Best video games in Conspiracies genre

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SipahSalar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 SipahSalar
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Something has caused me a serious itch for playing a game with serious conspiracy theory stuff. Do you have any suggestions?

The games can be from any genre.

An example:

1. Mass Effect 1 meets the criteria somewhat

2. Mass Effect 2 and 3 do not meet the criteria.

3. Sherlock Holmes : The Awakened meets the criteria perfectly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Deus Ex. Not only is it a great FPS/RPG hybrid but it's story is a combination of pretty much every conspiracy theory creating a unique and interesting world.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#3 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@toast_burner: this. Deus Ex is the ultimate conspiracy video game series. Great plot and excellent gameplay all around.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Was about to come in and say Deus Ex Human Revolution (have yet to play the original) but people already beat me to it.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

the first Deus Ex was much more your traditional conspiracy story. It references just about every famous conspiracy and secret order you've ever heard of and some you haven't. Also dealt with aliens. It was basically all those Time Life books from the 80s mashed into one.

I love Human Revolution, but it's more speculative sci-fi than the original, which was like X-files meets James Bond.

The Secret World is a conspiracy MMO where players can join the Templars, Illuminati or the Dragon. Mixes in a lot of lovecraftian style plot devices as well. Honestly, though, wouldn't recommend it from a gameplay standpoint, but if you're a conspiracy nut, there's not much like it.

AC2 scratches the conspiracy itch pretty well, too. Shame the rest of the series is so disappointing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Are we forgetting about Metal Gear? It might not be as heavy as the other games that where mentioned, but it still had a great conspiracy plot.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7364 Posts

Eternal Darkness kinda works, if you don't mind the conspiracy being orchestrated by giant trans-dimensional beings. Same with the Legacy of Kain series.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

Hmm... I think Beyond Good & Evil could be considered conspiracy-related. Corrupt government stuff, iirc.

SipahSalar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 SipahSalar
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Thank you guys, for some reason i have never played Deus Ex, neither the original nor the Human Revolution. I will be sure to give it a shot iA.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@Metallic_Blade said:

Hmm... I think Beyond Good & Evil could be considered conspiracy-related. Corrupt government stuff, iirc.

yeah, that's a good pick. Particularly because the player reveals the conspiracy through her quest and you get to watch the world around you changing in response to it. Classic game from Ubi's golden age.