Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#51 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts
@Enragedhydra said:

The Last of Us is overrated

It really, really is.

Though I do like how they set it all up in the beginning.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Resident Evil games are bad.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@warmblur said:

Stuff

• Resident Evil 7 is the worst RE game. - You haven't played 5 or 6 i guess.
  • Far Cry 5 is the most fun open world game of this gen so far. - This must be your first Far Cry game.
  • Bad Company 2 is not the best BF game Battlefield 2 is. - Why not.
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst is Dice's best game of this generation. - Agreed.
  • Call of Duty 4 is overrated trash it's influence dumbed down great games like Medal of Honor, Battlefield ect. - Added complex layers of progression. You should google dumbing down for proper definition.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction is a awesome game. - Agreed.
  • Watch Dogs is better then WD2 especially in terms of combat and characters. - Never played 2, but i have a feeling it's as boring and derivative as the first.
  • Silent Hill Shattered Memories is the best SH game. - Never played it, but i would be very surprised if it beat 2.
  • Sleeping Dogs is better then any Watch Dogs or Saints Row game. - Of what i have played of Sleeping Dogs, i would have to agree.
  • LA.Noire doesn't get enough love and is better then most AAA games today. -Hated LA Noire. It was a turd painted in nice colors. Still a turd tough.
  • VR is not a gimmick and is easily the most impressive thing in tech and gaming today. - It's fine i guess. Just not worth the current price of entry.
  • Witcher 3 is overrated and the graphics look dated already. - Liked what i played of it. Visuals are okay.
  • The version of Frank West from Dead Rising 4 is the best Frank he reminds me of Bruce Campbell. - Everything after 1 is a waste of time. No plan to ever play 4.
  • 4K is overrated I find AI Esrgan HQ textures more impressive. - I play 1080, 60hz, 60FPS. Whatev.
  • 99 percent of indy games are boring and worthless. - Some good indie games around, some shitty ones too. If you have testicles, google Darkest Dungeon.
  • Fallout 3 is overrated - Most overrated opinion, ever. Hating Fallout 3 for the sake of it is so 2012. That's coming from somebody who is not a Fallout fan.
  • DMC 2013 is the best DMC game. - No idea. DMC sucks in general so whatev!
  • GTAV remaster verisons look better then the Witcher 3 and is a much better game. - Okay.
  • Mafia 2 is best in the series. - Haven't played 1 or 3. Liked the game, but i wish people would shut up about it.
  • The Tomb Raider reboot 2013 is the best in the series. - Meh.
  • The Prey reboot was trash the oringal Prey is a million times better. - Haven't played it.

Here, take my responses as my own unpopular opinion ;)

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@warmblur said:
@worlds_apart said:
@warmblur said:
  • The Prey reboot was trash the oringal Prey is a million times better.

Is Prey a reboot? I heard the original Prey game is totally unrelated to the newer one.

You are right.

it's not even a reboot. The publisher acquired the rights to Prey and told Arkane they were doing a Prey game. Arkane said, "no, we're not" and the publisher said "YES YOU ARE!" and so Arkane said, "well, how about we just do this game we're already doing and call it Prey," and thus the new Prey was born.

Happens often enough. Another notable example is Soul Reaver, which was going to be some game about kids who could slide between dimensions, but then CD won the rights to Legacy of Kain and a few retextures and vampire models later - Soul Reaver.

And the original Prey was trash, too. So in that sense, the new Prey is remarkably faithful.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RSM-HQ

@lucidique: All opinions but Resident Evil Zero is arguably the worst mainline entry. Rebecca really deserved a better game. Not many played it even when ported but trust me, it's convoluted garbage with terrible systems.

At least 5 and 6 have a fun Mercenary mode. Zero has. . . Leech Hunter, even the extra content sucks.

DMC sucks in general so whatev!

Hating Devil May Cry for the sake of it, is so 2012.

