Best Version of Final Fantasy VII to date?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoshISMFOF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 JoshISMFOF
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

With Square-Enix coming back to E3 this Monday, FFVII fans can only hope if we will get any new info, a trailer or gameplay for the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Although it is not confirmed if we will see anything new, I am still hyped to this day for it.

That being said, I need advice on something...

Out of all of the remasters, mods, fanmade mods, etc is the best version of Final Fantasy VII to date?

I specifically want the best looking visually. Best character models, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

None of the versions look amazing, since there's only so much you can do with an early PS1 game, but...I guess the Steam version has some HD mods with better character models?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I would recommend playing the original PS1 version.

The PC version used to be best. Used to. Trouble is, it is almost impossible to get it running on modern PCs. And I've tried. There might be some unofficial, modded FFVIIs for PC available, but the official PC version simply refuses to work properly no matter what I do to it.

So I just play the original PS1 version on me PS2.

JoshISMFOF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JoshISMFOF
Member since 2018 • 13 Posts

@henrythefifth: I've played the PS1 version when I was 11 (30 now). I will always adore the original.

However, I just want the version with the updated character mods.

Is that the Steam PC version @Planeforger was referring to?

I know I've seen some let's plays of it but I can't think for the life of me which version that is.

Thanks for the responses.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I was playing FF7 on a PS3 and it worked perfectly. Its ran just like the original version - its a straight up emulation of the original.

Apparently its on the PS4 as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45
deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b69a9d1edf45
Member since 2018 • 108 Posts

Within the world of Final Fantasy VII, the characters look best most often during the climaxes of the game. Theoretically, the major cutscenes gather the most attention from audiences rather because everyone can see the entire scene, but for me, the appearance of the towns and cities such as Midgar and Nibelheim, and the resort cities-- Gold Saucer and Wutai have art in the architecture. The landscapes are beautiful and look higher resolution than Cloud or Sephiroth when they are living day to day except during that flame scene or the final battle. The versions with a game world with a higher resolution than any one character model or building is well with me. I think I still have the original Playstation version that is dear to my heart.