Biggest gen 8 epic fail?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Biggest gen 8 epic fail? (11 votes)

Anthem 0%
Avengers 9%
Fallout 76 18%
Assassin’s Creed Unity 0%
Evolve 9%
The Xbox One launch 9%
The Wii U 18%
The PS4 Pro fan noise 9%
Gamers buying billions in MTX, DLC, loot boxes (and solidifying that bidness model) 27%
Proliferation of broken incomplete games launched 0%
Too many previous gen ports 0%
Deluge of in game advertising 0%
Other 0%

By far gamers whining and complaining (do gamers do anything else?) yet buying billions in post sale content anyway.

Of all the gen 8 fails, that is the most damaging to consumers and the industry.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Wii U sometimes I forget it existed.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

The Xbox One, Evolve mishaps and Anthem is a really good contender but I am going with Wii U as well. Console so forgettable not even Mario can save it.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I enjoyed Evolve and I’d argue it has the best audio design of the generation. The gameplay is fun too. No story, but I’ve never cared for one in my games.

I voted the ps4 fan. It wasn’t just select consoles - but all of them and part of the design. A loud console takes away any immersion in a game.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

Expected Avengers and Fallout 76 to suck ass, so was not disappointed. Anthem looked good from the first trailers, but was not interested, so whatever.

AC Unity was broken at launch, but at the time it's fixed and still one of the best looking games.

Expected for Evolve to fail the minute they said that it's going to be 4v1 MP.

Don't really care about console fails, but out of the 3 listed, Wii U must be the winner as it was pretty much DOA.

Broken games being released sucks, but you can't expect anything else, when the masses of sheep keep pre ordering that trash.

In game ads are only a thing in sports games, and only dumb dude bros play them anyway, so who cares? If they are willing to buy the same shitty game every year, let them look at ads, they must love being exploited to the idiots that they are.

Remasters are fine, after all, that's what you get for not gaming on PC.

So the winner is the mictrotansactions and useless DLC making the corporations billions in profit, because the mindless gamers keep buying that nonsense and thus ruin gaming as a whole in the process (less quality SP games, more unfinished games just to sell "extra" content later on, free to play cash grabs, games as a service, etc.).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Why is AC Unity on there? Arguably one of the best AC games.