cheap last gen gaming anyone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
Anybody buying last generation games to play on current gen systems?
I think its a great way for people to get awesome games for less than $10. Current generation games are good and all, but when your low on cash and you want something else to play, why not buy these older games? Sure the graphics might not be as great anymore, but the games are still fun, and go a long way when you are waiting for that $60 X360 or PS3 title to come out.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Do Vc games count? First gen games on current Gen. consoles.
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpootyHead
Do Vc games count? First gen games on current Gen. consoles.Travo_basic

Well sorta, but I'm talking about like GC, XB, and PS2 games.
toment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 toment
Member since 2005 • 8396 Posts
It's what I've been doing since the 360 came out (and officially started *this gen*). I'm running out of PS2 games to play so I'm thinking about buying a 360. Already have a Wii.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Constantly buying and playing PS2 games now that all the games are so cheap! Shadow of the Colossus and God of War were $20 each new, I also got Godhand (haven't played it yet though) and Dragonball Z: Budokai 3. Going to tackle some of the FF games I never played.

I have had a PS2 for a few years, but I've been a huge PC gamer so never played it all that much. Now I'm making up for it :)

SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpootyHead
My PS2 is an old 2nd wave system. A friend wanted to buy it so I stopped buying games for it.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
I don't play past gen games on next gen consoles. I recently purchased old gen console to play old gen games. It's even cheaper:P
Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

I'm still rocking the PS2, I see no reason to go next gen yet when there are so many good games out there that I haven't played.

I even bought good ol' Grandia (PS) about a month ago.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Ya this gen sucks so far, expensive crap games. In my PS3 i've got Dark Cloud in it (ps2) and x360 i have Halo in it (which looks even smoother on the x360)

I'm mostly stacking up on old PS2 games lately, you can get brand new sealed ones off ebay for less than 20 bucks usually, its sweet. I got Dark Cloud 1, Dark Cloud 2, Shadow Hearts 1-3, God of War 1-2, Xenosaga 1-3, and Kindom Hearts 2... all for less than the cost of 2 next gen games. I have more on the way from Amazon.ca, they are so cheap!

strat505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 strat505
Member since 2006 • 1252 Posts

I'm still rocking the PS2, I see no reason to go next gen yet when there are so many good games out there that I haven't played.

Doomshine

amen:)

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts
Yep! I still have loads of retro games to play. I recently bought Fable, Ikaruga and Raiden III.
ymi_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ymi_basic
Member since 2002 • 3685 Posts
[QUOTE="Doomshine"]

strat505

amen:)

100% agree.

Going next-gen right now means you get to chose between a console that will likely break down (under warranty, woot!), one that might be more reliable but it has very few decent games, and one whose reason for existence could have been made irrelevant by a $50 peripheral device.

I don't see why anyone would go next-gen yet unless they've already played every decent PS2, xbox, and gc game... and those who havemight wantto consider a change of lifestyle.

Myviewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 Myviewing
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts
I do a bit of both really. This generation of gaming isn't exactly the golden age many might have in mind, but I personally think thatthere aresome games worth playing. As a sidenote, I'm alsodoing last-last gen gaming by playing PS1 and N64 games. I'm playing Xenogears right now and plan on getting Front Mission 3 or Castlevania: SOTN after that. I've also managed to beat Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time a while ago, I know that sounds like a small feat but I could never do it as a child. Now that I have, I'll be finding a copy of Majora's Mask as well.
Avatar image for Gamertag-Alidha
Gamertag-Alidha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gamertag-Alidha
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
I have a 360 and an Xbox and am planning to take the Xbox to the house I work at along with all its games that way I have a reason to play it.