Cheating and looking up answers, if you do it, you should be turned into pig feed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 FanboyMcTroll
Member since 2017 • 274 Posts

Anyone who has to look up an answer to a game they are stuck in or use a guide book or look up some game wiki for an answer is a sore loser and should be turned into pig feed.

The whole point of the game is to create a challenge to the player, if you can't figure out the riddle, the maze, the challenge in the game and have to resort to cheating by looking it up in a guide book or online, then you are a sore loser and should be turned into feed.

mic drop

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Even the greatest players need the walkthrough sometimes.

I use them rarely but sometimes I need to. Like if I quit the game because I can't figure out some and like if I'm a loser because of that.

I strongly suggest to all players to use the Youtube walkthrough when they are stuck and even more if they wish.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I challenge you to find all the wrecked cars in Test Drive Unlimited 2 without any help.

Some puzzle games are so illogical and badly made that you really need a guide. You know, the ones that require you to use sunflower with umbrealla at full moon to fly to the next level or some such totally illogical crap.

As for using cheat codes, I use them all the time with PS2 and PS1 games. Because they make the games more fun. And the point of gaming is to have fun, and not to be anal moron who takes games way too seriously.

Once we buy a game, it is our property. Meaning we can do whatever we want with it. Including hacking it, using cheat codes and so on. You have no say in it.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FanboyMcTroll

@henrythefifth: Yes you can do whatever you want with the game after you buy it, but do you need your hand held while you play the game. What ever happened to figuring it out yourself?

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

I usually try to avoid looking up guides if I can help it but I'll sometimes look up a walkthrough if I get really stumped with something. There have been times where the solution has been something that I never would have thought to do myself. Like in Zelda Ocarina of Time, I never would have thought to shoot the bow at the sun to get the fire arrows.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@fanboymctroll: You're an extremely angry person, aren't you? Every topic you've created has been about how much you want to kill everyone. It's really disturbing...

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Didn't you already do this thread?

Do you have a micro penis to compensate or something?

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FanboyMcTroll

@Starshine_M2A2: I know, they just released me from the mental asylum, I also spent time in jail, my cell mate was Dylann Roof, we had some great discussions.

All I got to say is cheaters are sore losers, instead of being a sissy give up baby, take the time to search to use your brain to figure out the puzzle, the riddle, but I guess today people just can't be stuck for longer than 5 minutes because of ADHD so they need to look up answers on-line right away.

You cheat and look up an answer, you are a loser, simple

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

in b4 lock

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@fanboymctroll: There's no shame in asking for directions every once in a while. That's what walkthroughs and strategy guides are for. I agree that actual cheats like wall hacking and god mode suck but I won't ever chastise someone who just needs a little bit of assistance. Allowing your ego to get in the way of progress is just silly.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

What a moronic thread lol. I’m sure everyone will stop using guides now because some weird kid on the internet insulted them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

@joe_b1_kenobi said:

What a moronic thread lol. I’m sure everyone will stop using guides now because some weird kid on the internet insulted them.

i thought he was a kid because in all his threads he calls everyone babies and retards like kids tend to do. plus he's made some of the worst attempts at trolling i've ever seen and both things together just scream of something a young kid would do.

but then in another thread he said his favourite retro games were all the old sierra point and click adventure games from the late 80s which means he's probably in his forties lol

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Maybe games should not be so poorly designed?

I am not asking games to hold my hand all the time, but Jesus, some puzzles or even figuring out what to do next are so mind boggling annoying.

Even simple map systems seem to be a pain in Metroid Prime or Mass Effect.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Lol

I kind of wonder a bit when I see things like "Fallout 4 build guide". I think people should just man up and work out their own damn build!

Also, I find it very hard to respect when online gamers use hacks.

But, as others have mentioned - every now and then there are things that can drive you insane if left to your own devices.

And that's why I hate puzzle games - because you have to be a friggin psychic to figure em out sometimes!!!

