Bethesda Teasing Fallout 4?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts
OK so this just popped up on youtube, Literally 20 minutes ago on Bethesda's Channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7a1GVlC9SM Why do this now? Why disable comments? Teasing something maybe? Thoughts? Redent
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Fallout 4: The Buggening?

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

I think Bethesda is really getting Geared up for Next Gen. If they do announce Fallout 4 that will be 3 games already in the making for Next Gen, which is awesome.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
This time the glitches will have mini glitches in them. Bethesda keeps outdoing themselves.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts
I sure hope so. A next gen Fallout game would be crazy awesome. :D
lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 490 Posts

I sure hope so. A next gen Fallout game would be crazy awesome. :DArchangel3371

Yeah I'd be ready for a new one on the next gen consoles or PC. New Vegas was such a great game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
That is odd, I don't see why they would random post this now. They better not be messing with us, I want to see Fallout 4 announced.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]I sure hope so. A next gen Fallout game would be crazy awesome. :Dlozengez

Yeah I'd be ready for a new one on the next gen consoles or PC. New Vegas was such a great game.

New Vegas was a fine game, but don't expect Fallout 4 to feel similar to it, since that one was developed by Obsidian.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I hope not, we will get nothing but more mediocrity if Bethesda is the developer. If it going to use the same kind of terrible engine and gameplay give it to a studio that has good writers. Better yet give the entire property to someone else so they can make a decent engine less bugs, and decent gameplay then get some good writers on it.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

My  favorite game series.  Where do I preorder it?

Avatar image for MasterTankallex
MasterTankallex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MasterTankallex
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Bethesda is awesome, but I never really got into the Fallout series.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

My favorite game series. Where do I preorder it?

capaho

its not up for pre order imo.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Unless they overhaul the combat system I'm no longer interested. v.a.t.s. kill the immersion for me

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 capaho
Unless the overhaul the combat system I'm no longer interested. v.a.t.s. kill the immersion for meBlack_Knight_00
I love the Fallout series but I didn't like the V.A.T.S. system either for the same reason so I rarely used it. I used my perks for weapons skill upgrades instead and that made for more realistic fighting. Between Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I probably didn't use V.A.T.S. more than a half-dozen times.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Unless the overhaul the combat system I'm no longer interested. v.a.t.s. kill the immersion for mecapaho
I love the Fallout series but I didn't like the V.A.T.S. system either for the same reason so I rarely used it. I used my perks for weapons skill upgrades instead and that made for more realistic fighting. Between Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas I probably didn't use V.A.T.S. more than a half-dozen times.

Which is what I tried to do as well, except I kept wasting my ammo at point blank range because my gun skill was too low. Spending skill points helped a little, but the shooting still felt artificial and unnatural. I still spent some 150 hours on Fallout 3 though, looking for Oasis which I refused to look up on the internet (and in the end I never found). Loved the game, but I can't see myself going back to more of the same, I tried with New Vegas and it just put me off too much. They also need to tone down the gore big time: there's only so many exploding heads I can see in an hour before I start calling it juvenile.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ilovegames1992

Nah the gorn was great.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 capaho
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]Which is what I tried to do as well, except I kept wasting my ammo at point blank range because my gun skill was too low. Spending skill points helped a little, but the shooting still felt artificial and unnatural. I still spent some 150 hours on Fallout 3 though, looking for Oasis which I refused to look up on the internet (and in the end I never found). Loved the game, but I can't see myself going back to more of the same, I tried with New Vegas and it just put me off too much. They also need to tone down the gore big time: there's only so many exploding heads I can see in an hour before I start calling it juvenile.

The combat system was rather frustrating if your weapons skill rating was low. I tended to focus on just a couple of weapons and bring the skill levels up on those. Once you max out the skill level on a particular type of weapon it becomes rather effective. The real draw of the series for me, though, was the RPG aspect and the huge open world.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Black_Knight_00

The combat system was rather frustrating if your weapons skill rating was low. I tended to focus on just a couple of weapons and bring the skill levels up on those. Once you max out the skill level on a particular type of weapon it becomes rather effective. The real draw of the series for me, though, was the RPG aspect and the huge open world.capaho
I used the chinese assault rifle and the automatic shotgun throughout the whole game and still the immersion factor suffered, even with combat skill maxed out. That's something they should be able to fix fairly easily though. I mean: the combat system in Oblivion was light years better than the one in Morrowind and the same can be said for Skyrim, a few quirks aside. Here's hoping they will make the shooting feel a little more natural and believable.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 capaho

I used the chinese assault rifle and the automatic shotgun throughout the whole game and still the immersion factor suffered, even with combat skill maxed out. That's something they should be able to fix fairly easily though. I mean: the combat system in Oblivion was light years better than the one in Morrowind and the same can be said for Skyrim, a few quirks aside. Here's hoping they will make the shooting feel a little more natural and believable.