That's coming from a Dante fanboi (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#56 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@lucidique said:
@warmblur said:

Stuff

• Resident Evil 7 is the worst RE game. - You haven't played 5 or 6 i guess.
  • Far Cry 5 is the most fun open world game of this gen so far. - This must be your first Far Cry game.
  • Bad Company 2 is not the best BF game Battlefield 2 is. - Why not.
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst is Dice's best game of this generation. - Agreed.
  • Call of Duty 4 is overrated trash it's influence dumbed down great games like Medal of Honor, Battlefield ect. - Added complex layers of progression. You should google dumbing down for proper definition.
  • Splinter Cell Conviction is a awesome game. - Agreed.
  • Watch Dogs is better then WD2 especially in terms of combat and characters. - Never played 2, but i have a feeling it's as boring and derivative as the first.
  • Silent Hill Shattered Memories is the best SH game. - Never played it, but i would be very surprised if it beat 2.
  • Sleeping Dogs is better then any Watch Dogs or Saints Row game. - Of what i have played of Sleeping Dogs, i would have to agree.
  • LA.Noire doesn't get enough love and is better then most AAA games today. -Hated LA Noire. It was a turd painted in nice colors. Still a turd tough.
  • VR is not a gimmick and is easily the most impressive thing in tech and gaming today. - It's fine i guess. Just not worth the current price of entry.
  • Witcher 3 is overrated and the graphics look dated already. - Liked what i played of it. Visuals are okay.
  • The version of Frank West from Dead Rising 4 is the best Frank he reminds me of Bruce Campbell. - Everything after 1 is a waste of time. No plan to ever play 4.
  • 4K is overrated I find AI Esrgan HQ textures more impressive. - I play 1080, 60hz, 60FPS. Whatev.
  • 99 percent of indy games are boring and worthless. - Some good indie games around, some shitty ones too. If you have testicles, google Darkest Dungeon.
  • Fallout 3 is overrated - Most overrated opinion, ever. Hating Fallout 3 for the sake of it is so 2012. That's coming from somebody who is not a Fallout fan.
  • DMC 2013 is the best DMC game. - No idea. DMC sucks in general so whatev!
  • GTAV remaster verisons look better then the Witcher 3 and is a much better game. - Okay.
  • Mafia 2 is best in the series. - Haven't played 1 or 3. Liked the game, but i wish people would shut up about it.
  • The Tomb Raider reboot 2013 is the best in the series. - Meh.
  • The Prey reboot was trash the oringal Prey is a million times better. - Haven't played it.

I don't really know how to respond lol but thanks for your input I guess, even if we don't agree on alot of things.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lucidique

@warmblur said:
@lucidique said:
Stuff

I don't really know how to respond lol but thanks for your input I guess, even if we don't agree on alot of things.

No worries, it's okay to disagree.

Here's one that's going to be real unpopular, as i'm fresh out of a 15 losses streak at Black Ops 4 : If you cannot carry your weight and contribute a reasonable amount of points in a team objective game, for multiple games in a row, it is time to consider quitting the game.

There is such a thing as a minimum skill threshold and if you cannot meet it, it's time to go.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Controversial opinions: Sim games edition

1. The Sims 4 have the best core game in the series. Previous games especially 2 and 3 are too bare-bones. Only their expansions made them "fun".

2. Spore is one of the best game Will Wright ever made but sadly it was little bit too far ahead of its time.

3. Harvest Moon: Back to Nature is the best HM game. The PS2 port of A Wonderful Life is the worst one.

4. Simcity 3000 is the best SC game ever made. SC 4 is too complex for its own good.

5. Speaking about Simcity, I rather play that game over Cities: Skyline.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#60 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

The Last Of Us is the most overrated video game of all time. Watch Dogs 2 is the best game of "Watch Dogs" franchise (location, story, characters attitude, gameplay & driving isn't super twitchy). Battlefield Bad Company 2 is better than BF3, BF4, BF Hardline, BF1 & BF5. Splinter Cell Conviction is just an bad S.C. game. Dragonball Fighterz is the most overrated fighting game of 2018 & FPS genre is an joke!

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Evolve is highly underrated.

PS4 exclusives are boring.

Praising the Switch above the PS4 and Xbox One is stupid - it’s an underpowered handheld for god’s sake.

Sony is MS’s hardware b*tch and copies everything they do (the EyeToy was supposed to launch with every ps4 but Sony feared it’d get trashed due to poor tech, so they made it optional).

Call of Duty is gaming’s most quality franchise.

Anyone who considers themself a ‘serious gamer’ has some major antisocial issues and should be monitored or database’d at the bare minimum.

BR is this generation’s strongest genre and is the most responsible for recruiting new gamers. Sorry CoD!

