Best Dead or Alive game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PitaGriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PitaGriffin
Member since 2006 • 1470 Posts
What's your favorite and why? Mine is DOA3 because it has a perfect fighting system, and because it's after DOA2 and before the crappy DOA4. Don't get me wrong, DOA4 has amazing graphics, but it's pure button-mashing and for some reason gets boring after a while. I keep coming back to DOA3 after 6 years. Well, I've only really "had" it for 2 years. :) Order of boringness for DOAs: 1 is the most boring: 1. DOAU 2. DOA4 3. DOA3
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts

DOA4 is only button-mashing if you aren't playing against someone who's any damn good.

DOA3 has two massive flaws that anyone should be able to comprehend. Loose counters and the presence of a universal mid counter. Those and other problems were exposed for the world to see when DOA fans tried getting DOA3 into competitive circles early this decade. Both DOAU and DOA4 fix that. Add DOA4's larger character roster and deeper movelist to the equation, and you have the best game in the series in DOA4, easily.

F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
Personally, I loved DOA3. I played the sparring mode with every character, and I liked the tag team mode. the only problem with the game is that the final boss cheats:x.
Darth_Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Darth_Homer
Member since 2004 • 5779 Posts

That'd be Virtua Fight...oh wait, you said DOA?

I'll go with DOA2. I haven't really played much of the others...