Black_Knight_00
I hope so, too. I would definitely not miss V.A.T.S. and would enjoy the combat more if the firefights played more like a conventional shooter. Hopefully Fallout 4 will address that issue.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Legolas_Katarn

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

capaho

I hope so, too. I would definitely not miss V.A.T.S. and would enjoy the combat more if the firefights played more like a conventional shooter. Hopefully Fallout 4 will address that issue.

I'm amazed they left VATS in the game at all. With how little the game felt like a Fallout title keeping VATS was a terrible decision. They should have just focused on making the first person shooting enjoyable. VATS just took you out of the action and made the game incredibly easy, it's no longer a strategy game where VATS has any real purpose other than to remove you from the action (and in Fallout 3 and NV there is no real reason to bother aiming at anything but the head or thrown grenades anyway), and they somehow had less and worse death animations than Fallout and Fallout 2 so it didn't even work well to show off enemy deaths.

They probably just left it in to try to appeal to old Fallout fans but now that we know how pointless it is they should focus on making the action exciting for the type of gamers they appeal to and stop trying to pretend that it's strategic or role playing focused. If they did that we would all enjoy it a lot more.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts

I hope not, we will get nothing but more mediocrity if Bethesda is the developer. If it going to use the same kind of terrible engine and gameplay give it to a studio that has good writers. Better yet give the entire property to someone else so they can make a decent engine less bugs, and decent gameplay then get some good writers on it.

Legolas_Katarn
That's almost funny. Try harder next time.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

MonoSilver

There are a hell of a lot people that dislike or outright hate Bethesda, especially when talking to older or more PC focused gamers. Them being bad writers and bad at quest design certainly isn't any new idea. Even if I thought that they had talent in even one area, I would still dislike them for their business practices.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

Legolas_Katarn

There are a hell of a lot people that dislike or outright hate Bethesda, especially when talking to older or more PC focused gamers. Them being bad writers and bad at quest design certainly isn't any new idea. Even if I thought that they had talent in even one area, I would still dislike them for their business practices.

Bethesda are the developer that blow me away with the first game in a series, then it descends into mediority and utter disdain for its absolute tedium and glitches.

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts

Legolas_Katarn
Lets give it to capcom, co developed by obsideon. That way we'll get a game with no bugs, great gameplay, and amazing story telling. Also if I'm not making my sarcasm obvious let's also make it always online with no dedicated servers XD Okay that's a bit over the top but my point stands. No one studeo can be good at everything and when compared to other studios bethesda can hold it's head above a lot of the rest. Sorry if this seems like I'm having a go at you but I'm just tired of reading any thread to do with bethesda and needing to filter out the actual discussion points from the flaming piles of poo
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

If Obsidian were to develop the next Fallout game, it would be one of the best days of my gaming career. Bethesda should just give rights to Obsidian to further develop the Fallout franchise.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Legolas_Katarn

If Obsidian were to develop the next Fallout game, it would be one of the best days of my gaming career. Bethesda should just give rights to Obsidian to further develop the Fallout franchise.

EvilSelf

An obvious improvement if they weren't already busy with their own projects and I'd rather not see Bethesda pay them less from a metacritic score again.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Wow sweet, Fallout 4.. I need to play Fallout and New Vegas.. backlog is way too big.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ilovegames1992

EvilSelf

This is true. Obsidian are class.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

Legolas_Katarn

An obvious improvement if they weren't already busy with their own projects and I'd rather not see Bethesda pay them less from a metacritic score again.

Certainly! That bonus that was unpaid due to a single metacritic point was a disgrace practice...Shame on Zenimax...

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#30 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

EvilSelf

I still think there will be 2 new Fallout games: Fallout 4 and Fallout: New Vegas 2. Or something...

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EvilSelf

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

Blueresident87

I still think there will be 2 new Fallout games: Fallout 4 and Fallout: New Vegas 2. Or something...

The more the better in my view. Provided, they are quality of course. Nwe Vegas just blows Fallout 3 out of the water in my opinion, hence i am voting for Obsidian to further develop the series. J Sawyer and Chris Avellone know the Fallout franchise! They are the rightful heirs to continuing it! Them and Brian Fargo of course (InXile)...

