Biggest Let-Down In Gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RooNotHerbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RooNotHerbs
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
We've all got games we were really hyped up about buying, and then they turned out to be crap. For me, Fable III has to be on the list as one of the biggest. I was so ready for it to be another amazing entry into the gaming industry from Peter 'I-Don't-Lie-Much' Molyneux, but i wanted to cry by the end of the game. The only good fact about it was the voice acting. Whats your biggest let down? From this year or any year.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

On a general note, it's not having split screen multiplayer.

Games with online multiplayer but no split screen multiplayer boggle my little mind.

I can play against someone across the world but not against someone sitting next to me.

Blood Drive was the latest game to disappoint in this way.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Spore.

Waiting for it was like waiting for christmas on chrismast eve. Except it felt like that for a month. I thought the game would be perfect and I could never ever stop playing it.

planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

Halo 2 story, cancellation of StarCraft: Ghost, first diablo 3 gameplay, wrath of the lich king and somewhat burning crusades, cancellation of beyond good and eviltrilogy

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

burnout paradise

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
GTAIV.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
FFXIII, I love the story, characters and the world but I hate the gameplay because of the auto-attack. It make me feel asleep everytime I play it :(
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

All those games that left us waiting for YEARS only to disappoint on a massive scale. Final Fantasy 13, Alan Wake, Spore, I'm looking at you... No word on "I Am Alive" game in the works... No survival-horror zombie sandbox/open-world game... And blockbuster games popping up on an annual basis now...

Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

GT5 no contest, this is the game I bought a PS3 for.

Now I'm considering trading it in,(the console).

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

On a general note, it's not having split screen multiplayer.

Games with online multiplayer but no split screen multiplayer boggle my little mind.

I can play against someone across the world but not against someone sitting next to me.

Blood Drive was the latest game to disappoint in this way.

d_parker

Yes! I fullyagree here.

Other then that... I'd say Sonic 06. Believe it or not, this is one of the biggest reasons we got a PS3 in the first place. Thankfully it wasn't the only one, and many games after that were more then satisfying. It's funny too, becasue the next game we got after that was Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and on the back it says "The real reason you bought a PS3." lol, yup.

MeroD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MeroD

Spore hands down. Must have been the pre-development hype...

And honorable mentions goes to Star Trek Legacy. It's worse than cold dead gagh.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts
Probably Bioshock 2. I really enjoyed the first one, and the second wasn't terrible, but it wasn't phenomenal either; and the multiplayer was huuuuuge let-down.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

mercenaries 2 specifially the pc vesion with its 6fps cap thats cant be fixed

second place easily goes to opfp:dr or GRAW

now if yu want to talk biggest fail in gaming history it either goes to big rigs or a little known shotoer called task force 121. basically TF121 is the worst fps ever made.. its from 2007, there is NO AUDIO until the first patch, no mp until the third and all the way to the final patch theres no working AI.. your opponents stand there. they dont move.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

BioShock. I was expecting the greatest game ever (it didn't help Ken Levine was hyping it to no end) and got just another generic corridor shooter.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Dead Rising 2

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Dead Rising 2

kittensRjerks
Same here.Hell i dont know what to call a letdown in this game. The 3 saving slots, the lack of sprint, the stupid level up and fighting system or the stupidity of not allowing you to do whatever you want like a REAL open world game and tell you that you have timelimit to play before the main quest fails and thuts its lost forever.
cooldufus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cooldufus
GT5, Metal Gear (the last one on ps3)... all Halo (what's the big deal?) Soulcaliber with starwars?....The Force Unleashed 2 was disappointing. Assasin's Creed....you're an assasin that can't do stealth kills? Killzone2.....9/10 ???????......yawn
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Daikatana.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
Actually, the slew of Mortal Kombat 3 iterations were pretty sad. Adding more characters does not equal making the game better...especially if the characters are lame. Noob Saibot/Rain/Ermac/Smoke/Scorpion/Subzero...:?
A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Gears of War and Assassin's Creed

Turned out to be pretty boring games.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

[QUOTE="kittensRjerks"]

Dead Rising 2

dakan45

Same here.Hell i dont know what to call a letdown in this game. The 3 saving slots, the lack of sprint, the stupid level up and fighting system or the stupidity of not allowing you to do whatever you want like a REAL open world game and tell you that you have timelimit to play before the main quest fails and thuts its lost forever.

3 save slots is a bad thing? :?

AL_GREEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AL_GREEN
Member since 2010 • 953 Posts

Traded in my 360 and WIi plus all my games in order to get a PS3 to play Socom:Confronation and Heavy Rain...both failed.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

first diablo 3 gameplay.

planetjumper

How so? Diablo's gameplay has remained pretty much the same throughout.

For me, it'd have to be Halo 2. I remember being so hyped for that game I couldn't stand it. Everything about it was much worse compared to the first, aside from the multiplayer. From then on, it was clear where Bungie's focus went and the original remains the best SP entry because of it. GTA IV was also a huge disappointment, as was Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (both of which I reviewed for further elaboration).

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Probably the current console generation. Yes there are good games, but what it was described to us really isn't happening, outside of a handful of ps3 exclusives. I remember going down to check out the 360 on display at Best Buy, before release, and walking away very unimpressed. Things have gotten a little better by this point, but there was never that shock value like there usually is with new consoles.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I'd say GTA4... Liberty City just got so boring now...
ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

Probably the current console generation. Yes there are good games, but what it was described to us really isn't happening, outside of a handful of ps3 exclusives. I remember going down to check out the 360 on display at Best Buy, before release, and walking away very unimpressed. Things have gotten a little better by this point, but there was never that shock value like there usually is with new consoles.

Heirren

This is how I feel. Yes there were some really good games that came out this gen, but there were a lot more bad ones in comparison. I don't know if we were expecting too much, but things felt slow and unimaginative this time around. It has picked up over the last couple of years so for what it is worth I guess.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="kittensRjerks"]

Dead Rising 2

lazyathew

This aint ps1 era. You must have alot of saveslots when the game is not checkpoint based.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

lazyathew

It makes having to make sacrifices meaningless, since you can just test and reload if you don't like what happened. I played the first game at least 10 times through... and the Prologue about 6. Something about DR2 just bored me to death.

Conscrumptured

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Conscrumptured
Member since 2010 • 797 Posts

Traded in my 360 and WIi plus all my games in order to get a PS3 to play Socom:Confronation and Heavy Rain...both failed.

AL_GREEN
Anybody who didn't do the research on Socom: Confrontation deserved to be disappointed. Any research at all would have easily seen the game isn't that good.
Magnol49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Magnol49
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

... No survival-horror zombie sandbox/open-world game... Elann2008

Agree. Stunning that this has not happened. So much potential here. Dead Rising 1 & 2, while great, don't count as this either.

enragedcritic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31 enragedcritic
Member since 2010 • 212 Posts

Duke Nukem being suspended forever... Big let down in gaming- movies based on videogames suck, Star Ocean the last hope- most japanese rpg characters are annoying. halo 2's story, not a fan of ODST's story (seriously when I play a halo game I want to play as master chief. Xbox 360 overheating problems /red rings (most are fixed now)