Boxed Commodore 64 Worth

This topic is locked from further discussion.

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts

Is a boxed C64 (box is a bit rough) with all the manuals and serial matches and comes with the Cassestte Player and 6 games (1 cassette, 5 carts) worth $100?

I checked ebay and they only boxed system there is $85 (w/ shipping)

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Wow if they go for that much maybe I should sell mine.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

no... my god do people look with their nose on ebay? go to completed listings and you will find a commodore boxed that sold for 55 euros with 10 bids on it. so that is about the price

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I doubt an old mass-produced machine would be worth much despite the condition. Namely due to most games being available through retro collections and/or online flash remakes/reproductions. I think you'd have to want the machine itself for the games, not for the money it might be worth.

You can try putting it up at a high price and someone who HAS to have boxed items and has more money than sense might take the plunge, but i don't think you should expect to get much for any 80's home computer.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

I doubt an old mass-produced machine would be worth much despite the condition. Namely due to most games being available through retro collections and/or online flash remakes/reproductions. I think you'd have to want the machine itself for the games, not for the money it might be worth.

You can try putting it up at a high price and someone who HAS to have boxed items and has more money than sense might take the plunge, but i don't think you should expect to get much for any 80's home computer.

BarbaricAvatar

how abotu fm towns that will still cost you around 500 UNboxed