Conker's Bad Fur Day worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts

I just found out about this game and it sounds really awesome... So I went to a few stores but no one has it. Apparently it is a pretty rare game for the N64. So basically I am just left with ebay, where they are like 30 bucks for the game. Is it worth it?

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Yes, it is one of the best games on the N64. It's like Banjo Kazooie but M-rated for all the toilet humor and language. I have been trying to buy a copy recently myself, it looks like it is going to cost me around $30-$40.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yentlequible

Yes, it is one of the best games on the N64. It's like Banjo Kazooie but M-rated for all the toilet humor and language. I have been trying to buy a copy recently myself, it looks like it is going to cost me around $30-$40.

Orlando_Magic
I loved banjo kazooie to death. Also one of the greatest N64 games. When I found out that they made a similar game that was rated M, I wanted it. Maybe ill have to do ebay then...
Avatar image for helpmehplz85654
helpmehplz85654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 helpmehplz85654
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

I loved the game but not worth 30 bucks

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yentlequible

I loved the game but not worth 30 bucks

helpmehplz85654
Other people seem to think it is... With luck, maybe I can find some person that has it sitting in there collection and buy it cheap off of them. Then in a few years, maybe there will be a bigger demand for it and I could make some money.
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#6 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
It depends. 30 is a lot, but it IS a cIassic. Very controversial in its day, so that's why it's a little hard to get by. It's a great game on its own, so you'll enjoy it if you do choose to pay for it.
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

Yup its definitely worth buy, but I would try and find it a little cheaper then $30, maybe $20 to $25.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

That game is worth every penny of the $30. It is a classic, and one of the greatest and entertaining games I've played.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

yes. i got both the n64 and xbox versions

gamefree2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 gamefree2
Member since 2006 • 2073 Posts

It's a pretty fun game. 30-40 dollars maybe pushing it. But that is up to you.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I just found out about this game and it sounds really awesome... So I went to a few stores but no one has it. Apparently it is a pretty rare game for the N64. So basically I am just left with ebay, where they are like 30 bucks for the game. Is it worth it?

yentlequible

I got it for $2 in 2003 from FYE.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yentlequible

[QUOTE="yentlequible"]

ThePerro

I got it for $2 in 2003 from FYE.

Thank you, you just reminded me of a store that I forgot to check.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yentlequible
Well I put up an ad on my local classifieds site last night.... Turns out that now I am buying it from some guy for the generous price of $20. I am pretty excited.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
That kinda game wasn't my thing, never got into banjo kazooie or spyro or anything like that. But honestly I owned Bad Fur Day and had plenty of fun. Mostly thanks to the toilet humor and poop jokes. If I still had my copy I wouldn't mind selling it to you for what ever makes it worth my time to send haha. But I don't :(
yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yentlequible
Maybe ill just always keep a close eye on the classifieds to buy them from people for like 5 or 10 bucks... Then I can turn around and sell them for 30 or more on ebay.
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Hey dude, get Conker: Live and Reloaded. It's upgraded graphics and awesome multiplayer on original xbox. Some people prefer the original, I'm not sure why.

It's priceless, one of my all time favourite games, obviously since i'm called it.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Hey dude, get Conker: Live and Reloaded. It's upgraded graphics and awesome multiplayer on original xbox. Some people prefer the original, I'm not sure why.

bad_fur_day

Mostly for nostalgic purposes, and because people want to play the original game in its original form, to experience what all the fuss was about.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

bad_fur_day

One of the best aspects of the original game was the awesome multiplayer, IMO it is way better than Live and Reloaded, that's why i feel most people liked the original more than the remake.

So, TC, my advice, if you have 4 N64 controllers and people to play, then is a great choice, even if you don't have friends to play, the game is still awesome.

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

[QUOTE="bad_fur_day"]

madsnakehhh

One of the best aspects of the original game was the awesome multiplayer, IMO it is way better than Live and Reloaded, that's why i feel most people liked the original more than the remake.

So, TC, my advice, if you have 4 N64 controllers and people to play, then is a great choice, even if you don't have friends to play, the game is still awesome.

I did not know the original had multiplayer. My bad, Live and Reloaded multi player was super awesome though.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="bad_fur_day"]

bad_fur_day

I did not know the original had multiplayer. My bad, Live and Reloaded multi player was super awesome though.

Yeah, and some of the modes were really good like Heist or Beach, modes that didn't appear in the remake, like i said, that's why i feel most people prefer the original.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yentlequible
I might have to try both versions. I started playing the n64 version today and it is awesome! Kind of stuck right now though... Oh well...
TabJSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TabJSR
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

I found it for twenty-three dollars in a flea market, one day. It's one of the best games ever made. It's a platforming gem that was, sadly, never released in Japan. It has six multi-player game modes, each one with intelligent computer-controlled players.