Cheap looking PS2 games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#1 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

So I'm looking for some good, "cheap" looking games dor the PS2, by cheap I don't mean "this looks like the N64/PS1", I mean PS2 graphics but just having a simply cheap look. Two examples are: Raw Danger and R.A.D (Robot Alchemic Drive). Both those games have a VERY similar "cheapness" look to them, that for some reason I love, and I want more gmes that look and sound (emotionless voice acting in both games, but it's always welcome in these 2 cases) like these. No matter what genre (just not cars nor sports).

It's much easier to understand what I mean by "cheapness" if you watch both videos and see what they have visually in common.

Raw Danger www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2G_yLlBq14

R.A.D http://youtu.be/5HXsIK5noBU

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

gta 3. midnight club 1, midnight club 2,

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I am still a little bit confused :P. Can they be games that I found enjoyable, but got pretty bad reviews? either way, I will do two categories to help you. Cheap looking games that got poor reviews that I loved playing The Great Escape (I actually got this on the Xbox 360 as it is backwards compatible, but I found it to be fun!) but maybe you need to have watched the film, love WWII games or love stealthy games to appreciate it though. I don't think that it's anything AMAZING by any means, but it is a really fun game. Is very cheap anyway. WWE Crush Hour - Another one with bad reviews, but I found enjoyment out of it... but that may partly be because I am a WWE fan. To be honest, I don't see why it got so much bad reviews, because it's still a great fun car combat game! maybe it was because of the gimmicky matches that are based off real matches? such as Royal Rumble. Take a look at it, you may be surprised when you play it :). Speaking of which, I want to play this again now... haven't played it for a few years. Tony Hawk's series. Any and all of these are great fun on the PS2. My favourite being Underground, but I also love Tony Hawk's 3 and 4 a lot. Great fun... great soundtrack too! just over the top fun! I may post more later :)
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dudersaper
BigM: I've played GTA3 already :P And I'm not a fan of the Midnight Club series. Thanks for the suggestions though :D Ashley: I've heard of The Great Escape a few times, just checked some pics, looks like something I'd like, both visually and in gameplay :D WWE Crush Hour, I never even heard of it at all, looks somewhat interesting, and me being a WWE fan, I might just check it out :P Tony Hawk games, Underground is also my favourite :P Thanks for the suggestions :D
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ashley_wwe
Ashley: I've heard of The Great Escape a few times, just checked some pics, looks like something I'd like, both visually and in gameplay :D WWE Crush Hour, I never even heard of it at all, looks somewhat interesting, and me being a WWE fan, I might just check it out :P Tony Hawk games, Underground is also my favourite :P Thanks for the suggestions :DDudersaper
You should try The Great Escape out then :D. If you don't like it, at least it's really cheap :). With WWE Crush Hour, just think of Twisted Metal with WWE :P. It did get bad reviews, but I really don't see why. I would give it at least a 7 or 7.5 (I can't remember what I gave it on here) TH: Underground is a really good game :). Ooh by the way, why not try out BloodRayne? tremendous fun :D You're welcome by the way :)
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

This is an unusual request. But here is my suggestion:

Tales of Legendia: An RPG with a great story and great humor. And the most beutiful music I have ever heard in gaming. The graphics are also very cheap looking. It has some very high quality anime cutscenes, (The picture in my sig is from the into to the game actually) but these are rare.

whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts

If you love Raw Danger, you'll go head over heels for Disaster Report.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dudersaper

You should try The Great Escape out then :D. If you don't like it, at least it's really cheap :). With WWE Crush Hour, just think of Twisted Metal with WWE :P. It did get bad reviews, but I really don't see why. I would give it at least a 7 or 7.5 (I can't remember what I gave it on here)Ashley_wwe
Well as long as it's almost as fun as Twisted Metal, I'm sure I could like it. And the fact my favourite WWE superstars would be the drivers, would add some more "gusto" to it :P

EDIT: Oh and I've finished BloodRayne, never got to playing the second though :P

This is an unusual request. But here is my suggestion:

Tales of Legendia: An RPG with a great story and great humor. And the most beutiful music I have ever heard in gaming. The graphics are also very cheap looking. It has some very high quality anime cutscenes, (The picture in my sig is from the into to the game actually) but these are rare.lazyathew

Yeah I know it's a quite unsusual request but I like when games look like that :P

Does Tales of Legendia play similar to Tales of the Abyss? I've played that one a bit before and I remember liking the gameplay.

If you love Raw Danger, you'll go head over heels for Disaster Report.

whisperingmute

I've been looking for this for so long, I can't find anyway that sells it AND ships to Portugal.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Well as long as it's almost as fun as Twisted Metal, I'm sure I could like it. And the fact my favourite WWE superstars would be the drivers, would add some more "gusto" to it :P EDIT: Oh and I've finished BloodRayne, never got to playing the second though :P

