COD: World at War II?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

A box art for “Call of Duty: World At War II” has reportedly popped up on Amazon. The game which would be developed by Treyarch, the next in line to develop a title for the series, would be a sequel to the original World at War, which would most likely go back to the series World War 1 and 2 roots in place of the more modern and futuristic settings of the latest three titles.

According to GamerHeadlines, which reported first about the box art, it’s not available on Amazon anymore, and may or may not be legit.

The box art, which shows off an Xbox One design, seems to be releasing very early for a leaked concept box art, so I would take this with a grain of salt.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Shit, I would actually consider playing this if it had a gritty, atmospheric WWII-vibe like World at War did. I'll be one of the few to say that World at War was my favorite. Sure, it was my first Call of Duty, but I did go back and play Modern Warfare. Plus I did really like MW2 at the time, at least for a while. But I still consider World at War to be my favorite. I guess I'm just not a big fan of modern/futuristic shooters. That and I never tired myself out on WWII games since, like I mentioned, World at War was actually my first Call of Duty.

I know I've distanced myself from the franchise, but if this is real, I'll be really tempted to play it.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#3 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

World At War already has a sequel.

It's called Black Ops.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

This is way too early for this to be real. And also, didn't the end of World at War wrap up world war 2?

Kevlar101 is right, Black Ops was the sequel to world at war as all the characters and lore transfer over to black ops 1.

Still wouldn't mind playing in world war 2 again as long as creative ideas are introduced. Maybe have alternate history type of screnio set during world war 2 that includes time travel, massive robots, and crazy techonoly like the ray gun. Now that is a game I would play.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Okay, I just realized. This must be fake. Why? Because there is no generic soldier in the center of the box-art. :P

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@behardy24 said:

This is way too early for this to be real. And also, didn't the end of World at War wrap up world war 2?

Kevlar101 is right, Black Ops was the sequel to world at war as all the characters and lore transfer over to black ops 1.

Still wouldn't mind playing in world war 2 again as long as creative ideas are introduced. Maybe have alternate history type of screnio set during world war 2 that includes time travel, massive robots, and crazy techonoly like the ray gun. Now that is a game I would play.

So Wolfenstein?

marlobc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 marlobc
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

i always loved world war setting , i also loved world at war , if this is true i am excited , i dont know why they did future again with advanced warfare ,

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Okay, I just realized. This must be fake. Why? Because there is no generic soldier in the center of the box-art. :P

It's concept art, it's not final. Basicly a placeholder