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

EvilSelf

The more the better in my view. Provided, they are quality of course. Nwe Vegas just blows Fallout 3 out of the water in my opinion, hence i am voting for Obsidian to further develop the series. J Sawyer and Chris Avellone know the Fallout franchise! They are the rightful heirs to continuing it! Them and Brian Fargo of course (InXile)...

Fallout 3 has a lot of good in it, but yea New Vegas just feels more like a Fallout game. I'd be excited to see something from both teams, because like you said the more the better, and with Fallout I'll always take more.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Fallout 4 would make a killer launch title for next gen consoles. But they really need a whole new engine. 

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#34 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Bethesda should have some of the guys from id help them with the shooting this time. 

Cyrez60659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cyrez60659
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="capaho"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

Legolas_Katarn

I'm amazed they left VATS in the game at all. With how little the game felt like a Fallout title keeping VATS was a terrible decision. They should have just focused on making the first person shooting enjoyable. VATS just took you out of the action and made the game incredibly easy, it's no longer a strategy game where VATS has any real purpose other than to remove you from the action (and in Fallout 3 and NV there is no real reason to bother aiming at anything but the head or thrown grenades anyway), and they somehow had less and worse death animations than Fallout and Fallout 2 so it didn't even work well to show off enemy deaths.

They probably just left it in to try to appeal to old Fallout fans but now that we know how pointless it is they should focus on making the action exciting for the type of gamers they appeal to and stop trying to pretend that it's strategic or role playing focused. If they did that we would all enjoy it a lot more.

I think VATS should be improved rather than removed. It's actually really fun and is an interesting homage to the turn-based isometric style combat of the old Fallout games. It just needs to be implemented better. A good start would be having it's targeting distance and lock-on capability tied directly to your Perception skill to stop people using it as an instant enemy spotter (capable of detecting even invisible enemies) unless they level up the appropriate skill.
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 capaho

I think VATS should be improved rather than removed. It's actually really fun and is an interesting homage to the turn-based isometric style combat of the old Fallout games. It just needs to be implemented better. A good start would be having it's targeting distance and lock-on capability tied directly to your Perception skill to stop people using it as an instant enemy spotter (capable of detecting even invisible enemies) unless they level up the appropriate skill.Cyrez60659

Frankly, I would be surprised if they did away with VATS considering that it's pretty much a signature feature of the game.  I am hoping, though, that they will improve the performance of the conventional combat so that it is more realistic.  That would certainly enchance the value of the game for those of us who aren't interested in using VATS.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

MonoSilver

You think he's trolling? IMO the variants of Gamebryo that Bethesda has used were awkward and terrible. Everyone knows their games are buggy as hell. The stories are no more than a series of vaguely related events. Skyrim's story was 'kill evil monster', and FO3 from what I remember was 'find dad'.

EvilSelf

I totally agree. I literally just finished Alpha Protocol and it had some great and original ideas. FNV had some great ideas as well, like using faction armor to disguise yourself. I also like mutually exclusive factions. I think it's stupid in Elder Scrolls games when you can join every faction and become the leader of all of them. If they have conflicting ideals they should have conflicts and you should have to pick a side.

Obsidian has a reputation for making buggy games but I think that's mostly because they're rushed by the publisher. And to be honest they can't possibly be much worse than Bethesda.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts
You know nothing, John Snow "Skyrim's story was 'kill evil monster'" Thats the most insane comment about Skyrim i have ever heard... you clearly have no idea what you are talking about
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#40 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

You know nothing, John Snow "Skyrim's story was 'kill evil monster'" Thats the most insane comment about Skyrim i have ever heard... you clearly have no idea what you are talking aboutRedentSC

That basically is Skyrim's story...

All the events in Skyrim are predictable and as straight forward as it gets. There's literally no motivation for any of the characters (including the Dragonborn, which is actually an issue for a game that gives you complete freedom, you HAVE to be the hero whether you like it or not) as they exist as simple archetypes.

The Elder Scrolls lore is fantastic, but let's not confuse that with story.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Legolas_Katarn

You know nothing, John Snow "Skyrim's story was 'kill evil monster'" Thats the most insane comment about Skyrim i have ever heard... you clearly have no idea what you are talking aboutRedentSC

The main story was nothing special it was just a tool to give your character something to do and get him to explore. Games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, pretty much anything else in that style aren't made to have great main stories the focus is or should be on the world characters, quests, lore, dialogue, interesting exploration. None of the games had that interesting of a main plot by good RPG/Adventure Game/Etc standards.

