Can someone please explain to why you need a guide book??

• 57 results
pandora123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 pandora123
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

guide books seems more quite elegant

even though you can read wiki guide in the internet....but most of it all false or not accurate than the guide book

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@fanboymctroll: play super pitfall on NES without a strategy guide and let me know how you got on.

If you actually do, welcome to a part of my childhood

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#53 csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

even in the days before the internet was big, your periodical video game magazines usually had sufficient walkthroughs. There's a market for everything I guess.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#54 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@fanboymctroll:

Gamefaqs.com has all you need for free. I haven't bought a strategy guide since Silent Hill 3 came out on ps2. Turns out that I didn't need it though since the game was easy. But the guide was nice to look at!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@fanboymctroll said:

Ok a new game comes out, you want it, so you buy it first day full price. Then you go and drop another $50 on the game guide book that shows all missions, secrets etc etc. Why??

Why even bother buying the game, why not just buy the guide book and read it cover to cover. The whole point of buying the game is to experience the game, to find the secrets yourself, that's where the reward and sense of satisfaction comes from. Why do you need the guide book? Are you that much of an impatient sore loser that you need to know the answers to all the secrets and hidden locations right away? What ever happened to putting in some effort to find things without guide books?

I know a lot of people are using them otherwise they wouldn't keep making them, those fancy cover art books by the front register for Skyrim, Mass Effect etc etc.

If you need the guide book, I say you don't need to buy the actual game, just read the guide book like it's a story book and save yourself the cost of the game. Why bother even playing a game, if you are just going to be a sore cheating loser.

That is a very hard view to take, a guidebook is not the actual game and I doubt someone sits and plays by the book.

Also, there is something to say about having a real book and not just look at an internet page, I have bought a few guidebooks myself and despite not using them they look good on the shelf and rather to have and not need, then need and not have.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I suppose a guide book would be worth it for a game or series of games you're in love with. I'd never drop $50 on any guide book though.

Google dat shit.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

I couldn't see myself ever buying an actual guide book but I find guides handy if it's a game like Earthbound where they sell you all these items but don't say what they do.