DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Any thoughts on this game? I accidentally bought it for the Switch. Learned that there was a major update for that version. Might have to double dip for my PS4, anyway. That is if its good enough...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Any thoughts on this game? I accidentally bought it for the Switch. Learned that there was a major update for that version. Might have to double dip for my PS4, anyway. That is if its good enough...

I'm a Backer and recall someone else on this forum was as well. Played entirely on PS4.

It's a very good MetroidVania game, has a lot of the same DNA as Symphony of the Night and Order of Ecclesia, however it has some pretty forgettable boss battles that leave a lot to be desired compared to those games.

Content on display is vast and enjoyable for the most part. I had a good time but then again my view could be considered bias as a Backer so worth keeping that in mind ツ

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

It's a good game, not in the top 10 best medtroidvania games though, especially in this saturated time. I wouldn't spend 40 bucks on it, especially if you already own it on another system.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14788 Posts

I played it on PS4 and really liked it. There were some performance issues though. Nothing major but noticeable dips in framerate. I’m considering on buying it on Steam or GOG.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43998 Posts

I’m not a backer but I did buy the Xbox One version and enjoyed it very much. If you enjoyed Symphony of the Night then you’ll definitely feel right at home with this game.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

I played it on Xbox One via the Gamepass subscription service, ended up loving it. I would have gotten it on Xbox but it was like $44 and PS4 had it for $22. I got it on PS4 on sale and it's a true successor to SOTN and the DS Castlevania games. I haven't beaten it as it's kinda hard though I don't want to rush through it yet.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Have it on pc. Runs great. So far I haven’t gotten too much into it. Lots of dialogue early on. I’m gonna give it another spin soon and see if it catches my interest this time.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

Have it on switch and it runs very poorly haven't turned it on in a while so may have a patch but I moved on to other games. Disappointed.