When people give reasons for disliking or liking games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Skyrim based on how terrible the story is I have to wonder how in the world they are playing the game, if they are just ignoring everything and only going form plot point to plot point and then quiting, and when people say they love the games for the great story I have to assume they don't play many or any well written games, watch movies, or read much. I might not like Fallout 3 and have huge problems with Skyrim but the quality of the main story certainly isn't something that factors into that.

The Elder Scrolls lore is fantastic, but let's not confuse that with story.

^

I think it's stupid in Elder Scrolls games when you can join every faction and become the leader of all of them.

It was much more difficult in Morrowind when you had to actually be skilled in what the guild cares about to advance in rank. Unlike now when you can be a fighter with almost no magic skill and become the head of the mages guild.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="RedentSC"]You know nothing, John Snow "Skyrim's story was 'kill evil monster'" Thats the most insane comment about Skyrim i have ever heard... you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

What was Skyrim's story about?
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

When people give reasons for disliking or liking games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Skyrim based on how terrible the story is I have to wonder how in the world they are playing the game, if they are just ignoring everything and only going form plot point to plot point and then quiting, and when people say they love the games for the great story I have to assume they don't play many or any well written games, watch movies, or read much. I might not like Fallout 3 and have huge problems with Skyrim but the quality of the main story certainly isn't something that factors into that.Legolas_Katarn

I wasn't saying whether I liked the games or not, or whether the story was a factor. I did like all of the games regardless of the stories. I was just pointing out that there are legitimate complaints about the game and mentioning them doesn't make someone a troll.

It was much more difficult in Morrowind when you had to actually be skilled in what the guild cares about to advance in rank. Unlike now when you can be a fighter with almost no magic skill and become the head of the mages guild.Legolas_Katarn

I don't understand why they abandoned this idea. You can become Archmage without casting more than a dozen spells. I think you can complete the DB questline without ever sneaking. So dumb.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Legolas_Katarn

I wasn't saying whether I liked the games or not, or whether the story was a factor. I did like all of the games regardless of the stories. I was just pointing out that there are legitimate complaints about the game and mentioning them doesn't make someone a troll.

I was clearly talking to the guy I was quoting, the one who said that you were insane and know nothing for posting that it had a story that was just kill monster. Nothing I said really had anything to do with you other than agree that the story was just kind of there.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]When people give reasons for disliking or liking games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Skyrim based on how terrible the story is I have to wonder how in the world they are playing the game, if they are just ignoring everything and only going form plot point to plot point and then quiting, and when people say they love the games for the great story I have to assume they don't play many or any well written games, watch movies, or read much. I might not like Fallout 3 and have huge problems with Skyrim but the quality of the main story certainly isn't something that factors into that.INF1DEL

It was much more difficult in Morrowind when you had to actually be skilled in what the guild cares about to advance in rank. Unlike now when you can be a fighter with almost no magic skill and become the head of the mages guild.Legolas_Katarn

I don't understand why they abandoned this idea. You can become Archmage without casting more than a dozen spells. I think you can complete the DB questline without ever sneaking. So dumb.

The guilds in general aren't what they used to be. The quest lines are shorter, the objectives seem to be squarely focused on zombie killing, and they don't require your character to fit in to the guild in any way. I'm really hoping that in the next ES they re-examine all that. On topic; I liked both the new Fallout's a lot. New Vegas was my favorite, but I'd happily settle for a new Bethesda developed Fallout as well.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]When people give reasons for disliking or liking games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, or Skyrim based on how terrible the story is I have to wonder how in the world they are playing the game, if they are just ignoring everything and only going form plot point to plot point and then quiting, and when people say they love the games for the great story I have to assume they don't play many or any well written games, watch movies, or read much. I might not like Fallout 3 and have huge problems with Skyrim but the quality of the main story certainly isn't something that factors into that.INF1DEL

They did it to simplify. That's Skyrim's main downfall, it's far too dumbed down compared to how the ES games used to be.

Jonahirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jonahirt
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

I was like wtf when they posted this, but now I'm really hoping it is a sort of disguised teaser for Fallout 4.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#48 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Fallout 4 is inevitable, and I can't wait to see a next-gen Fallout game. Hopefully there won't be any framerate issues or glitches.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
I really dont see how that has anything to do with FO4. I know Bethesda has 1 game in development now of their own, and they already said it's not another Elder Scrolls, or Fallout.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Actually they are making a fallout 4..There has been plenty said an read about it the last few years..There where arrest an stuff about it a few years back..When they scouted a place up north america in boston..So ya it is in the making..