Best retro games that made an impact.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NewVegasSeptim (37 posts) -
Many games on the nes, snes, genesis, etc were Really fun, but which one was the best, that you'd play for hours and hours? For me, earthbound, (mother), Was amazing. i never played until way after release, so there was ps2, wii, early xbox 360 games, but this one i played, caught me into the storyline way more than any other game, and when the characters felt emotion, i did too. i was wondering what game made an impact like this on you?
#2 Posted by da_chub (3140 posts) -
of all games ive ever played, mario and zelda and metroid remain my favorites. mario and zelda are always great games...and i just love the metroid universe. call me a nintendo fan, but i will always play mario right along side UC3 or Dark Souls(which are my most recent ps3 games).
#3 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

I was a huge fan of games like Sonic, Street Fighter, and Donkey Kong back during the Genesis/SNES days, and I owe it to great games like this that got me into gaming in the first place. However, I owe it to Super Mario 64 in turning gaming from a hobby to a passion; I spent hours upon hours playing this game and loving every second of it, and when I finally beat the last Bowser for the first time I was absolutely astatic. SM64 is still one of my all time favorite games, and I enjoy it know just as much as I did back when I first started playing it back in 96.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#4 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

I was a huge fan of games like Sonic, Street Fighter, and Donkey Kong back during the Genesis/SNES days, and I owe it to great games like this that got me into gaming in the first place. However, I owe it to Super Mario 64 in turning gaming from a hobby to a passion; I spent hours upon hours playing this game and loving every second of it, and when I finally beat the last Bowser for the first time I was absolutely astatic. SM64 is still one of my all time favorite games, and I enjoy it know just as much as I did back when I first started playing it back in 96.

Shenmue_Jehuty

I remember how amazed, intrigued, and curious I was upon first touching Super Mario Bros on the NES. Mario 64 was the only other game to really capture that feeling again, and I was a teenager at that!

#5 Posted by almossbb (1979 posts) -

there were tons of groundbreaking games back then, since gaming was still building up. but generally, nintendo games were the ones to make a huge impact and set the standard for gamings future. they were also extremly fun and awesome to play lol

#6 Posted by LordDarkrai (25 posts) -
Their's alot of great ones. The ones that blew me away are the Mario games, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy VI, Star Fox 64, and the first Super Smash Bros.