So I love base building games and I am looking for some new ones to dive into.
Basically I love the idea of having a "home base" in a game that you can build up, defend and where you also leave it to gather supplies or whatever and come back.
Now I am NOT into heavy crafting as I find it super time consuming and not really fun.
A perfect example of a game that I love that has this "home base" mechanic is State of Decay. Also Fallout 4 does too, but that game got really boring for me.
Basically looking for these features:
- You have a home base/fort etc.
- You leave it to gather supplies, do missions etc and come back to your home base/fort.
- You might have to defend your home base/fort
- Decent graphics/art style
- Not heavy in crafting
- You can play by yourself or with friends, either way doesn't matter.
Here is a list of games that might get mentioned in this thread that I want to shoot down now:
- Modded Skyrim: Tried to play it, but like Fallout 4 it got boring to me.
- Minecraft: Please god no. Too much crafting and I hate the art style
- Terraria: Too much crafting
- Starbound: Haven't played it, but it seems a lot like Terraria which I did not really like.
- Dwarf Fortress: No.
- RimWorld: Haven't played it, but it doesnt seem like you control a character. You just build.
- Rust: No.
- Factorio: No.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Like I said, my favorite game so far for this "home base, defend, build up, leave/gather supplies/return" mechanic has been State of Decay. Thanks ahead of time :)