console gaming on larger tv sets.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SalikSST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 SalikSST
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

console gaming like WII U,PS4 etc on larger than 32inch lcd/led or plasma whatever type tv does going bigger screen affect visuals in any sort like more visible aliasing.apparent lowres textures etc or is it the same graphical experience throughout no matter the size of screen.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Well,you push the same amount of pixels on a much larger surface

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I have an hd projector in my basement with a 100 inch screen and my gaming headset, its one of the most immersive experience you can think of, I am locked away for hours in there at time, and the games look very good in 720p and 1080p on the big screen.

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

Graphics are fine on a bigger set, unless you're playing a really old standard def console. The only thing I would worry about is input lag. Smaller TVs almost by default have a lower ms. Sonys on average are the fastest gaming TVs available, even at larger sizes. Their 65 inch W950 only has a 17ms input lag. Absolutely ridiculous. Sony being the only manufacturer that makes TVs AND game systems, they try their best to make sure they are the fastest for gaming.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@CR00K said:

Graphics are fine on a bigger set, unless you're playing a really old standard def console. The only thing I would worry about is input lag. Smaller TVs almost by default have a lower ms. Sonys on average are the fastest gaming TVs available, even at larger sizes. Their 65 inch W950 only has a 17ms input lag. Absolutely ridiculous. Sony being the only manufacturer that makes TVs AND game systems, they try their best to make sure they are the fastest for gaming.

Um no, Sony doesn't corner the market on fast response times lol.

SalikSST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 SalikSST
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

humbly thankful for all the replies everyone.

MakoShark222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By MakoShark222
Member since 2014 • 55 Posts

I just purchased a new Samsung curved 55in 4k w/3D and it will upscale anything to 4k. It looks breath taking on my PS4 or computer and there is no lag what so ever. It will even turn non 3D game to 3D. I don't use 3D a lot, kinda a novelty but its really cool to see games in 3D.

Want to add I play FPS mainly and right now its CoD AW where if there was noticeable input lag you'd notice it quick but there is none the games plays and looks brilliant.