Castlevania LoI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadownheroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadownheroJoe
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
Should I get it on PS2? I'm kinda skeptical because it's 3D
ShadownheroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShadownheroJoe
Should I get it on PS2? I'm kinda skeptical because it's 3D
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
Kol? I know of Lament of Innocense and Curse of Darkness for the PS2, is there a 3rd one I missed?
ShadownheroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShadownheroJoe
Kol? I know of Lament of Innocense and Curse of Darkness for the PS2, is there a 3rd one I missed?Mike1978Smith
Sry Lament Of Innocence x_x
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mike1978Smith

Ah, ok. Yeah, I enjoyed that one. It's cool, because it's an origin story, how it all got started, etc. It's not awesome like SotN or anything, but still worth playing.

Curse of Darkness, however.... yuck.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#7 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts
LOI is fantastic. The best 3D Castlevania there is, well worth picking up.
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Castlevania 2D= Amazing.

Castlevania 3D= Not so amazing.

If you have the ability to play Symphony of the Night, I highly recommend you pick it up. Look, the 3D games are fine and all, but they have issues and just aren't as high of quality as most of the 2D games. Also, if you have a Gameboy Advance or DS, I highly recommend all 3 of those titles. Circle of the Moon is a personal favorite.

Rexlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Rexlan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Castlevania 2D= Amazing.

If you have the ability to play Symphony of the Night, I highly recommend you pick it up. Look, the 3D games are fine and all, but they have issues and just aren't as high of quality as most of the 2D games. Also, if you have a Gameboy Advance or DS, I highly recommend all 3 of those titles. Circle of the Moon is a personal favorite.

starfox15

Agreed.

Though I definitely preferred Harmony of Dissonance to CoTM. And Aria of Sorrow was pretty awesome too even though it somewhat deviated from the standard Castlevania formula.

I liked Symphony of the Night but unfortunately it was one of those games that I played through once or twice and never really touched it again. I still recommend it though either on PS1 or through Xbox Live. Definitely worth it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I didn't think Curse of Darkness was that bad. I'm still working through it, but the Innocent Devil system is kind of cool.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#11 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Castlevania 2D= Amazing.

starfox15
I actually disagree. I like the 2D games alot, but I would have put LOI on par with them myself easily. (Not COD though).
valmonte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 valmonte
Member since 2005 • 736 Posts
[QUOTE="starfox15"]

Castlevania 2D= Amazing.

Rexlan

Agreed.

Though I definitely preferred Harmony of Dissonance to CoTM. And Aria of Sorrow was pretty awesome too even though it somewhat deviated from the standard Castlevania formula.

I liked Symphony of the Night but unfortunately it was one of those games that I played through once or twice and never really touched it again. I still recommend it though either on PS1 or through Xbox Live. Definitely worth it.

Actually, I'm playing Harmony of Dissonance as we speak. It was that two pack Harmony and Aria cart. I bought it for Aria, but just now got around to HoD. Not sure what to say... it's... it's a castlevania game, alright. *laugh* Doesn't have much to set it apart though aside from the spellbooks.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

its the beginning of castlevania adventure and its good, fun game but its so easy. Curse of Darkness is nice too but its so much easier that you dont die in the whole game unless you enter the second tower with low level. CoD is deeep with customization and fighting styles but enemies are not rich and the environment is so big that makes you get bored because all designs are the same.

both of them are good but LoI > CoD

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

LOI is fantastic. The best 3D Castlevania there is, well worth picking up.AzelKosMos

Agreed.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 muthsera666

I've noticed that a lot of people didn't like Curse of Darkness. Out of curiosity, why is that?

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mike1978Smith

I've noticed that a lot of people didn't like Curse of Darkness. Out of curiosity, why is that?

muthsera666

The world is too bland to be so big and the whole pokemon element kinda derailed the whole thing for me.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]

Mike1978Smith

The world is too bland to be so big and the whole pokemon element kinda derailed the whole thing for me.

Pokemon?

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mike1978Smith
[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"][QUOTE="muthsera666"]

muthsera666

Pokemon?

Yeah, the whole "raise demons and get them to evolve" aspect. I'm not a fan of that type of game play, and it's really not something that I feel really belongs in a Castlevania game. Good concept, but it just didn't work for me.

And before you go and cite Symphony of the Night (the best Castlevania) as having a similar system with the familiars, I will state that the two are very different. In SotN, the familiars are simply bonus elements and not integral to the game play. You can play through the entire game without ever having a familiar out and do just fine. Plus you didn't have to command the familiars at all. You simply turned them on and that was it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"][QUOTE="muthsera666"]

Mike1978Smith

Pokemon?

Yeah, the whole "raise demons and get them to evolve" aspect. I'm not a fan of that type of game play, and it's really not something that I feel really belongs in a Castlevania game. Good concept, but it just didn't work for me.

And before you go and cite Symphony of the Night (the best Castlevania) as having a similar system with the familiars, I will state that the two are very different. In SotN, the familiars are simply bonus elements and not integral to the game play. You can play through the entire game without ever having a familiar out and do just fine. Plus you didn't have to command the familiars at all. You simply turned them on and that was it.

I'd never played Pokemon, so I didn't catch the reference. I kind of liked it, because it made the combat somewhat strategic.

I wasn't going to refer to SotN. I've never played it.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mike1978Smith

muthsera666

Oh man... you are missing out on the greatest Castlevania ever! Seriously! You should pick it up if you get the chance, it's a classic... no, a legend!

It's a PSone game, but it's also unlockable in Chronicles for the PSP and I believe you can get it as a download on Xbox.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]

Mike1978Smith

Oh man... you are missing out on the greatest Castlevania ever! Seriously! You should pick it up if you get the chance, it's a classic... no, a legend!

It's a PSone game, but it's also unlockable in Chronicles for the PSP and I believe you can get it as a download on Xbox.

Don't have a PSP.

Don't have an Xbox with download capabilities.

I have a PS, I suppose, but I never use it or think of it...