Batman: Arkham City Official Thread -- Harley Quinn DLC/GOTY Edition Out Now!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
The man can bench 1000 lbs and is described as having "peak-human agility" so I don't see the issue. :3 And even in Asylum he seemed pretty damn fast.
#352 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]The man can bench 1000 lbs and is described as having "peak-human agility" so I don't see the issue. :3 And even in Asylum he seemed pretty damn fast.

Yeah, but considering his size, in Arkham City he exhibits superhuman speed, whereas in Arkham Asylum it seemed more like peak-human.
#353 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Can someone please help me? I'm stuck!

[spoiler] I just got done fighting a slew of guards at Wonder Tower, the area where the elevator dropped me off and I'm supposed to go to the Wonder Tower observation deck to stop Protocol Ten. My problem is that I can't fly there, because Batman keeps on bringing himself up with his Batclaw and I can't take the elevator back down. I've tried using the Cryptographic Sequencer, but it doesn't work. Help please? [/spoiler]

#354 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
Go up, not down.
#355 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Go up, not down.foxhound_fox

Yeah, I found where I was supposed to go. Thanks! :)

#356 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
This is the first day (that I can recall) where I have gone without playing either City or Asylum since City's release. I am feeling withdrawal. I don't think I've ever felt this way about a GAME before. And I'm still neck-deep in Riddler stuff to get. No matter how much time I sink into it, it always seems to never get any smaller. :? I can't sing enough praises about the game. Any nitpicking I could do wouldn't have any effect on how everything else comes together. Its not prefect... but it is as close as any game has come in a long time. -- @Z: I'm a newbie when it comes to these kinds of universe-context discussions (within comic space at least). My nerdiness for the material isn't great enough to provide meaningful response. I just don't know enough about the limits or thresholds where peak-human becomes super-human, and how that would translate to on-screen depiction. But from the few movies I've watched recently (animated ones at least), and what I remember from the Animated series, Batman has always been a pretty agile guy. Considering his martial arts backgrounds (jujutsu, ninjutsu, tae kwon do, muay thai, etc.) I would never have seen him as a tank or brick house.
#357 Posted by MirkoS77 (12788 posts) -

To be realistic, I would say Batman's fighting abilities are beyond peak and far into the realm of fiction. I've never seen someone in real life cutting through 20 guys like butter in less than one minute. I could understand the speed complaint if this were trying to emulate real combat ala Virtua Fighter, but it's a super-hero we're talking about here. Realism's a consideration that's at the bottom of the barrel.

#358 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Wow...

[spoiler] I really wasn't expecting what went down in the end. I knew that it was Mark Hamil's last time he would be playing the Joker, so him being dead makes complete sense to me. But isn't there more to the ending than just Batman walking away from all that? I wonder if the NG+ has a better ending? Now I'm working on the final chapter for Catwoman and dealing this fight with Two-face and his crew is a bit messed up. I thought that by eliminating all the thugs, it would be Catwoman versus Two-Face, but they keep on respwaning! It's a pain in the ass! Any tips guys? [/spoiler]

#359 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
@Mirko: I think the problem arises from the fact Wayne is "just a human." Compared with beings like the Kryptonians and Darkseid... he is just another weakling human that could be instantly crushed by a low-level attack. Yet, Batman constantly fights alongside Superman and Wonder Woman, fighting against villains like Darkseid. It makes me wonder how they are going to approach the Superman-Batman relationship in the reboot. Either way, that scene in Batman/Superman: Apocalypse where they were trying to convince that woman who used to work for Darkseid into taking them to Apocalypse came back to me just now, and I remember how incredibly funny Batman's response in the living room was. -- @MM: You have to take him down and ignore the goons. And I thought the part you talked about was so unlike the established continuity... it seemed "wrong" in every possible way. Which of course adds to its impact. Did you like the fight with you know who?
#360 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

@MM: You have to take him down and ignore the goons. And I thought the part you talked about was so unlike the established continuity... it seemed "wrong" in every possible way. Which of course adds to its impact. Did you like the fight with you know who? foxhound_fox

That fight with you know who was pretty interesting, very cool to do. But it was a little too easy though...I wished I had kept that item though. And it's easier said than done to do what you recommend because the goons are quick to spot you and my time with who I'm using was limited and I need to upgrade their equipment more often.

