Best audio/video options for a Genesis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Geist2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Geist2003
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts

I'm searched and it's just confused me more. For anyone who knows:

What are the BEST audio/video options for the Genesis?

It's the first version Genesis with a Sega CD (The side mounted kind)

I have a Sharp Aquos LCD.

Right now all I have is mono sound and the video running through RF. Does anyone know how to get the most out of this classic system?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

The best you can get for video is using a DIN Connector on the back of the unit that outputs via a yellow RCA video plug typical on TV's for years. The audio this way only does mono with one white plug from the cables.

Stereo audio can be done with the headset jack on the front. Just have to run a cable to an audio system that has an appropriate input. I believe you can get a cable that plugs into the headphone jack and then outputs to the usual White/Red RCA jacks. You would end up using these instead of the single white RCA jack from the DIN cable.

Geist2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Geist2003

Thanks. One question:

The back of the Sega CD has a Left and Right Audio Out (White and Red). Now... can I just run a cable from the headphone jack on the front of the Genesis to the "mixing" jack in the back? Then from there, run the red and white cables to the speakers. That's how I have it now, but no "mixing" cable. I'm guessing I'm getting stereo sound from the Sega CD right not but not the Genesis... is this right?

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Hrm.. not sure about that one. Is the mixing jack in the back on the Sega CD and also like a headphone jack? If so it sounds like the did a built in pass-through type setup. I don't have a Sega CD yet so I'm not too sure.

Geist2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geist2003
It does. After doing a little research, that is what you have to do. Now to find one of those male to male cables...