CDPR presents: Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay for the first time!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Taken from GS: (Work in progress)

I think it looks amazing. I can't wait to see the final build of the world of Cyberpun 2077. Definitely shares similarities of Deus-Ex gameplay in a Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell world which is good, because I'm a sci-fi fan.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11663 Posts

We could really do with a Deus Ex successor, while Human Revolutions was pretty good in my view. Avoided Mankind Divided because I've read Square pulled them to release and took out a ton of content. Eidos Montréal overall wasn't happy with the released product, and even compared it to the development of Thief (reboot).

The Witcher 3 wasn't my kind of game honestly, and that's all I'll state on that (commonly worded my peace). Yet could really do with more dark futuristic alleys filled with cyborgs selling implants, and no-kill possibilities. Ghost in the Shell? Indeed!

And I don't need to worry about CDPR being pushed around by a publisher.

So for all the above reasons; Cyberpunk 2077 is a game for me to keep an eye-on. I'm hoping for the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Is it crazy to say that I'm not impressed by the graphics? the way the media was talking about it like it had next gen graphics but it doesn't. Regardless I can't wait to play I love the setting of the game and it looks like it's going to have alot of variety also the gameplay looks pretty sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I don't know much about Deus Ex series except I saw the gameplays videos of the Dues Ex recent game. Same with Blade Runner series and Ghost in the shell. Only know the basics. I know that ghost in the shell is an anime. So, I nothing to compare with. This whole game is a fresh take on me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It definitely gives some strong DE vibes, but its openness is welcomed. Always felt a bit too constrained in DE.

Weapon design is crazy good and combat seems good too. Loved the general art direction.

I think people were expecting them to reinvent the wheal. But that's kind of being naive, it doesn't make sense to expect a huge generational leap, such thing doesn't exist. But watching the video I really don't know of any open world game that is at this level right now. Plus if the game was running on a i7 8700/1080ti/32gb RAM PC at 1080p, this shows that there's plenty of work to be done and that probably the game will release only with the next gen of consoles.

It appears to me that will be the first modern immersive sim to not have its scope constrained by technology.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Loading Video...

Finally in 4k on their official channel.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

48 minutes? Screw that. By the way, first person doesn't maximize my immersion, CDPR, it lessens it. Then again, all their third person games controlled poorly, so whatever.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

Looks awesome. I’m very hyped for this game, can’t wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Certainly a current gen title, not interested anyway.

Boruto4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Boruto4
Member since 2018 • 28 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Certainly a current gen title, not interested anyway.

I feel the same way

Steelworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Steelworm
Member since 2018 • 31 Posts

Woah, it looks like a combination of Blade Runner 2049, Deus Ex and GTA 5.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@phbz said:

I think people were expecting them to reinvent the wheal. But that's kind of being naive, it doesn't make sense to expect a huge generational leap, such thing doesn't exist. But watching the video I really don't know of any open world game that is at this level right now. Plus if the game was running on a i7 8700/1080ti/32gb RAM PC at 1080p, this shows that there's plenty of work to be done and that probably the game will release only with the next gen of consoles.

Consider how many PC gamers have specs anywhere near that and consoles don't even come close. It simply doesn't make sense to design a game for a fraction a population when this is likely costing them upwards of 9 digits to develop.

To the game, I'm curious how dense the open world will be. I know they have a lot of "mega buildings" that are essentially indoor open worlds, but when they take the demo out on the streets, I'm wondering if that was an example of normal density or if that was their version of Times Square. Some of the driving scenes take us out to rather sparse areas and it's hard to get a sense of just what to expect. It's clearly more of a futuristic GTA city rather than Deus Ex, which was a series of connected hubs with scenic skyboxes rather than a continuous world.

I'm also dubious about "ripple effects." It makes a great bullet point, but usually fails to live up to its billing. It's just hard to script that sort of thing in a substantial way. Most games that do a good job of it (take the original Way of the Samurai as an example) are very "short" because instead of one long game they've created six or seven very short scenarios that run parallel. So typically companies like BioWare and TellTale "zero-out" consequences so the ripples don't go very far (ever notice in a TellTale game when you have the option of choosing one character over another, it's not long before the character you chose dies or exits the story, too?). I'm sure we will see Deus Ex style mission paths, the question is just how much those choices will continue to ripple back onto the player once the mission is done. Consequence is the heart of role playing, not levels, yet so few RPG devs get this.

And whenever I see weapon rarities (Vi picks up an epic rifle during the demo), I worry about bullet sponge issues. Obviously the demo was clean, but let's see if the final game is as fluid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Ish_basic: I made a mistake, the source file is 4K. Anyway, the specs used are not indicative of the final version, the game is said to be quite unfinished yet and optimization should come by the end. Just like console dev kits are more powerful than the end hardware. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Witcher 3 had significant changes based on your actions. Even the Witcher 2 had that. So I think this developer has a good track record on that and it makes sense to expect them to push that even further. But again, I'm being rational about this, I expect them to show improvement not to reinvent the wheel.

As for the enemies being "damage" sponges, that's basically the nature of RPGs since D&D times. And speaking of D&D if course levels are also a core mechanic.

