Batman... is the demo a bad example of the game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I finally got around to playing the demo... what is the big hoopla about this game? Everything felt pretty mediocre to me. The combat wasn't really challenging or interesting and the stealth mechanic seemed goofy. You shouldn't be able to individually stealth take down 4 people who are in a well lit room standing within 5ft of each other imo. After I did that I just turned the game off.

Is this like RE5 where the demo is bad but the actual game is good or am I the odd man out on the Batman train? People are using the words bestand everwhen describing it and i'm just not seeing it based off of what I played.

xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
The demo is a tiny tiny portion of the game and also it is set on easy and you dont have many gadgets either.
Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Mutt523
Member since 2008 • 3805 Posts
Most people adored the demo. I thought the demo was okay and wasn't looking forward to the game, but when I got the game I was shocked it was so good.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

I thought the demo was awesome. I wasn't sure what to really expect when I started playing so I was going into it with a neutral perspective. The demo did what it was supposed to do. It introduced the basic mechanics and fundamental atmosphere of what playing Batman was going to be like. If I recall, I might have played the demo five times in a row.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I thought the demo was awesome. I wasn't sure what to really expect when I started playing so I was going into it with a neutral perspective. The demo did what it was supposed to do. It introduced the basic mechanics and fundamental atmosphere of what playing Batman was going to be like. If I recall, I might have played the demo five times in a row.

juradai

I thought the demo was boring (the combat left me cold and I'm not a big fan of switching visors to find hidden stuff, an aversion installed in me by Metroid Prime) but I tip my hat to the creators of the game for offering it.

They have enough faith in the game to believe that allowing people to play a snippet of it would do more good than harm and if the reviews and the predominant sentiment on the internet means anything, they were right.

Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

Demo = Poor Example of Batman: AA

I believe it was the same demo that came out in April or May prior to the full game being delayed and adding 2-3 more months of development time / polish, I believe the delay was a great decision...

I thought the demo was just OK but the full game was amazing...

I thought rocksteady / eidos hit the nail on the head in terms of what a Batman game should be... (Though I wish the story was alittle longer)

I can't wait til the next one...

sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#7 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
totally not representative. good buy, bad demo.
juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="juradai"]

CarnageHeart

I thought the demo was boring (the combat left me cold and I'm not a big fan of switching visors to find hidden stuff, an aversion installed in me by Metroid Prime) but I tip my hat to the creators of the game for offering it.

They have enough faith in the game to believe that allowing people to play a snippet of it would do more good than harm and if the reviews and the predominant sentiment on the internet means anything, they were right.

You really didn't like the combat, Carnage? That actually sold the game to me. I loved the fluidity of it and even after playing and beating the game it still doesn't get old to me. It just goes to show that everyone has their preference. I definitely understand the frustration one might experience when switching to detective mode and normal mode. There were some occasions I missed some secret locations due to forgetting about switching to detective mode and caused me to backtrack later on in the game. I didn't mind really but I'm sure others won't be so lenient.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

I went into the demo not really expecting to care too much about the game and probably just relegating it to a rental at best. I say this mostly because while I do enjoy Batman I am definitely more a fan of Marvel and their characters. I ended up loving the demo and bought the game and after my one playthrough of it I found this to not only be the best Batman game ever made but also the best superhero game and a definite contender for Game of the Year.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Well, after I played the demo I went from not interested to interested...so I'd say it was a good demo :P