Best memory of a video game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ranteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Ranteal
Member since 2007 • 701 Posts
Mine would have to be when I was about 9 and I purchased (well my dad bought it) The Legend of Zelda for the NES. Just the packaging and the cartridge itself was amazing. The game was like a epic journey for what games offered back then. I was just going through my crap the other day and I came across the cartridge and I remembered pretty much every little detail of when I got the game. Even remembered I got it from a K-Mart.
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts
My favorite memory was when I got Banjo Tooie. I had just got my N64 for christmas and my mom took me to blockbuster to buy one game. (It used to sell n64 games), and I picked out banjo tooie. I began playing it and became addicted, it was this game that got me int o videogames. and right now, I have restarted it for the fifth time, and still play my original file which is now at 104 hours
-Sigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Sigil-
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts
The best game memory I have is when I first played through my favorite game ever- Soul Blazer (Snes). Simply, the most amazing sense of accomplishment and sadness. I couldnt believe it was over when I beat it, I was so bummed, very few games have ever had that effect on me.
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts
The Splatter House arcade back in the days... Spooked the buns off me... Not only that... They even placed it near a dark spot...
Octavius1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Octavius1701
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The first time I completed Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES... A truly fantastic game.
JetLagz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JetLagz28
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
Playing Super Mario Bros on the NES for the first time. Learning how to shoot fireballs, swim and jump on koopa's was second to none. I was 5 at the time.
Avatar image for chicken_dude_05
chicken_dude_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chicken_dude_05
Member since 2006 • 480 Posts

My favorite memory was when I got Banjo Tooie. I had just got my N64 for christmas and my mom took me to blockbuster to buy one game. (It used to sell n64 games), and I picked out banjo tooie. I began playing it and became addicted, it was this game that got me int o videogames. and right now, I have restarted it for the fifth time, and still play my original file which is now at 104 hours dragonfly110

I was gonna say like, almost exactly that!

Cyratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cyratos

Final fantasy 8...defeating Ultimecia...after all 4 forms. I remember that my 3 friends were with me, and we were all hooked up on that game. I was the first one who came all the way trough to Ultimecia.

We were jumping like crazy when I defeated the first form, but the joy stopped when Greaver showed up. I used everything and anything, so the bugger killed me.

Take 2.

Defeated Ultimecia, carefully planning every move with my friends. Defeated Griever wit full power. Damn, another form -_- Died for the 2nd time.

This time, we realised we're gonna fight a lot. So before the whole fight, we took about 1 hour of time rearranging the GFs for characters, and decided we (:P) should use Irvine, Zell and Squall, cos we could do the most massive damage with those 3. !st form down, 2nd form down, 3rd form down(!) and then that 4th crappy form appeared. Step by step, our adrenaline was beating, we were all so sweaty, and then after (actually it wasn't that much fighting) 20 mins or so... Ultimecia was finally dead.

We didn't know, so we waited until the movie was over, waiting for another form... but soon we realised we actually beat the bloody game! Woohoo we were so damn happy cos of it, we talked about it for about a month. We were kids then, and gaming was one of the most important things for 4 of us.

Really nice memory :)

gladi8or19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 gladi8or19
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
Playing hours of Perfect Dark on N64 with my friend whenever he came over. that game was the best N64 game , maybe even the best Shooter game ever.
deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
me and my step brother staying up 2days no sleep playin co op season on madden 02.
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts

Memory 1: Friend and I staying up all night during the schoolweek to play and beat Quake II on the hardest difficulty on N64

Memory 2: I had a high fever during 5th grade and stayed home for 3 days playing Zelda while somewhat hallucinating.

Memory 3: Staying late at work to beat Super Ghouls N Ghosts with a co-worker

Memory 4: Seeing Zelda II for the first time at a friends house and being in awe.

lsesrekmsa66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 lsesrekmsa66
Member since 2008 • 107 Posts
Definitley when I found Kuribo's Shoe in SMB3.
FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts

My best memory is resident evil 1. You had to memorize the map just to beat that game.

I don't have any warm moments like that lol. I just remember my dad bought me star wars rebel assault 2 for playstation because my friend had it. too bad it sucked.

PreLuDe_DuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PreLuDe_DuDe
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts
Best memory would be playing CHRONO TRIGGER. The game at the time cost a whopping 70-80 bucks and the gameplay and graphics was far ahead of its time. The story telling was unmatchable anywhere. The soundtrack was absolutely amazing. Those were the times.
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

Final fantasy 8...defeating Ultimecia...after all 4 forms. I remember that my 3 friends were with me, and we were all hooked up on that game. I was the first one who came all the way trough to Ultimecia.

We were jumping like crazy when I defeated the first form, but the joy stopped when Greaver showed up. I used everything and anything, so the bugger killed me.

Take 2.

Defeated Ultimecia, carefully planning every move with my friends. Defeated Griever wit full power. Damn, another form -_- Died for the 2nd time.

