joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Ok so couch multiplayer seems to be quite a trending thing right now. I'm planning a games night with some mates and want to know what titles are available on either the wiiU, ps4 or xbox one. I've got smash and kart for the wiiU and getting #idarb free on xbox live. The only other games I can think of are sports friends and towerfall ascension. I love these kind of games where everyone's on the screen at once, especially if its 4 player.

Does anybody know of anymore games like this?

Conviic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Conviic
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Rayman Origins has a good local multiplayer, although it's cooperative not competitive.

Also Gang Beasts is a new game, four players and local MP, i don't know if it's everyone versus eveyone or 2 versus 2 but it seems pretty fun.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

@conviic: I do love rayman but looking more toward competitive games. I didn't realise gang beasts was coming to consoles until I just looked it up so thanks for that one, it's exactly the kind of game I'm looking for.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@joe_b1_kenobi:

Rayman Origin's doesn't have a competitive mode..... but Rayman Legends does.... its called Kunfoot and ots extremely reccommended that you do not play this mode unless you have 3 friends.... bit its a minigame and I don't see anyone sinking alot of time into unless you make bets and wagers.

Other than that.... its mostly Sports Games....

The PS4 has fighting games in its favour but none of which have 2vs2....... that will be coming in Dead or Alive 5 Last Rouns in a few months.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Nidhogg it's a 1v1 fencing game. Rounds are pretty quick so don't worry about having to wait until your turn.

zer0dark30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zer0dark30
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@toast_burner: all the halo games support splitscreen coop and multiplayer

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Ultra Street Fighter IV if you have friends willing to delve into it with you at the same time. It's a lot of effort and the strategies go really deep, but it is exceptionally rewarding. This basically goes for all competitive fighting games. They are all superior in local multiplayer because many rely on timing things to 1/60th of a second and I don't think there is any netcode in existence that can handle 100% lagless connection.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

NBA Jam... only 360/PS3 though or you can play it on PS Now

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

Although it saddens me to say it, the multiplayer on halo games is great fun - you should try making some custom game modes.

Sportsfriends and towerfall: ascension would be my top picks, but you've already mentioned them.

LittleBigPlanet 3 for PS4, I suppose. And if you have a last gen console, portal 2, borderlands 2 and (dare I say it) war in the north have fun co-op.

Ooh, and fighting games - Injustice: Gods among us is fun. And street fighter V and mortal combat X are coming out.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19600 Posts

Nidhogg is brilliant fun. It's only two players at a time, but matches are only a couple of minutes long, and it's also really fun to spectate.

Gang Beasts is also pretty hilarious, although I don't know if it's fully-functioning yet.