best Splinter Cell?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

which Splinter Cell Game was the best?

I dont have the original, i should buy it.

My best is Chaos Theory. It had the new gadgets and AI but still kept true and didn't mess with the formula of the franchise.

Pandora Tommorow probably would be my best cause it had the best story and levels, if it had the graphics, and new additions of chaos theory.

Double Agent was still good but it took a darker approach and the levelsweren't as good (2 ship levels), and the whole "choose your allegiance thing got annoying, and no matter what you chose the game ends the same basically.

daniel-san86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 daniel-san86
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

the original one is the best, i preferred the levels more than the others

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
The first one or Chaos Theory. Pandora Tomorrow is great as well but it lacks... something, IMO.
haemorrhagiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 haemorrhagiae
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts
First one.
Alley-Cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alley-Cat
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
The first one. A new one is in the works, although it's been delayed. Let's see how that one turns out.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
Chaos Theory hands down. I never played the first one, I didn't like Pandora Tomorrow to point of almost not liking it at all. Double Agent basically screwed up the formula, but was good in its own way.
darkad1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 darkad1
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

I'm a HUGE Splinter Cell fan (although I haven't played pandora tommorow, I should). I had really really high hopes for Double Agent and it was great, but fell short of the amazing Chaos Theory. First was amazing too, but I prefered CT.

Going back to that stupid compound after every level was incredibly annoying. The pick a side stuff was in my opinion totally crap implementation. I mean Sam Fisher was always the 'unknown hero' in the previous games, but deciding whether to kill Lambert or not just felt empty.

The Kinshasa level was crap imo. Splinter cell should not have a level like that, totally bright, no shadows, no night vision. A day level could have been much better.

Shanghai level however, was in my opinon brilliant. They really nailed it with that one. The others were good too barring Kinshasa some of the compound bits.

The reason I was upset is that ALL the levels in Chaos theory was great imo. They were incredibly atomospheric, immersive and interesting. CIA and Japan levels were superb.

Sorry about the rant. I'm really looking forward to the new Splinter Cell too. I'm annoyed they still want day-time levels but hopefully they'll be better implemented. Sam Fisher being a bit confused and stuff is interesting too, but I hope they don't crap it up.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
yes you should definatly get the first
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
My favorite is Pandora Tomorrow. The single player mode was very difficult (which I like) and the multiplayer mode was very unique. The additions made in CT were disappointing and IMO only took away from the experience.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

My favorite is Pandora Tomorrow. The single player mode was very difficult (which I like) and the multiplayer mode was very unique. The additions made in CT were disappointing and IMO only took away from the experience.Cube_of_MooN

I halfly agree, I think Pandora Tomorrow had the best single player.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]My favorite is Pandora Tomorrow. The single player mode was very difficult (which I like) and the multiplayer mode was very unique. The additions made in CT were disappointing and IMO only took away from the experience.HiResDes

Do you think CT had better multiplayer? It did make a few fixes, but otherwise the addition of so many things just made it feel too complex, not that I couldn't figure it out or anything. I also think PT had better maps... Krauser Lab FTW
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts
[QUOTE="HiResDes"]

[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"]My favorite is Pandora Tomorrow. The single player mode was very difficult (which I like) and the multiplayer mode was very unique. The additions made in CT were disappointing and IMO only took away from the experience.Cube_of_MooN

Do you think CT had better multiplayer? It did make a few fixes, but otherwise the addition of so many things just made it feel too complex, not that I couldn't figure it out or anything. I also think PT had better maps... Krauser Lab FTW

YES!

I don't know its hard for me to say, I think Pandora's multplayer might have been slightly more enjoyable, but I felt more of a legit challenge from playing CT.

Kyto_Azevedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kyto_Azevedo
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
I liked double agent the best
nucksfan_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 nucksfan_16
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Chaos Theory. The UbiSoft Montreal version of DA was pretty lame... Bad graphics, annoying trust meter; It's just an overall unimpressive game. The UbiSoft Shanghai version looks pretty cool, though. I've never played it, but from what I've heard, it's better than the other version...
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

Chaos Theory.....But I played it so much that it's not as interesting anymore :(

czort666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 czort666
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts
I really liked the first Splinter Cell,because it was first real stealth game(IMO) but my favourite one is Chaos Theory it had great levels,nice story,excellent AI,many new things like knife,noise meter and also fantastic feeling,huge replayability and of course high end graphics
rom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 rom11
Member since 2005 • 2049 Posts
I don`t have Double Agent so Chaos Theory.
Solid_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Cobra
Member since 2006 • 757 Posts
Chaos Theory was the best in the series. The level designs and music were the superb. Double Agent had very forgetable levels, and too many daytime levels. I don't like the way they are moving away from the gameplay of the classic splinter cells. I hope they eventually bring the series back to Chaos Theory's gameplay, style, and quality.
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

They were all good :

Original one had the wow factor.

Second one had multiplayer and other awesome stuff ( train level was AMAZING)

Third one was graphically impressive and improved on everything.

Last one had a great story. i liked the singleplayer but they slaughtered teh multiplayer.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

which Splinter Cell Game was the best?

I dont have the original, i should buy it.

My best is Chaos Theory. It had the new gadgets and AI but still kept true and didn't mess with the formula of the franchise.

Pandora Tommorow probably would be my best cause it had the best story and levels, if it had the graphics, and new additions of chaos theory.

Double Agent was still good but it took a darker approach and the levelsweren't as good (2 ship levels), and the whole "choose your allegiance thing got annoying, and no matter what you chose the game ends the same basically.

Bauers-Twin

Pandoro Tommorow because it intoduced the amazing online componet of the game.

smart-design

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 smart-design
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
I like them all but Chaos Theory is my favorite
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

I'm a HUGE Splinter Cell fan (although I haven't played pandora tommorow, I should). I had really really high hopes for Double Agent and it was great, but fell short of the amazing Chaos Theory. First was amazing too, but I prefered CT.

Going back to that stupid compound after every level was incredibly annoying. The pick a side stuff was in my opinion totally crap implementation. I mean Sam Fisher was always the 'unknown hero' in the previous games, but deciding whether to kill Lambert or not just felt empty.

The Kinshasa level was crap imo. Splinter cell should not have a level like that, totally bright, no shadows, no night vision. A day level could have been much better.

Shanghai level however, was in my opinon brilliant. They really nailed it with that one. The others were good too barring Kinshasa some of the compound bits.

The reason I was upset is that ALL the levels in Chaos theory was great imo. They were incredibly atomospheric, immersive and interesting. CIA and Japan levels were superb.

Sorry about the rant. I'm really looking forward to the new Splinter Cell too. I'm annoyed they still want day-time levels but hopefully they'll be better implemented. Sam Fisher being a bit confused and stuff is interesting too, but I hope they don't crap it up.

darkad1

Pandora tommorow is awesome and i love Kinshasha!! Thats one of the bets levels in the game imo, i didnt like the two boat levels. and i dont think there was Shanghai in DA on the PS2 version i played.

and i dont get the hype over the train level in Pandora Tommorow, i love the game but i beat the train level in 15 minutes.