Burnout Paradise PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manhello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manhello
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts

Hi i'm contemplating on what game I should purchase. It's either Heavenly Sword or Burnout Paradise, on PS3. In Burnout Paradise, can you like use guns and get out of cars and steal other people's cars or motorcycles?

Moderator's Note: Game Recommendation threads are not allowed in General Games Discussion. In future, be sure to use the stickied thread in the PS3 forum. Many thanks.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Hi i'm contemplating on what game I should purchase. It's either Heavenly Sword or Burnout Paradise, on PS3. In Burnout Paradise, can you like use guns and get out of cars and steal other people's cars or motorcycles?manhello
um....no? Burnout Paradise is strictly a driving game. It's about car crashes, racing, ridiculous speeds, etc, though it does have a sandbox style city to mess about with. I'd recommend it, as it's the best driving game of 2008 and one of the best i've ever played. A great game with huge replay/playbility and awesome DLC. Heavenly Sword is a very good game, but it's also insanely short, and i'm not normally one who complains about shortness. Replaybility is also limited at best and with Ninja Theory gone, forget about a sequel or DLC. Last i checked, the game is still full-priced, which is absurd. Were it cheaper, i'd have to think about this one, but it's just too damned expensive for what you get.
manhello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 manhello
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts
Ok thanks.
Shifty_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shifty_Pete
Member since 2004 • 2678 Posts
I loved Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, and felt Paradise was a huge step in the wrong direction. I applaud the support and free DLC, but the core gameplay lost everything fun about the Burnout Series. I just couldn't stay interested in it when I've got Revenge to fall back on. Heavenly Sword, on the other hand, I absolutely love. It's short, but only because there's no BS in it. No fetch-questing, no level grinding, no filler of any sort. This makes the game extremely replayable, because you won't have to redo stupid things that were added to pad the game--it's all action, action, action. Between the two, I'd recommend HS.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70545 Posts
I loved Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, and felt Paradise was a huge step in the wrong direction. I applaud the support and free DLC, but the core gameplay lost everything fun about the Burnout Series. I just couldn't stay interested in it when I've got Revenge to fall back on. Heavenly Sword, on the other hand, I absolutely love. It's short, but only because there's no BS in it. No fetch-questing, no level grinding, no filler of any sort. This makes the game extremely replayable, because you won't have to redo stupid things that were added to pad the game--it's all action, action, action. Between the two, I'd recommend HS.Shifty_Pete
Absolutely agree. Burnout 3 took away everything that made the previous Burnout games a joy to play. The sand box setting was poorly implemented and is quite time consuming.