Call of Duty V: Victory being developed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 DaveGray
Member since 2002 • 1551 Posts

Apologies is this has already been posted...

...more apologies if this is against forum rules.

But, Nelson from Achievement Junkie.com was on a plane and just so happened to sit next to a guy with a book of info on Call of Duty 5.  He said that he saw the logo, the name, and some of the games features.  Nelson didn't disclose all that much.  ...just that the game is called "Victory", and there is a prominent new weapon, surprising new vehicle, and new multiplayer mode that has been lacking.'

He said that the weapon was something rumored to be coming from another game recently.  I think it's probably a flamethrower (as was rumored to come with a Gears of War update.)

I think he's going to keep his mouth shut for a while (on what the weapon, vehicle, and multiplayer mode are) to see if he can get anything out of the Activision -- like an inside look or something, in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

--Dave 

DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaveGray

Does anyone who plays the Call of Duty series have any idea what the new multiplayer modes or vehicle might be that were lacking in the series before?

--Dave 

howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

Apologies is this has already been posted...

...more apologies if this is against forum rules.

But, Nelson from Achievement Junkie.com was on a plane and just so happened to sit next to a guy with a book of info on Call of Duty 5.  He said that he saw the logo, the name, and some of the games features.  Nelson didn't disclose all that much.  ...just that the game is called "Victory", and there is a prominent new weapon, surprising new vehicle, and new multiplayer mode that has been lacking.'

He said that the weapon was something rumored to be coming from another game recently.  I think it's probably a flamethrower (as was rumored to come with a Gears of War update.)

I think he's going to keep his mouth shut for a while (on what the weapon, vehicle, and multiplayer mode are) to see if he can get anything out of the Activision -- like an inside look or something, in exchange for a non-disclosure agreement.

--Dave 

DaveGray

Shouldn't they make Call of Duty 4 first?

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts

well i highly doubt call of duty 5 is already in late stages of developement. call of duty 5 is going to look at call of duty 4 before doing anything

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
A new weapon, a new multiplayer mode, and a new vehicle...he just described every FPS sequel to date. However, I wouldn't be too surprised if CoD5 was already in development seeing as how quickly they released CoD3 after CoD2, and that CoD4 is already due for release relatively soon.
DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaveGray

Shouldn't they make Call of Duty 4 first?howlrunner13

Hey....it's not my decision.  I'm just repeating what he said in the podcast.  Besides, this game was most likely in early development.  It was sketches and stuff.

--Dave