capcom should make Compilation beat up games in hd

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 B-boy
Member since 2002 • 1965 Posts
game like final fight cadillac and dinosaurs alien vs predator dragon and dungeons the punisher knight roud table
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

It would be very problematic due to the licensing issues in the first place.

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

It would be very problematic due to the licensing issues in the first place.

Panzer_Zwei
but it might be fun, or terrible
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Well, Capcom just did Final Fight Double Impact on the PS3 and 360, which came with Final Fight and Magic Sword. Though neither was completely redone in HD, but rather they just added some graphical filters and online play.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Either that, or Capcom could make an original game instead of whoring their great franchises and games.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Either that, or Capcom could make an original game instead of whoring their great franchises and games. savebattery

I actually give Capcom some credit for breathing some new life into their established franchises. Nobody can argue that Street Fighter IV and the new Mega Man downloadable titles haven't been high quality. Now that they've re-released Final Fight as DLC, they may be looking at another entry in that series as well.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Well, Capcom just did Final Fight Double Impact on the PS3 and 360, which came with Final Fight and Magic Sword. Though neither was completely redone in HD, but rather they just added some graphical filters and online play.

jt4mtb
um ok, but 2 games is no where near a compilation of beat-em up's as tc is referring to.. i agree TC, i would love to see all of capcoms heavy hitter beat em up (and boy do,they have good one!) all on one disc.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts

[QUOTE="savebattery"]Either that, or Capcom could make an original game instead of whoring their great franchises and games. djsundowner

I actually give Capcom some credit for breathing some new life into their established franchises. Nobody can argue that Street Fighter IV and the new Mega Man downloadable titles haven't been high quality. Now that they've re-released Final Fight as DLC, they may be looking at another entry in that series as well.

Street Fighter IV was awful compared to Third Strike, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and the entire Alpha series. Not to mention the debacles that were the Dead Rising Wii Port and the 50th port this week of Resident Evil 4.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djsundowner

[QUOTE="djsundowner"]

[QUOTE="savebattery"]Either that, or Capcom could make an original game instead of whoring their great franchises and games. savebattery

Street Fighter IV was awful compared to Third Strike, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and the entire Alpha series. Not to mention the debacles that were the Dead Rising Wii Port and the 50th port this week of Resident Evil 4.

Oh, there's no doubt some of their stuff has just been a cash grab, and I can't say I blame them if people are willing to shell out the money for them, but they have created successful new IPs this generation (Dead Rising, Lost Planet) and whatever you think about SFIV, it has revitalized the fighting game scene more than 3rd strike or the Alpha games could have dreamed of doing. You've got to sell your Resident Evils, Devil May Crys, and Street Fighters to keep the cash flow coming in that makes them more comfortable with taking risks on unproven names.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="djsundowner"]

djsundowner

Oh, there's no doubt some of their stuff has just been a cash grab, and I can't say I blame them if people are willing to shell out the money for them, but they have created successful new IPs this generation (Dead Rising, Lost Planet) and whatever you think about SFIV, it has revitalized the fighting game scene more than 3rd strike or the Alpha games could have dreamed of doing. You've got to sell your Resident Evils, Devil May Crys, and Street Fighters to keep the cash flow coming in that makes them more comfortable with taking risks on unproven names.

How so? Street Fighter III and the Alpha games were far more popular, specially on the arcades. They also came at a time when the genre was very strong and didn't need to be revitalized to begin with.

djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djsundowner

I may have spoken (typed?) out of turn: you're right, those releases kept fighting game enthusiasts happy, but SFIV gave the genre the mass appealit hadn't had since the SNES/Genesis (or Mega Drive) days(relatively speaking, of course. Nobody's comparing fighters to FPS these days). There's always going to be those who think the earlier iterations of storied franchises are superior to the current model.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
game like final fight cadillac and dinosaurs alien vs predator dragon and dungeons the punisher knight roud tableB-boy
Yes ,that would be nice, and I think a lot of companies are starting to see that great 2D fighters can succeed without all the bells and whistles. Just update it with HD graphics and keep the same formula that made them successful in the first place! I just wish Killer Insinct would recieve a HD remake! C'mon Rare!!
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
HD doesn't mix with legacy platforms. I sure don't need it.
JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing a compilation of all those great beat em up titles in HD. It would be pretty awesome.

JJnyg24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JJnyg24
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts
I've recently been playing through a ton of co-op arcade beat em up games with a friend and would love to see Capcom update masterpieces like Captain Commando, Knights of the Round, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, among others..... although they wouldnt be able to release 'The Punisher' or Alien vs Predator' due licensing issues. Theres something about the original arcade graphics of these games (not the console ports) that look way better than updated HD games like Turtles in Time XBLA, so HD updates arent necessarily a better thing, as long as they do it right.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I would like a release of Cadillac and Dinosaurs and The Punisher. It sounds like both would have licensing issues however.