IronBrigador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IronBrigador
Member since 2018 • 113 Posts

I think this is going to be the best realised future-retro Cyberpunk game universe ever.

But I really do miss the Deus Ex settings and I'm upset that they are not making the third sequel.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

I saw the video & it was okay (way overhype by gaming industry & community). It has Deus Ex (loved Human Revolution, but just got started on Mankind Divided) & Ghost In The Shell type of vibe. If the game's anything like "The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt", its an automatic skip for me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

I'm super pumped for this. I love these types of games.

I need to temper my pumptedness so as not to succumb to over-hype syndrome.

(I actually haven't watched the video. I like to ignore this type of stuff and go in blind)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

(I actually haven't watched the video. I like to ignore this type of stuff and go in blind)

while you guys are hyper pumped about this game I have been hyper pumped about a different game. more pumped about a game then I have been for about 4 years in fact. its been hella fun and clearly I keep talking about it. Green Hell...is...frigggin...awesome

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

We could really do with a Deus Ex successor, while Human Revolutions was pretty good in my view. Avoided Mankind Divided because I've read Square pulled them to release and took out a ton of content. Eidos Montréal overall wasn't happy with the released product, and even compared it to the development of Thief (reboot).

The Witcher 3 wasn't my kind of game honestly, and that's all I'll state on that (commonly worded my peace). Yet could really do with more dark futuristic alleys filled with cyborgs selling implants, and no-kill possibilities. Ghost in the Shell? Indeed!

And I don't need to worry about CDPR being pushed around by a publisher.

So for all the above reasons; Cyberpunk 2077 is a game for me to keep an eye-on. I'm hoping for the best.

While Witcher 3 is my personal GOTY for this gen (my opinion) I can understand why you didn't enjoy it, it's cool and at least you "tried" it. I also enjoy Human Revolutions, it was a cool game, but I couldn't finish Mankind Divided.

@watercrack445 said:

I don't know much about Deus Ex series except I saw the gameplays videos of the Dues Ex recent game. Same with Blade Runner series and Ghost in the shell. Only know the basics. I know that ghost in the shell is an anime. So, I nothing to compare with. This whole game is a fresh take on me.

Go watch Blade Runner & Ghost in the Shell if you love sci-fi settings.

@steelworm said:

Woah, it looks like a combination of Blade Runner 2049, Deus Ex and GTA 5.

Indeed. It's why I'm totally hype and I haven't been hype for a game like this for a very long time.

@pyro1245 said:

Nothing's really spoiling it. This is just an example what to expect and everything in that vid is subject to change.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@davillain-:

Looks alot like Deus Ex in a good way but is there a 3rd person view option?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@davillain-:

Sorry, no 3rd-person view for Cyberpunk 2077. CDPR stated 3rd-person wouldn't even work in this game at all for the immersion they vision and so with that, first-person-view is the true nature of this game.

If 3rd-person isn't implemented, then it "might" be modded in eventually on the PC version only.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TryIt

@davillain- said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@davillain-:

Sorry, no 3rd-person view for Cyberpunk 2077. CDPR stated 3rd-person wouldn't even work in this game at all for the immersion they vision and so with that, first-person-view is the true nature of this game.

If 3rd-person isn't implemented, then it "might" be modded in eventually on the PC version only.

that sounds like such a lame reason on their part

but whatever 'not even possible' 'with the vision we have of this game'

ok well at least I can do it in Skyrim if I wanted to

MisterVulpes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MisterVulpes
Member since 2018 • 797 Posts

@tryit: I think you can do it in Minecraft too.

Enjoy.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt

@mistervulpes said:

@tryit: I think you can do it in Minecraft too.

Enjoy.

yeah I can see the comparison between Skyrim and Minecraft

but at least both of them are creating the game exactly as it should be becasue they feel like each design choice is a good choice so therefore it is a good choice

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

@tryit said:

I would rather have one properly implemented perspective than two shitty ones like in the TES games, thanks.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TryIt

@rmpumper said:
@tryit said:

I would rather have one properly implemented perspective than two shitty ones like in the TES games, thanks.

oh..so the logic I was told is NOT true.

I was told that if a developer does something then its their choice and because its their choice that means its a good choice.

Really what they meant to say was that said logic only applies to some developers...right?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

@tryit: Games with a lot of indoors action always sucked in 3rd person perspective so it makes all the sense in the fucking universe to make if an FPS. Don't like it, don't play it, but the vast majority of people are happy with it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt

@rmpumper said:

@tryit: Games with a lot of indoors action always sucked in 3rd person perspective so it makes all the sense in the fucking universe to make if an FPS. Don't like it, don't play it, but the vast majority of people are happy with it.

I dont plan to play it but for different reasons then that.

but again has I have said in this thread many times, its giving the player a CHOICE. which is a design philosophy I more agree with then not. The other option doesnt have to be good to be an OPTION.

Some of my favorite games ever do not have that option, but I still think they should.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The game looks fantastic. I really like the world and how cyberpunk and realistic it looks. Seems like an open world Deus Ex which is GOTY material imo. Personally, I prefer the first person perspective as I agree it facilitates immersion. Character build and combat also look really cool. The only drawback I can point is that it doesn't look as next-gen as the media made it out to be, at least in this development state.