Condemned 2 Q&A at IGN.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts

This reminds me I have to play the first one.

It seems that the guys at IGN sat down for a nice chat with the SEGA/Monolith team, in order to unveil a couple of details about the upcoming 360 title.

It is suppossed to feature a revamped combat system, improved AI, more interactive environments, and multiplayer features (but no co-op).

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#2 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
thanks... i'll have to remember to look it up when i get home.
SWIFFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SWIFFT
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts

The first one was great and the second one is sounding even better!

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
I read it this morning, sounds good. I like the first it just needed a better story and more variety.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

I loved the first condemned and have been waiting for a sequel since I heard they were making one. I just hope the story clears up some of the lingering questions from the first.

And the only complaint I had about the first was length. even with getting all the acheivement points and playing through it a third time to show the story to someone I still did not get much time out of the game. So if they do something about the length it would be great. I loved everything else though,so if the improvements actually do make gameplay better this could shape up to be one of the best games I have ever played.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44626 Posts
Very cool. I really enjoyed the first one so I'm definately looking forward to the sequel. Criminal Origins had a great creepy atmosphere to it and hearing them say that this one will be even darker is really saying something. I like how they are going to expand on the combat and forensics aspect. I'm also really looking forward to how they answer the many questions posed in the first game since there some very interesting things that they never really explained a whole lot on. Can't wait to see more on this one.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

It seems that the guys at IGN sat down for a nice chat with the SEGA/Monolith team, in order to unveil a couple of details about the upcoming 360 title.

It is suppossed to feature a revamped combat system, improved AI, more interactive environments, and multiplayer features (but no co-op).

SteelAttack

damn co-op would be sweet, especially in a game like this, co-op could make things less creepy for those of us that are cowards. :oops:

nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 nuttybar
Member since 2005 • 9624 Posts
Cool, I like that they seem to be improving on the flaws of the first Condemned, as even though I thought it was brilliant and it's one of my favourite games so far in this generation it certainly could have done with more variety to the gameplay.  Besides, if nothing else, this is the only Sega franchise I have any faith in. 
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

HiResDes

damn co-op would be sweet, especially in a game like this, co-op could make things less creepy for those of us that are cowards. :oops:

It would be fun, but maybe a cop out. I wouldn't mind there being more freedom with the guns, maybe you could have a selection and choose how you wanted to approach levels gun free or armed to the teeth.

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

HiResDes

Oh, man count me in. I'm such a wuss when it comes to horror games, lol.  

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

I read it this morning, sounds good. I like the first it just needed a better story and more variety. gaminggeek

:o IMO the story was the best part of the first one (they actually say so in the interview as well). It was refreshingly twisted in a way you rarely see in games. 

nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nuttybar

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]I read it this morning, sounds good. I like the first it just needed a better story and more variety. inoperativeRS

:o IMO the story was the best part of the first one (they actually say so in the interview as well). It was refreshingly twisted in a way you rarely see in games.

Although I agree with the story being great...the ending wasn't too good.  It just tried to make this sudden scare/revelation and abrubtly ended just for the sake of a twist. 

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Besides, if nothing else, this is the only Sega franchise I have any faith in.nuttybar

It's not a Sega franchise, Condemned is developed and fully owned by Monolith (or rather Monolith's parent company, Warner Bros. Interactive).

I really enjoyed Condemned and while it's disappointing not to be able to see the sequel in motion, it is very good to hear they are addressing pretty much everything I had issues with.

nuttybar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nuttybar

[QUOTE="nuttybar"]Besides, if nothing else, this is the only Sega franchise I have any faith in.UpInFlames

It's not a Sega franchise, Condemned is developed and fully owned by Monolith (or rather Monolith's parent company, Warner Bros. Interactive).

Then it's the only Sega published game i'm interest in...which is even more of a shame

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"]

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]I read it this morning, sounds good. I like the first it just needed a better story and more variety. nuttybar

Although I agree with the story being great...the ending wasn't too good. It just tried to make this sudden scare/revelation and abrubtly ended just for the sake of a twist.

That's true. I was more refering to the whole plot than just the ending though :P. 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]I read it this morning, sounds good. I like the first it just needed a better story and more variety. inoperativeRS

It is the best part. :P

But it still needs improving. Let's face it, most stories are good for videogames not good stories in themselves compared to books or films. Even MGS would end up as a mildy diverting action movie story, not exactly lord of the rings eh?