Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

g805ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 g805ge
Member since 2009 • 474 Posts

Despite it getting a lot of positive reviews from critics C&C Red Alert 3 has gotten a mixed reaction from gamers on the internet. They say it's dumbed down and EA ruined the game but one of my friends said that the game is good and not as bad as some have put it out to be but it was basically the same game as previous titles. Now I'm a big fan of this series and I don't hate EA like most do. I find most of EA titles hit or miss, however they rehash all their sport games except for NHL 09. I'm getting the feeling people just hate EA because they're popular and hate any game they made. A lot of gamers hated Spore but I thought it was decent but could've been better however it was not EA's fault it was Chris Hecker who suggested Will Wright to "casualize" it for the casual audience.

So is Red Alert 3 really that bad or is it a exaggeration by whiny internet nerds?

arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
I have played RA3. Its not bad enough to bash it like hell. But I felt it lacks something that keeps me away from it to play it multiple times. But it's surely a good game for CnC series lovers (count me in too). EA is not at the point of hatred because they are at No. 1 (I think Activision-Blizzrd is No.1 now, correct me if I am wrong), they simply make either a good game that is value for money or they make a game that is total wastage of money. But this is also true for other publishers too. Why EA get more bash than others? IMAO, they hyped up all the game's they are publishing even if it's f***d up and when gamers find that game's not worth the money they bash it. EA does this more often than others. Spore was a good game for many, but it's not at all worth the hype EA did.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
been playing red alert since the first ones and honestly 1 & 2 were superb, 3 however is not bad but for fans that have grown up with it you tend to notice flaws easier then somebody who has only played the red alert 3. The graphics and visuals give it a nice new look in my opinion, I've heard some fans moan but I think they are just trying to find weaknesses. If you have played other red alerts you will feel the change in the units which is why a lot of fans don't like it. And in my opinion its a good strategy game but as a fan the only reason I need to not buy this game is that the music is terrible compared to the others. if your a fan you will know the tune Hell March, which was one of the best things about red alert. (until red alert 3 came out)
TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts

I've got Red Alert 3 & it's an enjoyable game. Yes, it's not better than Red Alert 2 but it's still good.

I think people who do not like Red Alert 3 were expecting more from the game like better graphics.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stike22
It really depends if you have played the others, if you haven't then go for it.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I only played the demo but that really scared me away. The big yellow lines indicating selected units. The poisonous green and blood red, bob the builder blue. It's like a toybox. I can appreciate this in a mario game but i expected something cooler for red alert 3 especially when i think back to red alert 2 with it's awesome dark soundtracks, which are still there! It just doesn't suit the game at all.
Then they added stuff. Why do developers feel the constant need to add stuff?
It's like Sonic. You don't add swords to sonic, or werewolves or puzzles or guns or skates or skating moves or voices or...
What they did is they made micromanagement much more important. You have all these transformations and abilites going on now. And this makes the gameplay one big mess. I never had the idea that i had full control of my army. And that's what i like to have. It's the same thing where Warcraft 3 went wrong imo. That's why i rather play Red Alert 2 than 3. Give me an RTS that relies more on thinking than reflexes.
I know that's personal, and that's what i thought about it.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stike22
agreed especially about sonic they have completely lost the story of the game. But honestly if I as a serious red alert fan judged, I would say it was a flop, but if I was a first timer I reckon I would love it. Have you ever thought about command and conquer tiberium wars, might be better have a look at it.
TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts
Yea Tiberium Wars is better, but seriously Red Alert 3 is a good game, i know it looks like a cartoon but once you get into it, it's enjoyable.
diyar100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 diyar100
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 is awesome.
AlexIpsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlexIpsia
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
hmm red alert 3..bad?? i don't think .....6 gb ..is alot ..beautiful graphik
Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts

I think Red Alert 3 is fantastic. It takes what was started in Red Alert 2 in terms of colorful over-the-top silliness and expertly expresses it throughout every nuance of the game. The result is a game that's even more colorful, more charismatic, and a lot funnier than Red Alert 2, yet it still plays and feels like a Red Alert game.

I've personally had a whole lot more fun playing Red Alert 3 than I did playing C&C 3, which I found enjoyable, but kind of ultimately unsatisfying (like Tiberian Sun rather than Tiberian Dawn).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70361 Posts
My main beef with game that the camera is too close.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
Much less spammy than C&C3. Balance seems to be better thought out and the latest patch 1.7 has a lot of suggestions from top players and seems to address issues rather than play a game of whack-a-mole of nerfing and buffing.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Only bad thing I've heard from a friend is that the Russian super tank thingy isn't as hardcore as in Red Alert 2. Other then that he's praised it to high heaven.
Gig69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gig69
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Na Its Smooth Beautiful graphics an so forth i think they did a bangin job on it
Nightmare799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Nightmare799
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

no its not bad,its so **** that your brain will bleed while playing this steaming pile of crap from planet zerg that someone was so bold to call game.its disgrace,its abominance and its blast in the past.except the old CaC games were fun.i dont know what they were thinking when relasing this .... . CaC3 wasnt something extremely good,but at least it was a good copypasta od lotr[anyone else noticed it runs on exacly same engine?].

Nightmare799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Nightmare799
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

I think Red Alert 3 is fantastic. It takes what was started in Red Alert 2 in terms of colorful over-the-top silliness and expertly expresses it throughout every nuance of the game. The result is a game that's even more colorful, more charismatic, and a lot funnier than Red Alert 2, yet it still plays and feels like a Red Alert game.

I've personally had a whole lot more fun playing Red Alert 3 than I did playing C&C 3, which I found enjoyable, but kind of ultimately unsatisfying (like Tiberian Sun rather than Tiberian Dawn).

Tiberius
O RLY?what makes it at least touching ankles of generals?if you want to play runescape strategy game,go ahead.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Red Alert 3 is a very fun game. Not as good as RA1 and RA2 but still good. When you play it don't forget to set on ultra graphics!