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FanboyMcTroll

@thereal25: persistence is the key. I love puzzle games because it's a challenge. There is yet a puzzle or challenge I have not figured out eventually, it adds hours to the game experience, instead of just breezing through it.

And I can never be called a sore loser, quitter or cheater like other gamers who can't handle a challenge and have to resort to cheating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I youtube shit. Wanna arrest me?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#18  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

I agree. Once upon a time I was playing Super Punch Out with my friend. He was getting his ass kicked by Gabby Jay. He was all like damn, better look at Nintendo Power. I slapped the magazine out of his hands and told him Nintendo Power was for cowards. I was all like gimme the controller.

Then I started the rematch against Gabby Jay and turned off the TV.

My friend was like DUDE, there's literally no way you're actually going to beat him with the TV turned off let alone not looking at Nintendo Power! I simply told him that he needs to believe in the Zen.

When I turned back on the TV, there Gabby Jay was, lying on the ground with the letters "TKO" plastered across the screen. Moral of the story is looking up the answer and cheating is for sore losers and you only become a winner by believing in the Zen.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FanboyMcTroll

@Gamerno6666: Do what you like, obviously you can't use your brain to figure a game out on your own

Probably couldn't even get yourself out of a wet paper bag

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Nothing wrong looking up a guide to find out those hidden secrets. It's totally normal. Most of us have done it.

Obviously, there is more satisfaction and accomplishment figuring out things yourself. Looking up for answers regularly takes away the fun.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@henrythefifth: AC2 all 100 feathers, GTA 4, those 100 secrets, GTA 5, the 100 jumps. There's hundreds of games where its impossible.

@Macutchi said:
@joe_b1_kenobi said:

i thought he was a kid because in all his threads he calls everyone babies and retards like kids tend to do. plus he's made some of the worst attempts at trolling i've ever seen and both things together just scream of something a young kid would do.

but then in another thread he said his favourite retro games were all the old sierra point and click adventure games from the late 80s which means he's probably in his forties lol

I'm guessing he's 50, and going through a mid-life crisis.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thereal25

@fanboymctroll said:

@thereal25: persistence is the key. I love puzzle games because it's a challenge. There is yet a puzzle or challenge I have not figured out eventually, it adds hours to the game experience, instead of just breezing through it.

And I can never be called a sore loser, quitter or cheater like other gamers who can't handle a challenge and have to resort to cheating.

Well fair enough, if you have the time. I just lose patience when solving things seems to be more a matter of trial and error or guessing rather than logic.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FanboyMcTroll

@thereal25: I don't get it, why does everyone on here say they have limited time, that is their excuse for cheating??? If your time is that precious then why even bother playing games in the first place? If you can't take the time to figure a puzzle out and you have to resort to cheating, why even bother playing. Stop wasting your valuable time and go do your important things.

Last time I checked, gaming was a leisure activity done for fun, what's the rush??? Do you go to a movie and walk out 20 minutes before the end because you want to beat the crowd and the rush home?? Do you walk out of sporting events early to beat the traffic?? Is your life that busy and hectic that you can't take the time to actually enjoy games without cheating because it takes too long to figure it out on your own?? Or you just a numbskull who can't figure anything out and needs a guide book through life, and a life coach to help wipe your ass???

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@fanboymctroll said:

@thereal25: I don't get it, why does everyone on here say they have limited time, that is their excuse for cheating??? If your time is that precious then why even bother playing games in the first place? If you can't take the time to figure a puzzle out and you have to resort to cheating, why even bother playing. Stop wasting your valuable time and go do your important things.

Last time I checked, gaming was a leisure activity done for fun, what's the rush??? Do you go to a movie and walk out 20 minutes before the end because you want to beat the crowd and the rush home?? Do you walk out of sporting events early to beat the traffic?? Is your life that busy and hectic that you can't take the time to actually enjoy games without cheating because it takes too long to figure it out on your own?? Or you just a numbskull who can't figure anything out and needs a guide book through life, and a life coach to help wipe your ass???

