Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Anybody else doing this? I’ve realised that my Switch library is just getting bigger and bigger.

I only own a few games for the PS4 as well as one on the PSP and some for the DS/3DS. I’ve got two GBC’s with only one game...:P

I just think it’s a fantastic console. I’ve always been more of a portable gamer so, if the game is available on the Switch, I buy it. Discs are great, but I love cartridges.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I am, but only because it is the only console I own now.

It's good for a lot of games, but definitely not all of them. As happy as I was when they put Overwatch on there, it really doesn't run as well as it did on the XBox One X. Still cool, but definitely not ideal when there are superior alternatives, and usually priced more fairly on other systems as well.

Playing Hotline Miami again on the Switch has been great though. So was replaying South Park The Stick of Truth. I never played Skyrim until the Switch, but that seems to hold up well. I think there is a definite division with multi-plat games that came out from like 2016 on, not running as well on the Switch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Only really buy games on Switch if I see the game fitting the use of portability, it's the same way I did for the 3DS and DS. Makai Senki Disgaea to me was a no-brainer on Switch because it's repeated small sessions. While I don't see much benefit playing really long games portable.

Plus been dabbling with a few retro, small budget games, and Luigi's Mansion 3 on the system.

Otherwise if I really like a game usually buy it on multiple platforms. I did so in recent years with all the big Capcom games; Monster Hunter: World, Devil May Cry 5, and Resident Evil 2 Remake I have on P.C. and PS4. That's why when people threw stupid rumors about platform differences I'm the first to call them a liar. Misleading a game/ product is never cool guys.

Moving on. The CastleVania Collection I have on Switch and PS4. I've sunk an insane amont of time into that. Was debating P.C. but ended up not bothering. Maybe when it hits GoG.

@speeny said: but I love cartridges.

Me as well. Actually I just love physical gaming whenever possible, but something about a cartridge beats a disc. Which is odd because I'm of the "revolutionary" DVD generation of gaming. Discs feel fragile and sensitive. A cartridge is sturdy and way more reliable, probably one reason I liked my DS more than the loud and janky discs of the PSP.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Kinda thought about buying games that ere both on the PS4 and Switch, but after the amount of freezing on SAO Fatal Bullet, I decided to just buy mostly exclusives on switch and the rest on PS4. (Note: Fatal Bullet was the only game freezing on my switch and doesn't freeze on my PS4.)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Nope. I only buys exclusive or jrpg on switch, the rest is either on ps4 or pc. I rather have better resolution and gameplay than gimmick.

Me not loving indies also a factor I dont care about my switch.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ
@sakaixx said:

Me not loving indies

You've probably played more independent funded games than you realise. That's what indie is short for.

Indie isn't exclusive to 2D graphics from a by-gone generation.

From Software self publishes games in home country. And only sees publishing for outsourcing. The development for games like Dark Souls, was funded by the company From Software, and sold in JPN region with no publisher

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I think 95% of the games I bought this year were on Switch... even most multiplats (mainly Indies). I just love the portability factor.

Plus most of the great games this year were Switch exclusives.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ said:
@sakaixx said:

Me not loving indies

You've probably played more independent funded games than you realise. That's what indie is short for.

Indie isn't exclusive to 2D graphics from a by-gone generation.

From Software self publishes games in home country. And only sees publishing for outsourcing. The development for games like Dark Souls, was funded by the company From Software, and sold in JPN region with no publisher

Good for from soft then i played their games. But please, you know the context I'm talking about when discussing about indies.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ

@sakaixx said:

But please, you know the context I'm talking about when discussing about indies.

Probably not The Witcher III?

If I had to guess anything that pays honor to the most beloved mechanics of the 16-bit/ 8-bit generations of gaming? Which is fine, you be you.

Yet that's only one side of the coin. Not to mention games such as Sonic: Mania and Unravel are published games, and I'm sure they fit your 'dislike' criteria (probably).

If anything should just say you're not fond of retro gaming/ games inspired by retro gaming (that's not a turn-base RPG).

To give a good idea of this; I'm not really a fan of bloated openworld games with hundreds of hours of dialogue. That doesn't mean I dislike AAA gaming does it? Genres

In the end- talent, direction, and budget/ resources are factors I never overlook.

Examples- Anthem and Fall Out 76. Absolute turds that anyone not in denial saw from miles away. They both had the budget/ resources and nothing else. Which is a sure method for disaster. Wouldn't matter if it was indie, or AAA. They lacked the needed ingredients to make a good game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sakaiXx

@RSM-HQ: yeah, I generally dont play those 16 bit artstyle games either sonic or more expensive production like cuphead or unravel. I dont care if its good or just horrible, I avoid indies. Though there are exceptions as some games like Stardew Valley or Wargroove that is recommended alot and something that I might enjoy. I also do buys indie JRPG like Legrand Legacy but only because the production value is good enough to me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

I only treat my Switch to play Nintendo exclusive games and the rest such as 3rd-party/indie games, I buy'em on PC or PS4 but still, PC for everything I do. Even though I went digital, I still buy physical games for Switch.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

A lot of the games I wanted to buy on Switch end up getting put up for free on Epic Games Store, so I just focus on exclusives.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Nah I only use the Switch when there is no other alternative.

CVBelmont47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CVBelmont47
Member since 2019 • 13 Posts

I purchased the Switch strictly for exclusives. I would much rather play third party titles on my PS4.

Not to say I won't double dip with a few games for the portability factor.