best DBZ fighter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 teldath
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

whats the best DBZ fighter currently out? im quite a sucker for fast movement and Flashing lights :) im figuring it would be a budokai game, and i cant afford t3 so should i just go for BT2?

(ps2 or Ps1 plz)

EDIT: ALSO music- which games (if any), have the funimation music in the (or remixes)?

DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts

I like tenkachi 2 more than 3 because i just cant "get" the new controls down right (on the wii anyway)

You should also consider budokai 3 for ps2 if you dont have it already, cause its just awesome once you get into unlocking stuff (moves! not just characters to unlock)

teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 teldath
is budokai 3 better then BT2? a friend and i are going to be making a small machanima with it, which has the best move/combo variety?
Lord_Laborao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Lord_Laborao
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
i rlly liked budokai 3
remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts

The answer is simply this.

DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2 is the best DBZ fighting game and just and all around great fighting game even when compared to other games in that genre.

DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for Wii is the best DBZ experience.

So it comes down to, are you a big fan of DBZ and want to relive some epic fights from the show? Then DBZ: BT3 is your game.

or

Do you want a great fighting game that uses the anime license? Then DBZ: Budokai 3 is your game.

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

DBZ Budokai 3 for PS2 is the best DBZ fighting game and just and all around great fighting game even when compared to other games in that genre.

So it comes down to, are you a big fan of DBZ and want to relive some epic fights from the show? Then DBZ: BT3 is your game.

or

Do you want a great fighting game that uses the anime license? Then DBZ: Budokai 3 is your game.

remblade
iv heard this said befor eand i still dont understand it. explain it to me please
teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 teldath

or

remblade

either of them use the funimation DBZ music?

metal_snake33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 metal_snake33
Member since 2005 • 1540 Posts
[QUOTE="remblade"]

or

Djmaster214

iv heard this said befor eand i still dont understand it. explain it to me please

i think he's basically saying that Budokai 3 has the better controls and is a better fighting game.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is also a really fun, epic DBZ game, but has a little more shallow controls.

Overall, BT3 is a great game and is true to the DBZ world, but Budokai 3 is deeper.

metal_snake33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metal_snake33
[QUOTE="remblade"]

or

teldath

either of them use the funimation DBZ music?

Im pretty sure they both do, but i think both also have an option to change the voice acting to Japanese. I dont know if that changes the music too though.

remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 remblade
[QUOTE="Djmaster214"][QUOTE="remblade"]

or

metal_snake33

i think he's basically saying that Budokai 3 has the better controls and is a better fighting game.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is also a really fun, epic DBZ game, but has a little more shallow controls.

Overall, BT3 is a great game and is true to the DBZ world, but Budokai 3 is deeper.

Pretty much that but let me further elaborate.

Budokai 3 is a really good fighting game, meaning that even if it didn't use the DBZ license it would still be a very good game.

Where as Tenkaichi 3 let's you relive the anime, Still a very fun game but you have to be a fan of the series. If it used original characters and had nothing to do with DBZ it probably wouldn't be as interesting.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Budokai 3 has more of a fighter feel to it, more moves than the BT series. However, if you want the DBZ feel and action, BT series is the way to go.
teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 teldath

so Budokai 3 feels more like playing a good game- and Tenkaichi feels more like playing DBZ?

is that what you guys mean?

metal_snake33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metal_snake33

so Budokai 3 feels more like playing a good game- and Tenkaichi feels more like playing DBZ?

teldath

Yeah, thats kind of it i guess.

If i were you, i'd just get Budokai 3. Its cheaper, and its still really fun.

But dont get me wrong, Tenkaichi 3 is also great.

Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

teldath

They're both good games but Budokai is better as a fighting game. In the Tenkaichi games the characters are very similar to each other and the controls aren't as deep despite being so counter-intuitive. There is also better character customisation in Budokai 3.

Tenkaichi feels more like DBZ because you can actually fly at will and move easily around the stages. Also the battles just feel more epic.

teldath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teldath
you cant fly in budokai 3?
remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 remblade

you cant fly in budokai 3?teldath

You can fly but it is limited. You can press the directional button twice away from your opponent to dash and while dash roll your thumb up so that you are pressing up and away from the opponent and you will lift off the ground. when you dash forward you will always head toward the opponent. So if you want to fly you have to dash up and away from the opponent but that is about the most you can due in terms of flying. Or you can always just do a combo that sends the enemy into the air and then follow them.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#17 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Budokai 3, easily. It's about the only quality Dragon Ball game aside from Burst Limit and the Shin Budokais.
cube2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cube2k8
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

to me dragonball z budokai 3 was a really good game

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

Tenakichi is a crappy game and whil it may have the scale of DBZ the super moves in Budokai 3 are epic enough

i've heard burst limit is good but from what I know Budokia 3 is the best there is

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#20 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Tenkaichi 2 was the best one on ps2. Great modes, great combat, easy combo's and special moves, great Z-item system. Budokai 3 moves are to difficult and it doesnt have the modes or Z-item system T2 does. Tenkaichi 3 is a broken turd and worthless. If you do normal dashs towards an opponent who is above or below you you just keep flying straight instead of flying into them. T3 did have cool new moves but the broken Dash system makes it a mute point. I loved the new lightning attack that lets you drive people into the ground with your knee. *crys*.

You cant beat the awesome combo's and cool planet destroy special moves of T2 though. Its a truly unique fighter. If you are weak and unable to adapt to new things though Budokai 3 offers your more traditional 2d fighter experience.
wassup432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 wassup432
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
Budokai 3. Anyone who likes DBZ or fighitng games in general will enjoy it :)
Wakkawipeout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wakkawipeout
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts
Budokai 3 is the best fighting game in the series and it is very faithful to the DBZ license. However, the Tenkaichi games are the most faithful adaptation of the series because it has all the characters and the action is fully 3D as you would imagine a DBZ fight would be. Basically, if you want the best fighting game in the series, go with Budokai 3, or maybe Burst Limit if you want something fresher. If you just want to play a game that feels the most like the anime/manga, then play one of the Tenkaichi games which are not as deep and refined as Budokai 3, but feel more like the show when controlling the characters.
Luis018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Luis018
Member since 2007 • 446 Posts

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3.8)

--

bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 bardos-the-3rd
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts

teldath

yes,except tenkaichi one that is slow,boring and fast made. tenkaichi 2 and 3 have differences that makes both worth to get. 2 has more personalize options(for atributes) and an interesting and long story mode, tenkaichi 3 is overall a little bit better done than 2.

for the information bt 2 has around 130 fighters and 3 has 150, budokai 3 has only 31.

but in b3 every character is different and in tenkaichi the control differences between characters is minimal