This time, we realised we're gonna fight a lot. So before the whole fight, we took about 1 hour of time rearranging the GFs for characters, and decided we (:P) should use Irvine, Zell and Squall, cos we could do the most massive damage with those 3. !st form down, 2nd form down, 3rd form down(!) and then that 4th crappy form appeared. Step by step, our adrenaline was beating, we were all so sweaty, and then after (actually it wasn't that much fighting) 20 mins or so... Ultimecia was finally dead.

We didn't know, so we waited until the movie was over, waiting for another form... but soon we realised we actually beat the bloody game! Woohoo we were so damn happy cos of it, we talked about it for about a month. We were kids then, and gaming was one of the most important things for 4 of us.

Really nice memory :)

Cyratos
that battle was so easy, but I hated how they gave you three random characters to choose from in the first form
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Resident Evil 2. Good ol' buddies during summer vacation sitting in air-conditioning playing RE2 beating it in under 2.5 hours. Those days will never come back.
Ranteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ranteal
Member since 2007 • 701 Posts

Resident Evil 2. Good ol' buddies during summer vacation sitting in air-conditioning playing RE2 beating it in under 2.5 hours. Those days will never come back.

That reminded me of when my friend helped me get through Silent Hill for the PS1. Stayed up all night, beat it, went to Del Taco at 6:00 and got macho Breakfast Burritos. Went back to my house and passed out watching A.M. Raw. Good times.

Hellrazor9mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hellrazor9mm
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts

goldeneye

recieving it, opening it, playing it, beating it, and everything else.

kickass game

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

1. Staying up for days playing goldeneye and perfect dark.

2. Resident Evil 1 when you walk up on that first zombie in the mansion.

FunkWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 FunkWeasel
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
Getting my first video game console, the NES. It was 1997, I was in first grade, and when I got home Friday my neighbor was all giddy because she got Mario Kart for her N64 and wouldn't let me play. So I went inside my house any asked my parents why didn't I get any video games. And a twinkle sparked in my dad's eye as he went to the basement, only to return with an NES and copy of The Legend of Zelda that he had from the 80's. He hooked it up, I played (and got owned for hours, because it was my first game). Later however, when my Dad taught me how to play, I mastered it. In one day, I reached the ninth level, and when I did, I called my whole family and the company they had over into the family room. They watched me explore the 9th dungeon for almost an hour, and when I finally found Ganon I owned his @$$ and saved Zelda. Everyone clapped, and at the time when I was six, it was a pretty big thing to have a few people clap for you. It was one of my favorite accomplishments of all.
BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BoG_
Member since 2003 • 2155 Posts

Every second of Metal Gear.

Every second of Shadow of the Colossus.

Every second of Metroid Prime.

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#22 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

1. When my cousin brought out his brand new N64 and my bro, him, and I played MK64, even though he beat us every time. Month later, we got an N64 and played it for days. About 5 months later we went to our cousins and we played him in MK64, and we barely beat him! It was so awesome.

2.Getting Smash Bros. I brought my N64 to friends house for the occassion and we played Smash for 2 days straight. Man, I was tired after that, but it was so awesome.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

That main one that comes to mind is the Legend of Zelda: ALttP on SNES.

But also, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, and Final Fantasy VII. OH yea, and Old School Mario.

carrotthead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 carrotthead
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
the first time i completed ff8 probably...i went through so much drama with that game
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
When I 1st palyed Sonic the hedgehog on the mega drive, the game wsa amazing and I loved the look plus the music is what made it really memorable, loved it.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts
Every second of Okami.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#27 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I think it was just when I was a kid, sitting down and watching my brothers play Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong country witht heir friends.

the good ol' days

TonySoprano314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TonySoprano314
Member since 2006 • 759 Posts
I don't remember what year it was, but I asked my parents for a Sega Saturn for Christmas. At the time, the n64 and ps1 were out. Christmas day came and under the tree was the Saturn, world series baseball, clockwork knight, virtua cop w/gun, daytona usa, and virtua fighter 2. For weeks I did nothing but play that thing. My friends all made fun of me, but I really didn't care. Sure, at the time the Saturn was probably the worst of the 3, but that made me love it even more. It was like a different world when my friends came over. About 2 years later I got a n64 and loved it, but to this day I play my Saturn. It is my most valuable system and contains some of the best games I have ever played. I could tell you about when I had my Dreamcast for 5 years while all my friends played their xbox's and PS2's, but that would take too long.
producer2357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 producer2357
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

Agreeing with a couple of other people here, it would probably have to be playing through FF8...I don't know the Sci-Fi, time loop paradox plot line mixed with the love story just made it a game I love, and there is nothing more satisfyinf than beating an RPG...

