360 have "mascots" because they are systems that aren't made to cater to that "type" of gamer. In terms of the Playstaion 3 and Xbox 360 for that matter they don't have mascots but you could say they have Solid Snake and Master Chief respectively as symbols of each system but not necessarily mascots

Spyro was the mascot for PS1 too. I can't believe what has happened to Spyro/Crash. I think they should use the old formula and just touch up the graphics and leave it how it was. It hasn't been working for the past several years so they should of learned that it won't work now (Spyro Enter The Dragon Fly was a huge letdown).

J_Knolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 J_Knolling
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts
I never played a single Crash game, so I kind of feel like I'm missing out on some kind of era in time, when those games were kinda big that I will never get the chance to experiance again.
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#5 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1701 Posts
Yeah the early Crash Bandicoot games rocked way back when Sony owned the lisence. Now they just suck. What a shame...if only Naughty Dog still developed those games...But hey the platformer genere is kind of dying in todays market sadly. Now it seems that only FPS's are what everyone cares about.....
Avatar image for mastetofthedark
mastetofthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mastetofthedark
Member since 2008 • 16924 Posts
The new Crash Bandicoot for the DS was a disgrace.
notSFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 notSFF
Member since 2008 • 101 Posts

To Crash's credit, the two most recent Crash games (Titans and Mind over Mutant) seem to have been MUCH better recieved then the painfully mediocre Wrath of Cortex. Sadly, they're STILL not as epic as the original Crash games.

Oddly enough, Spyro has the exact same thing happening with it's LoS saga, IE decent games, but not as good as the original.

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

To Crash's credit, the two most recent Crash games (Titans and Mind over Mutant) seem to have been MUCH better recieved then the painfully mediocre Wrath of Cortex. Sadly, they're STILL not as epic as the original Crash games.

Oddly enough, Spyro has the exact same thing happening with it's LoS saga, IE decent games, but not as good as the original.

notSFF
Titans did OK, but Mind over Mutant failed. Check some ratings out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f6fedc697079
deactivated-5f6fedc697079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f6fedc697079
Member since 2006 • 235 Posts

The new Crash Bandicoot for the DS was a disgrace.mastetofthedark

QFT.

The ps1 crash games could not be topped. I remember plugging hours upon hours playing CTR and crash bash with my friends.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#10 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

actually theres a big list of ps1 only titles ,which havwe gone 3 console,

need for speed

crash

spyro

driver-out side gb pc

gta 1 and london 2 was multiplat

ff, slowly but surely gc gba wii ds and 360 have had ff games,

granturismo, still there but takes longer

mgs so far looks done for

the getaway ps2 ip was planned for a 3rd go but canned for ps3

socom , still going

twisted metal out side of psp and ps1 psn titles, and ps2 psp ports , twisted metal is dead

wipe out-just came out on ps3 so ya still going

jet moto-stopped after ps1

tomorow never dies 007 aND 007 RACING after these 2 every other 007 game besides the one efore it-goldeneye 007 , is multiplatform

syphon filter-after psp , dead none are planed for ps3

bushido blade seires- stopped after 2

ape escape- ps3 has yet to see so its safe to say dead

so ya i see where your comin from,

i actually liked n64 and ps1 more then any last gen platform for this very reason ,

each console has its exclusives, back then

but now it seams very few exclusives out side the wii , ds are created for ps and xbox ,

they always got the same ones at same time or later ported over ,

eg olivion ff and gta iv

damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Man the first 3 crash bandicoot games were awesome and so was Spyros games i don't what it was but it was one of those experiences you can only feel as a kid, good times.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts

I never got the charm of these games, I played a few of them for PS1 but, for a 3d game, they felt a bit too casual and linear for my taste... Not so surprised it isn't a mascot anymore, sackboy is a much better choice, and not just because it's one of the few exclusives :P

IMO, Solid Snake and the moogles where always better symbols for Sony back in the old days.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Crash Died for me a looong time ago. Same for Spyro.
Overclockd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Overclockd
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

twisted metal out side of psp and ps1 psn titles, and ps2 psp ports , twisted metal is dead

mariokart64fan

not really.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/850/850449p1.html

ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#15 ishoturface
Member since 2007 • 12460 Posts

ever since jak and ratchet he has gone down hill

ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

I agree. Crash/Spyro are sorta like Sonic. They were amazing at first, but after a trillion games of innovation but no fun, it's turned them hated.