Maybe people don't enjoy being stuck? As you said "gaming was a leisure activity done for fun": Some people might define fun other than you? Who are you to judge? How is people looking up solutions to games different from you asking in other threads stuff you could've looked up yourself like download times for games?

KORVZON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KORVZON
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

f

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FanboyMcTroll

@ArchoNils2: Asking others is called communicating, talking, socializing, sure I could look it up, but I'm not a nerd who needs guide books, and on-line instructions to look things up on. Besides I'm just asking peoples opinions on something I'm planning on doing not looking up answers to cheat

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FanboyMcTroll

@GTR12: I'm 14 going through "Boy people are -removed by mod-" stage. The blind leading the blind

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I am already a worthless human being with a VIP first class ticket to Hell so why should I care if I cheat or not?

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FanboyMcTroll

@tryit: Don't you want a real challenge?? Just think how good you would feel if you figured out a puzzle, a riddle or a challenge without cheating and looking it up.

No greater feeling then saying I figured out that puzzle, when others couldn't

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@fanboymctroll said:

@tryit: Don't you want a real challenge?? Just think how good you would feel if you figured out a puzzle, a riddle or a challenge without cheating and looking it up.

No greater feeling then saying I figured out that puzzle, when others couldn't

no I like my life as I have created it

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'll do whatever the fucks I want to my games, a game that I paid $60 for. I have the right to look up for help and such.

Nobody tells me what to do, nobody!!!

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FanboyMcTroll

@davillain-: Ok be a sore loser, that can't handle any type of challenge in real life.

Marge, send in the next candidate for the job please, this guy can't handle challenges thrown at him, won't make a good employee

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

How about mods actually do their job and ban idiots like that right away?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaVillain  Moderator

@fanboymctroll: I paid $60 for my game, I'll do whatever I feel like :P

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts
@tryit said:

I am already a worthless human being with a VIP first class ticket to Hell so why should I care if I cheat or not?

LOL true. It's not like a crime or something. I mean what are the consequences looking at an official strategy guide or wiki page? A slap on the wrist?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'll do whatever the fucks I want to my games, a game that I paid $60 for. I have the right to look up for help and such.

Oh no, someone called you a sore loser on the internet, whatever will you do?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#37 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@fanboymctroll: Please tell me, sir, because I'm sitting in my parents' basement in nothing but a pair of Kirby socks and am stuck in a game. What do you suggest I do? I've tried everything, from combining rubber bands with a fire extinguisher, to even rubbing my nuts on the game disc and nothing seems to be working. What I do

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thereal25

@fanboymctroll said:

If it makes you feel any better, as a general rule I don't look up cheats/hints/guides/spoilers etc before playing.

BUT time is limited and I like my gaming time to be PRODUCTIVE.

... There have been many times (and not necessarily just in puzzle games) that I got stuck on one thing or another. So, going round and round in circles or using trial and error again and again is NOT my idea of fun...

... I game primarily to exercise my mind and I don't consider trial and error or covering the same part/area of a game dozens of times to be particularly cerebral.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@GTR12 said:
@davillain- said:

Oh no, someone called you a sore loser on the internet, whatever will you do?

Just troll'em and spread love to the internet XD

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#40  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@fanboymctroll: Game guides have been around for years and there's nothing wrong with using them. What's your issue here?

As someone else mentioned, I don't have the time I used to have available to play games so I want that time to be productive with forward progression. I mostly use strategies or look up answers when playing on the hardest difficulty allotted by the game and I'm dumb stuck, which I always play all games on hard. Some I make it through on my own wit. Others I don't and I will look up how to get through. No matter what, I'm the one that has to play through the game and it's not like someone is being handed the controller and doing it for me.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#41 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

This is how I feel about people who pirate software.