Call to fellow Gamers!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Divayth_Fyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Divayth_Fyr
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

I think that we can all agree that Jack Thompson's Jihad against the gaming community needs to come to a close. That is why I am asking all of you to do the following things:

1. Do not send any violent e-mails, or more importantly, death threats, to Jack Thompson. all this will do is prove his stupid point. If we ignore him, he will get bored and move on to obstructing another form of freedom of expression.
  2. This may sound stupid, but don't do anything Thompson could interpret as a "violent act caused by video games".
  3. Please, please, don't vote Hilary Clinton into office, as she is on his side. If you are a Democrat, like me, vote for Obama in the primaries, as he defends freedom of expression. If you are a Republican, vote for a candidate that defends it as well, like Giualianni or or McCain.
  4. Tell all of your friends to do the things mentioned above. There is no way that one stupid attorney can stand up the entire gaming community!
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Hilary should get in. Besides neither her nor Jack Thompson because they would be breaking their own laws and proving to the world that the USA is indeed not the land of the free. People are allowed to make games on anything they want because making a game is about expression and the freedom of speech and they can't just stop that. Besides Jack Thompson needs some proof that violent video games make people do violent things.
Divayth_Fyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Divayth_Fyr
I am not saying she would just do away with video games, but she very well might tighten the ESRB's reigns. Think about it, if you let your 11 year old play T rated games but not M, Hilary might turn games that are now E to T and games that are now T to M.
Divayth_Fyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Divayth_Fyr
Which would really suck for your 11-year old.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Yeah I agree but it is up to the parents to decide if they want their kids to play certain games no matter what the rating is. Even if she does tighten the ratings the kids will still somehow get ahold of these games. Instead of having ratings about who people can sell games to they should just have warnings about what the game contains and let the buyer know what they are getting into. If America is the land of the free then people should be free to choose what sort of games they want to play. Not only America but other countries that have video games, people should have the right to choose what they want to play.
Avatar image for HrolfTheStrange
HrolfTheStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HrolfTheStrange
Member since 2006 • 490 Posts

I think that we can all agree that Jack Thompson's Jihad against the gaming community needs to come to a close. That is why I am asking all of you to do the following things:

1. Do not send any violent e-mails, or more importantly, death threats, to Jack Thompson. all this will do is prove his stupid point. If we ignore him, he will get bored and move on to obstructing another form of freedom of expression.
  2. This may sound stupid, but don't do anything Thompson could interpret as a "violent act caused by video games".
  3. Please, please, don't vote Hilary Clinton into office, as she is on his side. If you are a Democrat, like me, vote for Obama in the primaries, as he defends freedom of expression. If you are a Republican, vote for a candidate that defends it as well, like Giualianni or or McCain.
  4. Tell all of your friends to do the things mentioned above. There is no way that one stupid attorney can stand up the entire gaming community!

Divayth_Fyr

yeah this is good I do want giualianni, but a liberal will almost definantly win, so obama would be my pick for the democrats if one wins. 

Ninety-2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ninety-2
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts
Does anybody really take Jack that seriously?
Divayth_Fyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Divayth_Fyr
Mabye the ESRB should state the magnitiude of the content already listed, on a scale of 1 to 5. This would further empower and inform parents without hurting freedom of expresiion.
Lacuna69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lacuna69
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts

Divayth_Fyr

I understand- Gamers look squeeky clean with twinkle in eye (or on teeth), Obama gets IN, Jack gets bored and commits an act of domestic violence that ruins his career- SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!:)

kanedajjj5757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 kanedajjj5757
Member since 2007 • 1632 Posts
well i don't make violent e-mails to jack thompson, so i am okay there. and i dont commit any act of violence which means i am good in that regard. i hate hilary clinton and i think obama is the man...