dirthurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dirthurts
Member since 2003 • 618 Posts

Anyone made it this far? I'm told to do this, but once I get up top, the door is locked. NO idea where to go. It's been about a week of wandering...

Any help would be great.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

@dirthurts said:

Anyone made it this far? I'm told to do this, but once I get up top, the door is locked. NO idea where to go. It's been about a week of wandering...

Any help would be great.

I believe its in the Unseen Village.

dirthurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dirthurts

Oooh. Ok. Does it have anything to do with this massive beast dangling off the cathedral above the spawn point? I can't figure out how to antagonize him.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

@dirthurts said:

Oooh. Ok. Does it have anything to do with this massive beast dangling off the cathedral above the spawn point? I can't figure out how to antagonize him.

You can't do anything to him. So don't stress it.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

this is confusing. He doesn't mean to ascend that tower, he means ascend the stair case to the main cathedral where you fight a boss. As you exit the cathedral ward lantern, go through the doorway directly ahead of it and just keep climbing the stairs past the giants and the lantern men until you get to a big set of doors. Open the doors and fight the boss. Touch the skull on the altar after the fight.

If there is a gate blocking your way, then you can either buy the badge from the merchant in the hunter's dream or there is a secret way around that involves taking the elevator near the cathedral ward lantern up, then actually going down the tower instead of up. When you run across that bridge with the snipers shooting at you, just go right around the base of the tower and drop down. Go inside the tower and carefully drop down all the way to ground inside the tower. Open those doors and keep going left until you get to an elevator. The elevator will take you up, jump off that ledge and open the gate from the back for easy access to the cathedral ward lantern. Then go up the steps like I said above.

As far as the tower itself, that leads to the optional Choir area and you need a key that you can't get until you beat Rom, which is a ways off.

dirthurts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dirthurts

@Ish_basic: Thanks so much. That was quite helpful. Past that, the game is pretty straight forward. Two more or so bosses to go.

The key to the top was much much much later in the game as you mentioned. I found a shortcut drop down where the lasers and crazy women attack you, by dropping off a ledge to access it.