I have to admit, I really liked Jak and Ratchet.

aquajet16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 aquajet16
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

The new Crash Bandicoot for the DS was a disgrace.mastetofthedark

QFMT

Also, the X-Box 360 one - forgot the name, sorry. I played that at my friends house and it was an epic failure.

sonic-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonic-ps360
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
yeah that old b*** took over crash (watch crash of the titans previews on gs) and thought 'omg hijacking monsters' SC*** YOU! god i hate her!
EquiIibrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EquiIibrium
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts
It died at crash bash for me. Spyro after the first two.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

I remember playing the first Crash game on ps1 and loving it. I may've played the 2nd and the 3rd as well, but the first has my fondest memories.

Btw, the reviews on the last Spyro game that are coming out around now are really sad and depressing.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#21 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

In other news, after many long years of scientific study it turns out fish can swim.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Ah yes, I loved Crash Bandicoot when I was a kid. I think it was the first PlayStation game I ever played so the series does have some sentimental value. I downloaded Crash 1-3 on the PS3 a while back and played through them, very nostalgic.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Yeah, I wish that Naughty Dog would buy Crash Bandicoot again... actually about a week ago I was thinking about buying Crash 1, 2 and 3 and setting up my PS2 (or PS3 if it works on the 40 or 60... can't remember, which I have got). Haven't yet but will in the next few months or so.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

Ah yes, I loved Crash Bandicoot when I was a kid. I think it was the first PlayStation game I ever played so the series does have some sentimental value. I downloaded Crash 1-3 on the PS3 a while back and played through them, very nostalgic. Floppy_Jim

i know this may sound like a dumb question but i've never downloaded any game before so i don't know, but do the downloadable versions play EXACTLY the same as the original. For example, if you set up 2 systems, one with the original disc and the other with the downloadable version, would i be able to tell the 2 apart?

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
i would just like to clarify that niether crash nor spyro were ever official sony mascots. they're both 2nd party characters, much like perfect dark for the n64.
Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
Thank god for the PSN
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#27 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1701 Posts

i would just like to clarify that niether crash nor spyro were ever official sony mascots. they're both 2nd party characters, much like perfect dark for the n64.sofaking_bob

ACtually I'm pretty sure Crash was an official mascot for Playstation back in the 90s. I recall getting a Crash stuffed doll thing when I signed up for the Playstation Underground back in the day and also I recall seeing him in a Pizza Hut commericial when they were giving out PS1 demo disc's lol.

sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts

negative. as i stated before, crash and spyro were both property of second-party developers which is why they can be on multiple platforms. if relations between the two copanies sour (i.e. nintendo and rareware) then the second party developers can take thier property to other mediums, or in the case of crash and spyro; sell them to someone else. if they were the official mascots then sony would have owned them rather than having an in-house developer like naughty dog or universal interactive, controlling the interests of that character.

this is why you're seeing banjo-kazooie on 360 even though they were thought by many to be nintendo characters. they aren't now and never have been, and this is why you won't be seeing donkey kong or mario on other platforms.. unless nintendo starts developing software for othe consoles besides it's own. SCEA did not own crash bandicoot or spyro the dragon.

just because a character is loyal to one system does NOT make it an official mascot, niether does the character being on a demo disc... gex was previously only available for the 3do, but was property of crystal dynamics... so... not the mascot. not officially anyway.

4StringSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 4StringSamurai
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
I didn't really care for crash, tomba and the jumping flash were my platforming fix on the ps1.
StaindShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StaindShadow
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
I used to be a huge fan of the Crash series. I had all the games for Playstation. But now, I don't even bother with the new games. Too much of a stepdown from the older games.
coconutkokal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coconutkokal
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
i miss crash and spyro
FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

Crash still a great hit, nothing can supper what crash was :)

and yeehh spyro was good too :)

SSlater413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SSlater413
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
I loved the Crash games back in the day when Naughy Dog had it. Crash 3 was the last great Crash game. I still play all the old games every once in a while.