Christmas Decision

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gopackersgokc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 gopackersgokc
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Hi everyone I was wondering if I could have some advice on what I should buy. I currently have an XBOX One. I have a couple options.

Option 1: I could buy the Xbox One X and a 4k TV.

Option 2: Buy PS4 Pro with VR + COD and Battlefront

I prefer the xbox but the VR is really appealing. I was wondering if you think the Xbox One X is really worth it, or should I try something new,

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i would just say go with PS4 Pro and a 4k TV. VR holds no appeal to me, but since you have an X1, why not just get a PS4 Pro to complete the set and make sure you don't miss anything, game-wise?

On their own, I don't view an upgrade to Pro or an X1X as worth it if you already own the base console. In fact, I own both the PS4 and X1 and just decided to upgrade my gaming PC situation this year rather than put money into these console upgrades.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

COD and Battlefront 2 are crap, so I wouldn't list those as perks.

VR is cool, but is it enough? A 4K TV is a wise investment, but VR seems a bit more of a token splurge to me.

But...do you already own a regular Xbox? I wouldnt buy another xbox if I did own one already.

So I guess my answer is don't bother, save your money.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I'd go with the PS4 personally, it has a very interesting and expansive library that you'll likely get a lot of mileage out of. Although personally I wouldn't bother with the PSVR right now.

gopackersgokc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gopackersgokc
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@dragonfly110: why wouldn't you bother?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Well if you already have an xBox One, I'd suggest getting a Ps4. When it comes to 4k Tv vs Vr it's up to you. I really enjoy VR, but I still play a lot on my 4k Tvs, so my option would be "get both". But if you want to only get one of both, it really depends on your current Tv. Getting a 4k for a Ps4 Pro isn't worth it IMO, a strong PC should be the thing justifying a 4k Tv. HDR (and smart Tv functions, depending on your current Tv) on the other hand could be a huge reason to switch out your Tv. So I guess: If you have a rather modern / good Tv already, go with the PsVr. If you want to upgrade your Tv anyway, o that instead. VR won't replace your Tv.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

@gopackersgokc: Just not a substantial enough library for it to be a worthwhile investment imo. There are a few cool titles like RE 7, Superhot VR, and Bound but for the most part the stuff is pretty bite-sized content wise, or shovelware.

Siggestardust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Siggestardust
Member since 2017 • 34 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

i would just say go with PS4 Pro and a 4k TV. VR holds no appeal to me, but since you have an X1, why not just get a PS4 Pro to complete the set and make sure you don't miss anything, game-wise?

On their own, I don't view an upgrade to Pro or an X1X as worth it if you already own the base console. In fact, I own both the PS4 and X1 and just decided to upgrade my gaming PC situation this year rather than put money into these console upgrades.

This post!

Yellokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yellokk
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Xbox one x and 4kTV imo

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Ps4 pro

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Man I wouldn't buy any of that.... Maybe a nice TV....

Get the PSPro and VR if you're interested in VR. Though I think PC is the way to go for VR. PSVR will have a more curated library, but if you're willing to dig through the shit Oculus or Vive will have way more to offer.

I just don't see the value in buying a console these days.

MarkMoore23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarkMoore23
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@CTR360: Agree