#361 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
And it's easier said than done to do what you recommend because the goons are quick to spot you and my time with who I'm using was limited and I need to upgrade their equipment more often.Metamania
It isn't so much a recommendation as it is a requirement. The goons will keep respawning until you take him out. The best way I found was to take out a few goons, which distracts the rest of them, and just hit him with a pounce attack and get outta dodge before the others come to investigate. Its hard until you get a reliable pattern down. It took me something like 20 minutes before I realized they respawned. ._.
#362 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
[QUOTE="Metamania"]And it's easier said than done to do what you recommend because the goons are quick to spot you and my time with who I'm using was limited and I need to upgrade their equipment more often.foxhound_fox
It isn't so much a recommendation as it is a requirement. The goons will keep respawning until you take him out. The best way I found was to take out a few goons, which distracts the rest of them, and just hit him with a pounce attack and get outta dodge before the others come to investigate. Its hard until you get a reliable pattern down. It took me something like 20 minutes before I realized they respawned. ._.

I felt like a dope when I realized they just kept coming. As far as peak human vs superhuman, I take my cues from heroes like Cap vs Spidey- Captain America is the tip of the top as far as any human goes, but Spiderman is something more- Spidey's agility is cranked up so high it borders on precognition where Cap is just awfully quick on his feet. It's a fine(and, of course, imaginary) line, and where I think Batman, in Arkham Asylum, walked that line beautifully, in this one it seems like that line was crossed with little regard for just how important it was. Again, on the smaller characters, considering their training and relative size it's fine, but Batman... he's just so huge it breaks my ability to suspend my diselief. As far as my flowery depiction of the Dark Knight, he moved at a pretty good clip in AA, sure, but his movements were calculated; he had this air of "I've got all the time in the world, and I'm going to use all of it to make you hurt." Add to that the complete unstoppability he exhibited in brawls of upto 20 enemies at a time... just wow. I just really wished they had kept the slower pace just for him. As strange a comment as it is regarding a Batman game, Batman is my second least favorite charcter- from favorite to least: Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Catwoman(she's just too fragile). I have high hopes for a freeroam dlc to play as Robin and Nightwing in the city- since Catwoman dresses to matc when you select Batman's Animated costume, and the other two both have Animated costumes(in Nightwing's case, it's the only other costume he was provided with), I imagine it was set up to work for them, too.
#363 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
Of course, they'll have to work out a traversal method to suit Nightwing- maybe a multidirectional line launcher? One that doesn't simply fire parallel to the ground. Of course, I've also read Nightwing has been known to use lines fired from his sticks in the same fashion as DareDevil and his clubs. Spidey-style swinging anyone?
#364 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
I'd really like to see Batgirl make an appearance. The lineup needs more ladies (and gliders). That costume pack cannot come out soon enough.
#365 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

So the last fight I had trouble with yesterday was taken care. I developed a new strategy. Instead of ignoring all the goons and focusing solely on you know who, I did silent takedowns on all of them (no knockout punches, because if I did that, more goons would respawn), then I focused on the last two. I killed the last goon and you know who immediately found me and only shot at me once, but I jumped over that person and kept on smacking that person until that person was finished. That's the best strategy!

#366 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

So the last fight I had trouble with yesterday was taken care. I developed a new strategy. Instead of ignoring all the goons and focusing solely on you know who, I did silent takedowns on all of them (no knockout punches, because if I did that, more goons would respawn), then I focused on the last two. I killed the last goon and you know who immediately found me and only shot at me once, but I jumped over that person and kept on smacking that person until that person was finished. That's the best strategy!

Metamania
They don't respawn if you take them out silently?
#367 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

El_Zo1212o

They don't respawn if you take them out silently?

That's right. They don't respawn at all as long as you take them out silently and as long as they don't discover the bodies. That's why it has to be seperate kills in different places, so that they can't find each other. There were two guys left and you know who and his goon were the only ones left.

#368 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

So far, I've completed a few side missions and been doing a lot of interrogations against those specific green Riddler thugs.

I like how, when you switch between Catwoman and Batman, they have different objectives you have to complete. I think that's really cool!

#369 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
I just did the end Catwoman section on NG+ earlier, and also found that taking them all out doesn't spawn new ones. Until you start attacking him.
#370 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

I just did the end Catwoman section on NG+ earlier, and also found that taking them all out doesn't spawn new ones. Until you start attacking him.foxhound_fox

That's why I'm saying it's the best strategy. You knock them all out, then start attacking you know who before they can come back and shoot you down. It's the perfect strategy!

#371 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Gotta say...

[spoiler] Deadshot? Easiest boss in Arkham City! [/spoiler]

Then again...all the bosses provide little challenge!

:P

#372 Posted by MirkoS77 (12788 posts) -

ARRRRRRRRGHHH. What can't I quote anyone with HTML in their posts? "Your HTML is not well formed". Yea, well.....whatever.