PC and mobile gaming are one in the same. A lot of crap to sift through in order to get to the good stuff.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

This generation royally sucks.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lucidique

@RSM-HQ said:

@lucidique: All opinions but Resident Evil Zero is arguably the worst mainline entry. Rebecca really deserved a better game. Not many played it even when ported but trust me, it's convoluted garbage with terrible systems.

At least 5 and 6 have a fun Mercenary mode. Zero has. . . Leech Hunter, even the extra content sucks.

DMC sucks in general so whatev!

I hear 5 is good. 1 was okay, 3 was tolerable. 2,4 and DMC i cannot stand.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RSM-HQ
@lucidique said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Think it heavily depends how much one likes 3D Hack n' Slashers such as Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and even possible the origin of many of these games; Soul Reaver. To me NG and DMC are kings of the craft.

On my fourth playthrough of DMC5. I like it, rank it my second favorite. Main draw back is pacing issues as you're juggling three completely different play-styles. So lacks consistency.

DMC3 is my favorite, it's an almost perfect game within its genre, only let down by that stupid cube-platform area.

DMC (original) has aged poorly, though still ok. Terribly stiff and poor angles damage the experience. Not to mention the awful first person sections. Bleh!

DMC2 is easily the worst.

DMC4 is good but flawed, tough to rank it high.

DmC plays drastically different and I don't like being harsh on the game, it's the least Devil May Cry one can ask for, and far too forgiving.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@lucidique said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Think it heavily depends how much one likes 3D Hack n' Slashers such as Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, and even possible the origin of many of these games; Soul Reaver. To me NG and DMC are kings of the craft.

On my fourth playthrough of DMC5. I like it, rank it my second favorite. Main draw back is pacing issues as you're juggling three completely different play-styles. So lacks consistency.

DMC3 is my favorite, it's an almost perfect game within its genre, only let down by that stupid cube-platform area.

DMC (original) has aged poorly, though still ok. Terribly stiff and poor angles damage the experience. Not to mention the awful first person sections. Bleh!

DMC2 is easily the worst.

DMC4 is good but flawed, tough to rank it high.

DmC plays drastically different and I don't like being harsh on the game, it's the least Devil May Cry one can ask for, and far too forgiving.

DMC5 is good. I agree that DMC3 is still the best and I wish DMC4 and 5 let you play through the story as one character. They should have just done it like it's done in Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2, the same campaign with some key differences in the story and a few unique scenarios. The stylized gothic look of DMC3 was also more interesting to me, and the music wasn't as shitty, and there weren't so many cutscenes.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 RSM-HQ

@ezekiel43: DMC5 does give players the option to switch off all cutscenes, but I agree. Too many overall for a series that's always been a Jei Rokku influenced series with light hearted humor.

DMC3 gave usually one on each and every other chapter and closing. Story was simple and told minimalistic. While someone can play as Virgil in one of the closing chapters (or SE edition) and the doppelganger it's one character, nice and short.

I think it's all an attempted to also cater towards a larger audience, some of who would only play for the story. While it has been marketed to be a return to form. It does seem Capcom want it to please a larger audience.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@RSM-HQ: agree about outlast and res 7.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

@jackamomo said:

Resident Evil games are bad.

Not controversial honestly.

capcom in general I'd put in that category with really basically a few Mega Man games being the exception.

Then I'd say Sony and generic Japanese themed games they make are good as a contrast more or less.

@jdc6305 said:

This generation royally sucks.

Kinda this also. It feels like we're all running in place sorta tedious but I guess i9t's better than just not having video games.

@Sevenizz said:

Evolve is highly underrated.

PS4 exclusives are boring.

Praising the Switch above the PS4 and Xbox One is stupid - it’s an underpowered handheld for god’s sake.

Sony is MS’s hardware b*tch and copies everything they do (the EyeToy was supposed to launch with every ps4 but Sony feared it’d get trashed due to poor tech, so they made it optional).

Call of Duty is gaming’s most quality franchise.

Anyone who considers themself a ‘serious gamer’ has some major antisocial issues and should be monitored or database’d at the bare minimum.

BR is this generation’s strongest genre and is the most responsible for recruiting new gamers. Sorry CoD!

PC and mobile gaming are one in the same. A lot of crap to sift through in order to get to the good stuff.

I don't think Evolve is underrated actually because a lot of people like it but everything else yeah sorta...