Calling ALL Basketball Fans

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DerMeister90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DerMeister90
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
This year, I suspect that NBA Live, NBA 09, and NBA 2k9 will all be duking it out, considering the battle between NCAA 09 and Madden 09. Has anybody seen any reviews for any of these games? Which one will come out on top this year? I'm trying to figure out which game to get....
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

No reviews yet but I say go with NBA 2K9 all the way and just ignore NBA Live 09.

I tried both NBA 2K8 and NBA Live 08 and 2K blows Live out of the water by tenfold. The players move more realistically, the game feels more naturally like basketball, and it has more extras such as street balling, etc. Also, the animation, controls, and fun factor is a hundred times better. And it has Kenny Smith for color commentary!

I expect the same with 2K9. I will never buy or play Live again after playing 2K8. It's just a superior b-ball series.

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts

No reviews yet but I say go with NBA 2K9 all the way and just ignore NBA Live 09.

I tried both NBA 2K8 and NBA Live 08 and 2K blows Live out of the water by tenfold. The players move more realistically, the game feels more naturally like basketball, and it has more extras such as street balling, etc. Also, the animation, controls, and fun factor is a hundred times better. And it has Kenny Smith for color commentary!

I expect the same with 2K9. I will never buy or play Live again after playing 2K8. It's just a superior b-ball series.

ASK_Story

Good to know I was thinking about diving into a b-ball game this october

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

I use to be a faithful buyer of the NBA Live games but once this generation hit I switched over to 2K. 2K is less fast breaking and dunkfest like Live is. To me the 2K games play out more realistically.

I did play the NBA Live 09 demo and it just confirmed that I should stick with 2K. I think both games come out next week.

Prodigy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Prodigy_basic
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

I tried both NBA 2K8 and NBA Live 08 and 2K blows Live out of the water by tenfold. The players move more realistically, the game feels more naturally like basketball, and it has more extras such as street balling, etc. Also, the animation, controls, and fun factor is a hundred times better. And it has Kenny Smith for color commentary! ASK_Story

i agree with everything you said...however, clark kellogg is replacing kenny smith for commentary in nba 2k9 (to go along with kevin harlan)...

why anyone still buys the live series, when 2k has been the better basketball game for years now, is a mystery to me...

Juan-C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juan-C
Member since 2002 • 8496 Posts
NBA 2K series has been the best in basketball since the Dreamcast days. and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Dunkonya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Dunkonya
Member since 2004 • 1601 Posts
If you like the arcade time of basketball i say go for live, But IMO 2k games are better and more realistic.