Battleborn issues that turned out great due to excellent customer service

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wolvklaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wolvklaw
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

So this generation I buy most of my games digitally. Battleborn was a no brainer for me, as I have enjoyed all of gearbox's games (borderlands etc) before and knew this was something along those lines. However for me, the game was unplayable. Don't know why, did all the usual "try to fix it" stuff but nothing worked. Something via their servers and my internet made for a bad combo. Point was, I now spent $60 on a game that is to me unplayable as it stands now.

Not saying the game is bad, I don't know, I barely made it through the prologue and tried to play the main story solo. All I did was jump around, just couldn't play the game. Like joining a bad Halo 5 or CoD match. Only I wasn't playing with anyone, just trying to play solo. Which left me with that feeling of wasting money. I get it if I buy a game that sucks, thats on me. But for it to be unplayable, that is differen't. I have no problems with any other game of mine online (from Halo 5, CoD, ESO online, Dark Souls, etc etc),

I went ahead and called Microsoft, after going over the issue, I was issued an immediate refund, they allowed me to keep the game license in case the game changes over time and because I had to call gave me another 3 months of Xbox live. That is absolutely outstanding customer service.

I am not trolling Battleborn, I don't agree with some of the games decisions as far as internet goes, I think that should always be an option to turn off and never a requirement but thats my opinion. The game looks fun and of course I am bummed I can't play it. It could very well be my internet as I do live out in the middle of the desert and limited on my options and speed. However I don't have internet issues now on my other games unless 3 people are running netflix, playing on their Iphones or surfing the net etc all at once. Which I just switch to another game. But for me it was a problem but hands down to Microsoft for once again taking care of me as a customer. As it clearly states for digital purchases no refunds. But being a customer for 10 years and spending the amounts that I do online, they didn't hesitate. It just does suck that I can't play it yet. I am worried now for Overwatch as I don't want the same problem. Guess we will see, although I won't buy it digitally to be more safe. But still, anyone out there that did get the game digitally and is having problems, call microsoft (1-800-4-my-xbox), long as you aren't a regular person who calls for refunds etc, they will give you a refund if your experiencing issues that make it unplayable to you.

For those that are playing it, I hope your having fun, I am quite jealous. I will go back to DS3 for now until next week when its time for Uncharted 4 and Doom.