Heh, yeah :) I think that it is a fun game, and each Superstars car is relevant to their real life counterparts, for example - the Big Show's (may be a truck? can't remember) is a really heavy vehicle, but is powerful (from what I remember). Dudeee, I just have to play this VERY soon now! :P Some Superstars that I remember being in the game include Big Show, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Triple H, Trish Stratus, Lita, Booker T, The Undertaker, Kane... basically the 2003 era :P Ooh right, same here! well, except for finishing it... I couldn't beat the very last boss in the game, I ran out of health and stuff... they didn't respawn :( but I am going to play it again sometime soon and get BloodRayne 2 (I never got this one because for some reason I couldn't find it released in the UK back in the day, but I know it is now). Got another game for you as well - the Driver series! you will have already heard of this and it goes back to the PS1, but if you haven't played it, you will probably love it :D. DRIV3R is another game that I feel was so underrated! the missions were really hard but I feel that it adds to the game (I admit I used to hate them because they were so hard, but it's one thing that I also love about it now). The only thing with the game is that the movement outside of the car feels and looks weird, and it doesn't really feel like a game that you should be shooting in on foot, but it's there and it's an old game, and I think that overall it's a great game :D. It does look pretty cheap, but! the cutscenes look fantastic. It's like a mix between the two :P. Parallel Lines is also a good game, but I prefer DRIV3R out of the two, mainly because of the story and the city, but Parallel Lines is great as well, since it's two different timelines for the same guy! so you get old cars and old fashion, city etc. in the 70s, and then you come to present day (I think it's 2006?) :D.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Does Tales of Legendia play similar to Tales of the Abyss? I've played that one a bit before and I remember liking the gameplay.

Dudersaper

Similer yeah. Though in Legendia the battles are completely linear. As in you can only move in 2 directions, unlike Abyss where you can move all over the place. And the battles are random. So I think Abyss is more fun, but Legendia is good too.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dudersaper
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"] Heh, yeah :) I think that it is a fun game, and each Superstars car is relevant to their real life counterparts, for example - the Big Show's (may be a truck? can't remember) is a really heavy vehicle, but is powerful (from what I remember). Dudeee, I just have to play this VERY soon now! :P Some Superstars that I remember being in the game include Big Show, The Rock, Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Triple H, Trish Stratus, Lita, Booker T, The Undertaker, Kane... basically the 2003 era :P Got another game for you as well - the Driver series! you will have already heard of this and it goes back to the PS1, but if you haven't played it, you will probably love it :D. DRIV3R is another game that I feel was so underrated! the missions were really hard but I feel that it adds to the game (I admit I used to hate them because they were so hard, but it's one thing that I also love about it now). The only thing with the game is that the movement outside of the car feels and looks weird, and it doesn't really feel like a game that you should be shooting in on foot, but it's there and it's an old game, and I think that overall it's a great game :D. It does look pretty cheap, but! the cutscenes look fantastic. It's like a mix between the two :P. Parallel Lines is also a good game, but I prefer DRIV3R out of the two, mainly because of the story and the city, but Parallel Lines is great as well, since it's two different timelines for the same guy! so you get old cars and old fashion, city etc. in the 70s, and then you come to present day (I think it's 2006?) :D.

Well around 2002-2007 is my favourite WWE era :D So that's good news. And about Driver, I've played the demo of Parallel Lines and yeah, I agree it feels pretty wierd on foot. But this whole "two timelines" thing, I didn't know of this, sounds interesting. I might just give it a try :D

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]

lazyathew

Similer yeah. Though in Legendia the battles are completely linear. As in you can only move in 2 directions, unlike Abyss where you can move all over the place. And the battles are random. So I think Abyss is more fun, but Legendia is good too.

Ah, then I'll make sure I check it out :D Thanks.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Well around 2002-2007 is my favourite WWE era :D So that's good news. And about Driver, I've played the demo of Parallel Lines and yeah, I agree it feels pretty wierd on foot. But this whole "two timelines" thing, I didn't know of this, sounds interesting. I might just give it a try :D

Yeah, I actually feel that Driver is a little underrated, regardless of the name being known by pretty much every gamer... well, maybe not so much the casual gamers today, since Driver is kind of under the radar these days... but at the same time, it's not... weird feeling :P. Basically it's not as popular as it could be these days. About the two timelines thing in Driver: Parallel Lines, here is the basic backstory that you hear about the game (so no spoilers :)). The guy is just a driver for any job that needs it (from what I remember), and this obviously includes illegal stuff going on. Then he gets arrested and put in jail for many years, and he comes back out for revenge, hoping to get back at the guy who got him arrested in the first place. At least I think that's what happens, it's been a while since I played that one :). But yeah that's the basicness of it. Don't let the reviews of DRIV3R put you off either, seriously I think it's great :). You may feel a little disappointed at first, but keep playing. You may get hooked! even if you don't like it, the free roam should be fun either way :D. Driver 1 and 2 are also great games, but I never finished them to this date as I always had trouble with them, they're hard. San Francisco that came out in September is a great game as well, but WAY too easy. I only got stuck maybe once or twice in the entire game (including all side missions). But still great fun, and the online stuff is fun too, including free roam :D
Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dudersaper

Well good news, I just ordered Driver Parallel Lines and Tales of Legendia from a Portuguese game site, I couldn't find The Great Escape nor the WWE one though :( On a side note, I also ordered the second FMA game. :P

EDIT: Oh and Stubbs The Zombie for the XBox, forgot to mention.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ashley_wwe
[QUOTE="Dudersaper"]Well good news, I just ordered Driver Parallel Lines and Tales of Legendia from a Portuguese game site, I couldn't find The Great Escape nor the WWE one though :( On a side note, I also ordered the second FMA game. :P EDIT: Oh and Stubbs The Zombie for the XBox, forgot to mention.

Awesome! have fun with them! :D but it's a shame that you couldn't find WWE Crush Hour or The Great Escape though :( have you tried eBay? Never played Stubbs, might have to look in to that myself :).