deactivated-6441e3287c30b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By deactivated-6441e3287c30b
Member since 2022 • 16 Posts

It took me hours but I finally completed Cave Story with the best ending. I didn't know about it over a decade ago when I first played the game but I am glad that I learned there was another ending and how to achieve it. I'm glad I finally completed the ending after all this time (and without the extra life item at the end). I think the time and anxiety were worth seeing the ending all the way through because I'll never forget completing the game back then yet still wish it was different for some characters. Now I can finally feel confident that I have completed Cave Story completely (though I will still try out the unlocked challenges).

P.S. Why is one challenge still locked?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

P.S. Why is one challenge still locked?

Playing the + version?

Curly Mode is unlocked by getting her panties. Challenge 1 is also unlocked this way.

3 and 4 are through best ending.

And the 5th Challenge is unlocked by acquiring the Nemesis.

For more information here is the fan wiki

Congratulations at anycase, Cave Story is fairly challenging, yet still a fun video game that's easy to recommend.

Avatar image for deactivated-6441e3287c30b
deactivated-6441e3287c30b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By deactivated-6441e3287c30b
Member since 2022 • 16 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I did play the + version (the soundtrack upgrades are amazing) and yes, I know about the Curly Mode. The ending of the game was satisfying (my only regret was not getting a screenshot of the trio (Quote, Curly, and Balrog) flying off into the unknown. Also, I did learn about the 5th challenge and that I did miss the Nemesis. Although the last level was one of the most difficult gaming experiences I've had (especially since I wasted the Life Jar before this final level), I enjoyed completing the game with the best ending. Also, I just got through Boss Rush Mode (glad I saved the life jar for Ballos this time).

P.S. Was it okay to post the blog in the "Games Discussion" or should I have put it in "Retro Gaming?"

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts
@traviscii said:

@RSM-HQ:

P.S. Was it okay to post the blog in the "Games Discussion" or should I have put it in "Retro Gaming?"

So long as it's game related it's fine from my understanding. A few people post blogs here. CS+ is also on Switch so the port can be considered a more modern game, its last remaster was 2017. And people on the forum bring up far older titles.

Naturally have a bias for Cave Story as it deserves much praise, so I love any mention or reaction to the game.