@MM:

Yea, definitely disappointing, especially for all the work finding him. You think they could have fleshed it out into a full on boss battle.

#373 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

OK, I'm confused.

After you beat the game (on either Normal or Hard), you unlock NG+ and something else. I think they are different skins or costumes. My problem is that I don't see them and I don't know how to change them. Were any costumes on the disc suppoesd to be unlocked or do I have to wait for the skins DLC in order to use them? What's the real deal?

PS: And no, I'm not lying. I saw various Youtube videos from gamers that have Batman, Catwoman, and Robin in different costumes. So what's the deal?

#374 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

OK, I'm confused.

After you beat the game (on either Normal or Hard), you unlock NG+ and something else. I think they are different skins or costumes. My problem is that I don't see them and I don't know how to change them. Were any costumes on the disc suppoesd to be unlocked or do I have to wait for the skins DLC in order to use them? What's the real deal?

PS: And no, I'm not lying. I saw various Youtube videos from gamers that have Batman, Catwoman, and Robin in different costumes. So what's the deal?

Metamania
The youtube videos are all from Riddler's Revenge- as you select your character, you can press down to select the other costumes you have available. After you finish the game, you unlock the ability to select which costume you want to play in(unless you don't have any bonus costumes to use, of course). I don't use the standard skin anymore on my free roam save, since I don't like seeing Batman all shot out. And if I'm planning on playing Catwoman, I'll select the Animated skin as it put Catwoman in hers when you switch. So far neither of my other skins(Dark Knight Returns/Batman Beyond) puts Catwoman in the Long Halloween outfit, so maybe the Animated outfit is the only alternate skin she can use for freeroam.
#375 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

OK, I'm confused.

El_Zo1212o

The youtube videos are all from Riddler's Revenge- as you select your character, you can press down to select the other costumes you have available. After you finish the game, you unlock the ability to select which costume you want to play in(unless you don't have any bonus costumes to use, of course). I don't use the standard skin anymore on my free roam save, since I don't like seeing Batman all shot out. And if I'm planning on playing Catwoman, I'll select the Animated skin as it put Catwoman in hers when you switch. So far neither of my other skins(Dark Knight Returns/Batman Beyond) puts Catwoman in the Long Halloween outfit, so maybe the Animated outfit is the only alternate skin she can use for freeroam.

True, but I've actually seen one video go for the Gotham Base Jumper achievement and had Batman in a different skin, so how is that possible?

#376 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

OK, I'm confused.

Metamania

True, but I've actually seen one video go for the Gotham Base Jumper achievement and had Batman in a different skin, so how is that possible?

When you beat the game and select your free roam game again, it'll bring you to a 'skin select' screen before dropping you into the city. I don't know if it brings you to that screen if you don't have any additional costumes, though.
#377 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] The youtube videos are all from Riddler's Revenge- as you select your character, you can press down to select the other costumes you have available. After you finish the game, you unlock the ability to select which costume you want to play in(unless you don't have any bonus costumes to use, of course). I don't use the standard skin anymore on my free roam save, since I don't like seeing Batman all shot out. And if I'm planning on playing Catwoman, I'll select the Animated skin as it put Catwoman in hers when you switch. So far neither of my other skins(Dark Knight Returns/Batman Beyond) puts Catwoman in the Long Halloween outfit, so maybe the Animated outfit is the only alternate skin she can use for freeroam.El_Zo1212o

When you beat the game and select your free roam game again, it'll bring you to a 'skin select' screen before dropping you into the city. I don't know if it brings you to that screen if you don't have any additional costumes, though.

Hmm...I never get that option when I start up my free roam game, so it looks like I don't have those skins yet. I'll check and see about Riddler's Revenge though...

#378 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Yep, in Riddler's Revenge, I was able to pick out two other costumes for Catwoman, but nothing for Batman. I guess I'll have to wait for the DLC in December for those...

In the meantime, I'll see if they have a guide for this game at my local Gamestop. I now aim to have this game 100% completed and then to do it all over again on New Game +, because this game is just too awesome. Also, some of the DLC story definitely needs to come sooner than later, because I feel that some of the rivalries you discover aren't finished whatsoever, so I hope Rocksteady brings them out in the future.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
#379 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7515 posts) -

To chime in on a few friendly areas of contention:

Batman is incredibly fast and agile. Whether or not somebody of his bulk could actually be so lithe is incidental because he has been shown in the comics and animated films as being that swift and incredibly agile. The speed boost in Arkham City is noticeable but hardly outside the accepted parameters of the character.

