best games this year so far

#1 Posted by CTR360 (8654 posts) -

mine 1 RDR2 2 spiderman 2 gow 4 assasin creed odyssey 5 tomb raider shadow 6 dragon quest 11 7 detroit become human 8 far cry 5 9 ni no kuni 2 10 yakuza 6 11 shenmue HD 12 hollow knight 13 yakuza kiwami 2. very good year for gaming and next going better

#2 Posted by npiet1 (1959 posts) -

You couldn't of spaced that better?

#3 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10308 posts) -

Yeah, it's formatted horrible and I disagree, it wasn't a good gaming year, at least not for me. My highlights were Disgaea 1 Complete 8a remaster), Spyro (a remake), Tetris Effects and Octopath Traveller.

#4 Posted by comoestas (44 posts) -

I think RD2

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (13523 posts) -

Where's Horizon 4 though?

#6 Edited by sakaiXx (5165 posts) -

1. God of war.

2. Everything else including Red dead redemption 2. Shout out to valkyria chronicles 4 for being such an amazing game.

#7 Posted by pitty8982 (1056 posts) -

Haven't played any games released this year bar the Hitman demo. But I played and finshed:

PC:

Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Rayman Origins, Guacamelee

3DS:

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros

Nes:

Little Nemo: The Dream Master

My game of the year is Guacamelee

#8 Posted by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -

Hollow Knight didn't release this year, it was 2017.

Monster Hunter: World is without question my favorite game of 2018 so far. It respects its fanbase while streamlining just enough to bring in a different audience. All the story quests are trash, but everything else is gold. Great mechanics and level design, no game has better radical A.I. I've experienced and the options are faithful to longtime players of the franchise. Free DLC helps also.

Disgaea Refine was a great remake of the original so that also deserves some credit. It's not really an overhaul but more a faithful remake with just some fan favorite editions added for longtime fans.

God of War IV was ok, but that camera is a hindering feature a classic perspective should be optional, and how they turned climbing into a loading screen is very unappealing. It was still very much a hack n' slasher game but was far too up its cinematic ass to be a better game.

Both Castlevania: Requiem, and Dragon's Crown are amazing ports of older games. Not much more to add.

And finally Smash Bros Ultimate isn't out yet but I can't see it disappointing with all it plans to offer. Pretty excited.

#10 Posted by Dragagon (10 posts) -

Is it wrong if u stick to only one mmorpg for years? ._.

#11 Posted by GamerGirlCi (7 posts) -

@sakaixx: love them

#13 Posted by Mary022 (1 posts) -

This site https://fortniteauthority.com/ is the best so far for me, it's a brilliant choice that sets Battle Royale apart not just from other battle royale games, but most competitive multiplayer games in general.

#14 Posted by RisingUpGames (3 posts) -

RD2 singleplayer.

#16 Posted by noobsaiboto (30 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption 2

#17 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2220 posts) -

If 2018 I'd go with:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Monster Hunter World

All I've played from 2019 is Kingdom Hearts 3 but I definitely rate it highly. It was super fun and really improved on pretty much each and every aspect of the older games

#18 Edited by Byrdyin (24 posts) -

slither io that I got from apknite is one of the best games all the years, at least for me

#19 Edited by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -
@valgaav_219 said:

All I've played from 2019 is Kingdom Hearts 3 but I definitely rate it highly. It was super fun and really improved on pretty much each and every aspect of the older games

My vote goes for Resident Evil 2 Remake, even though I'm enjoying Devil May Cry 5 immensely.

My bias wants to lean towards DMC5 but Resi2Remake is a game for anybody who wants to give Survival Horror a chance.

DMC5 has some noticeable pacing issues, it's essentially a better DMC4 without the fixed camera angles, and a character who surprisingly plays like a Sorcerer build from Dragon's Dogma.

Read good things about Kingdom Hearts 3, glad fans got a great game after the wait.

#20 Edited by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

Lots of varied opinions here... NOT!

All your games are the most advertised and polished expensive casual interactive movie titles.

The only non-lazy AAA bore fest is Monster Hunter World and I have no idea what that game is about but appears to be based on culling wildlife which I find kind of unsavoury.

I’ve not played any new games this year but RDR2 and Spider-Man are 2018 games.

I did look into Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, which had a 2019 release.

#21 Posted by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -

@jackamomo: Don't know a single person who has called Remake 2 or Devil May Cry 5 "casual" till now. . That's quite the achievement Jack.

Bravo

I’ve not played any new games this year but RDR2 and Spider-Man are 2018 games.

Check the threads debut. Someone bumped a thread from late last year. Three months is necro worthy to some but whatever_

Like Valgaav, just updating this years stuff because it's not as though we've had many interesting threads lately. Most are about cutscenes (yawn). Or boring board games that I'm shocked still exist; not even joking. Games Workshop is on the verge of bankruptcy from my understanding.

#22 Edited by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Your opinion is not important to me.

#23 Edited by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -
@jackamomo said:

@RSM-HQ: Your opinion is not important to me.

That's fine, and pretty sure anyone can gather that with "NOT"

Yet noting the thread was made in 2018 and Games Workshop is still heading towards bankruptcy, is factual.

#24 Posted by Archangel3371 (27377 posts) -

For 2018:

- Monster Hunter World

- Red Dead Redemption 2

Honourable mention Forza Horizon 4.

For 2019:

- Resident Evil 2 Remake

- Devil May Cry 5

Honourable mention Kingdom Hearts 3.

Capcom has been kicking ass lately and this year is off to an amazing start.

#25 Posted by RSM-HQ (8114 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

Capcom has been kicking ass lately and this year is off to an amazing start.

What's more is Itsuno Hideaki san already expressed in interviews his team was working on two projects, one of which is Devil May Cry 5. The possibility of Dragon's Dogma 2 is very likely, for announcement this year or next. Could either be at Xbox e3 conference or the Tokyo Game Show.

Then add Iceborne to MH:W. . Capcom really is on fire right now!

#26 Edited by Sarevok123 (8 posts) -

Still like the Baldur's Gate-esque games

#27 Edited by Archangel3371 (27377 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: I would most definitely love to see a Dragon’s Dogma 2. Capcom has an absolute plethora of IP’s that I’d love to see get a new game made for or even just a remaster/remake for.

#28 Edited by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Nasty boy.

Can't see any evidence of GW being in financial trouble.

Reports show quite the opposite. They made £41mill operating profit in the last financial year. Capcom made about £60mill in that same year.

Call of Cthulhu is a 2018 game that looks far better than a remaster of a shallow and boring zombie shooting game from 1998.

#29 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2220 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Have you played Kingdom Hearts 3 yet? I purchased day one. I feel like the combat was somewhat simplistic, more so than Kingdom Hearts 2, but it was also really fun and visually appealing. I'm kind of ready to play it again on a harder difficulty to see what it's like. Also can't wait for the new upcoming DLC too!

#30 Posted by Archangel3371 (27377 posts) -

@valgaav_219: Yeah I got Kingdom Hearts 3 which I’ve played through to the conclusion and loved it. It’s my third favourite game this year right behind Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5.