Which brings me to another favorite memory, finally beating Secret of Mana for snes. I remember playing that game forever when I was younger, and never surviving through the mana fortress or beating the final boss....but finally got the urge to play it and beat it like 8 years later haha.

producer2357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 producer2357
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
Oh god, how could I have forgotten Goldeneye. I remember bunch of us from school grabbing systems and playing multiplayer against each other at someone's house pretty much all night. I swear it's a main reason why FPS and live is so popular today
Skylarkell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Skylarkell
Member since 2007 • 2797 Posts

Turning on my Ps2 and playing Kingdom Hearts

Playing Banjo and Tooie and super smash bros for the first time

When I tuned on DK64 and heard the rap song and started dancing a little because I though it was good.

Getting to the end of Crash Bandicoot 2 on New Year's eve because my cousin didnt have a memory card. We were both in suspense

psistarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 psistarman
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

beating earthbound the first time.

my god.

i was just... moved by the game. it was like a huge adventure that i couldn't get enough of. i laughed, i wanted to cry, i got frustrated, it was just one of those RPGs that really made me think and feel all my emotions.

japa28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 japa28
Member since 2004 • 2797 Posts
playing Super Mario RPG for the SNES when I was 8 years old. i rented the game, and haven't played it since. i've been trying to find it at garage sales and flea markets but with no luck. really wanna play that game again.
lilwormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lilwormy
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
Mine is more of a console than a game. I can remember when N64 first came out and my sister and I wanted it so badly. We went to the mall with our dad one day and I can remember seeing it up on a shelf behind a counter in Sears. We begged and begged and he kept saying no. But when we got home, we turned right around and went back to buy one. I can remember the shiny box with all the game screencaps on the back. Well anyway that night we plugged it in and started playing mario kart 64. :) Ah, the good 'ol days.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
My sisters and I playing Super Mario All stars. I think it was summer vacation 1996, we beat all five games. I also had a good time with the Donkey Kong Series. Playing GoldenEYe on N64 and Grand Turismo 2 on PS with my friends. Going to the library study corner after school and 4 of us with gamboys trying to get all 150 Pokemons. Playing Killer Instict During lunch time in middle school at a friend's house. Mom almost killing me on $600 bill on dial up internet playing Diablo Online. Good times.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts
Playing conkers : bad fur day for the n64 with friends and saving my friend from getting chainsawed and samurai sworded by head shotting both of my other friends :O. We played that game so much it was absolutely epic.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
Probably the summer when all me and two other friends did was sit around and play Morrowind. We'd just take turns on our seperate files. We absorbed every bit of information on the game. We had no outside information on the game going in, so we were constantly finding new things in it. It was great.
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
i remeber when me and my brother were beating mgs 1 we had so much fun. good days
x_t0rqc-1xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 x_t0rqc-1xd
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
Ahh...mine would be when i win at one! and another one, and another one. you get the picture.
kadomony1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kadomony1988
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
you all may flame me for saying this, but i remember playing the first bubsy on the SNES. i loved playing that game. loved the stage design and the graphics overall
XxSteelxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XxSteelxX
Buying Super mario 64, and then going home to play it.
Avatar image for xAcidicFantasyx
xAcidicFantasyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xAcidicFantasyx
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
When I got PS1 for my 8th birthday along with Tomba which is an AWESOME game.
ezikiel2517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#43 ezikiel2517
Member since 2003 • 114 Posts

God there are so many, but the standouts are

- Getting Super Mario Bros. 2 for christmas

- Seeing Y's I and II for the first time and being blown away by the soundtrack and people who were actually talking!

- Playing endless hours of PGA Tour Golf, NHL Hockey, Ken Griffey Jr. baseball and Bomberman in friend's basement

- Staying up till 7am playing Resident Evil for the Playstation.

- Playing Mario 64 for the first time and justing running around in the first level in awe for hours.

- Playing thru Resident Evil 4 for the first time

- Playing Gears of War for the first time in high def.

bigfatcrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bigfatcrap
Member since 2006 • 1919 Posts

Beating OoT with my best friend.

The good times I've had playing Call of Duty online.(The original and United Offensive)

Castle_freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Castle_freak
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
Getting my first gameboy (a gbc) and playing my first rpg on it, Pokemon Yellow Version. Just thinking about it makes me want to play it again right now. if only i hadnt lost it.:evil:
OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#46 OblivionGuy07
Member since 2006 • 7546 Posts
When I got DK 64 and played it for a day straight:) That was one of the greatest experiences in my life. another one was when I first completed Halo and Halo 2.
ramonl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ramonl2
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts

Getting My1st Gameboy

playing FFVII and playing on my uncles draemcast and playing N64 with my friends

xFuryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 xFuryx
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts

When I played FF7, I remember getting so into the game, I was obsessed with it, I made my own Buster Sword (out of cardboard, but it was still pretty cool).

Playing RE4 about 7 or 8 times, that game was AWESOME.

Playing through Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, one of the best stories in VG history.

xFuryx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#49 xFuryx
Member since 2007 • 745 Posts
Ya know...now that I remember. I bought FF7 for 15 bucks at Blockbuster a WHILE back, purely by mistake. I remember playing the demo for FF8, and I recognized the roman numerals when I saw FF7 thinking it was FF8 because they looked alike cept for that one I. Best mistake I've ever made.