This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrojanMan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TrojanMan10
Member since 2005 • 66 Posts

Do you think there will ever be console MMOs... i surely hope so i think it would evolve console gaming to another level

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
There are console MMO's. Fantasy Star online and Final Fantasy XI for example :)
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
champions online, which is coming out in the not to distant future (i hope) :D
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Do you think there will ever be console MMOs... i surely hope so i think it would evolve console gaming to another level

TrojanMan10
There already are console mmos and there will be more, as noted by the 2 other posters.
Arath_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Arath_1
Member since 2003 • 4688 Posts

Even Everquest attempted a console port with Online Adventures although Final Fantasy XI is the only console MMO that has taken off. Sony Computer Entertainment have however comitted to bringing all their future MMOs to consoles as well as PCs. Final Fantasy XIV is also in the works for next year not to mention CCPs recently revealed DUST 514 which they see as an online FPS extension on consoles of their EVE Online title. I believe APB (All Points Bulletin) is also coming to the Xbox 360 if not in the same time frame that the PC version is.

The genre however doesn't particularly sit very well with consoles. Not yet anyway due to the legacy of their design.

Halororor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Halororor
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts
A few years back there was videos of a mmo called Huxley where console and PC players could play together. Never heard of it again since then, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.
LethalEu4ia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LethalEu4ia
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts

A few years back there was videos of a mmo called Huxley where console and PC players could play together. Never heard of it again since then, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.Halororor

I believe it's been 'indefinately delayed' but still coming for the PC. PS3 will see more console MMO's before 360 does.