Castlevania LoS 2 scores a 7.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

7 on Gamespot. http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review/1900-6415677/

6.5 IGN http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-review

69 on Metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2

User scores are a lot higher on all sites it seems.

I enjoyed the first and looking forward to this game. Might get it next week.

Really weary about the modern setting and some"stealth sections".

Thoughts? Anyone going to grab the game or just wait until it drops in price?

I'm getting this or Thief and LoS 2 seems to blow Thief out of the water from a distance.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Still waiting for a real Castlevania game. Lords of Shadow was a decent diversion, but it didn't need the Castlevania name at all. Mirror of Fate was terrible all around, and Lords 2 looks like a messy mish mash that is not as well executed as the first game was. I think the modern setting was also a mistake. The first game made it clear Mercury Steam has a talent for game world creation, but the modern sections look bland and boring in comparison to the heavily detailed wonders of the first game.

I'm still pining for a super high resolution sprite based 2D game depicting the battle of 1999, starring Julius Belmont.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bowchicka07

@Randolph: Reading all that makes me want to play SoTN.. I liked LoS a lot but not compared to Castlevania like you mentioned. It deserved its own working title.

Mrod1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Mrod1212
Member since 2009 • 1165 Posts

I will be picking up my copy later today. This was a much needed reboot for a franchise that was getting too stale and I haven't been excited for a CV game in a long time.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The previous two LoS games were okay. NOt as good as most other Castlevania for me but enjoyable nonetheless.

The 7 score seems like it would be right. I'm thinking LoS2 will be better than it's previous entries and be more of a "good" game and not just an "okay" one, but I'm not really expecting greatness from it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bowchicka07

@Mrod1212: Let us know what you think... compared to the first one.

@DJ-Lafleur... What was the game before LoS?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

This "Modern Setting" is almost crap in every game !

According to reviews, the stealth segments n modern settings haven't been a good addition , seriously this games doesn't need any stealth whatsoever ! dunno what the hell they were thinking by adding this asinine rats as a stealth mechanism ...Aside form these negative aspects , i think it's worth a shot ........

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

*possible spoiler*

the story was a bit out of place but it was refreshing to hear and even see a few familiar names and faces from the series, the forced stealth areas tho damn near ruined the game imo, they were unnecessary and dulled the pace of the action making you want to stop playing, did for me anyway, some games need a few stealth areas to keep things fresh but Castlevania isn't one of them, huge mistake on the devs part for implementing that as it didn't even try to make sense.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

I was referring to Lords of Shadow and the 3DS game Mirrors of Fate (which also got an HD remake on PS3 and 360).

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bowchicka07

@DJ-Lafleur said:

@bowchicka07 said:

I was referring to Lords of Shadow and the 3DS game Mirrors of Fate (which also got an HD remake on PS3 and 360).

TYVM I need to check that out!