Batman's realism only exists within the parameters of the comic book. No human being can place that much stress on their body and continue moving forward; no human being can take on a dozen (or more) armed thugs and not take a scratch. Batman's realism only seems so because he is contrasted with such spectacularly fantastic characters like Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.

Batman is most definitely a superhero but he just happens to be self-made, which is awesome.

#380 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7515 posts) -

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="Metamania"]And it's easier said than done to do what you recommend because the goons are quick to spot you and my time with who I'm using was limited and I need to upgrade their equipment more often.El_Zo1212o

I felt like a dope when I realized they just kept coming. As far as peak human vs superhuman, I take my cues from heroes like Cap vs Spidey- Captain America is the tip of the top as far as any human goes, but Spiderman is something more- Spidey's agility is cranked up so high it borders on precognition where Cap is just awfully quick on his feet. It's a fine(and, of course, imaginary) line, and where I think Batman, in Arkham Asylum, walked that line beautifully, in this one it seems like that line was crossed with little regard for just how important it was. Again, on the smaller characters, considering their training and relative size it's fine, but Batman... he's just so huge it breaks my ability to suspend my diselief. As far as my flowery depiction of the Dark Knight, he moved at a pretty good clip in AA, sure, but his movements were calculated; he had this air of "I've got all the time in the world, and I'm going to use all of it to make you hurt." Add to that the complete unstoppability he exhibited in brawls of upto 20 enemies at a time... just wow. I just really wished they had kept the slower pace just for him. As strange a comment as it is regarding a Batman game, Batman is my second least favorite charcter- from favorite to least: Robin, Nightwing, Batman, Catwoman(she's just too fragile). I have high hopes for a freeroam dlc to play as Robin and Nightwing in the city- since Catwoman dresses to matc when you select Batman's Animated costume, and the other two both have Animated costumes(in Nightwing's case, it's the only other costume he was provided with), I imagine it was set up to work for them, too.

Captain America is superhuman. The serum he was given made him far and above anything a normal human could achieve, even with rigorous training.

It's the reason he survived for decades in ice and it is the reason he (essentially) came back from the dead.

As to Batman, I think he still uses his power in a way that reflects his sheer physicality, especially when that style is contrasted with Nightwing and Catwoman. Also note that Batman's abilities far exceeded normal human parameters long ago in the comics.

I would argue that what you see in Arkham City is the best non-comic representation of the character that exists. Even as an amalgamation, they've captures his essence perfectly.

#381 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] It isn't so much a recommendation as it is a requirement. The goons will keep respawning until you take him out. The best way I found was to take out a few goons, which distracts the rest of them, and just hit him with a pounce attack and get outta dodge before the others come to investigate. Its hard until you get a reliable pattern down. It took me something like 20 minutes before I realized they respawned. ._.Grammaton-Cleric

Captain America is superhuman. The serum he was given made him far and above anything a normal human could achieve, even with rigorous training.

It's the reason he survived for decades in ice and it is the reason he (essentially) came back from the dead.

As to Batman, I think he still uses his power in a way that reflects his sheer physicality, especially when that style is contrasted with Nightwing and Catwoman. Also note that Batman's abilities far exceeded normal human parameters long ago in the comics.

I would argue that what you see in Arkham City is the best non-comic representation of the character that exists. Even as an amalgamation, they've captures his essence perfectly.

Grammaton, I have a question for you. I know that Robin, Catwoman, Batman, and Nightwing all have trained in different martial art styles, but do you have any idea what? I know that Lady Shiva trained Batman in a fighting style of sorts after Bane broke his back and that Robin was taught Bojutsu (art of the Bo staff), but what styles did they learn?

Also, how did Batman get himself to mental and peak perfection? Any clue? I'm only asking because I'm very curious as to how he developed himself to what he is now. It's obvious that he's a rich man and traveled around the world to learn everything he knows, but what did he do to reach that mental and physical perfection?

#382 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

To chime in on a few friendly areas of contention:

Batman is incredibly fast and agile. Whether or not somebody of his bulk could actually be so lithe is incidental because he has been shown in the comics and animated films as being that swift and incredibly agile. The speed boost in Arkham City is noticeable but hardly outside the accepted parameters of the character.

Batman's realism only exists within the parameters of the comic book. No human being can place that much stress on their body and continue moving forward; no human being can take on a dozen (or more) armed thugs and not take a scratch. Batman's realism only seems so because he is contrasted with such spectacularly fantastic characters like Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.

Batman is most definitely a superhero but he just happens to be self-made, which is awesome.

Now, granted I haven't followed his career as closely as possible, but in all of the statistics(and Marvel Encyclopedia) I've read it lists Cap's abilities as "Peak-human physical and mental" capabilities. I've also never seen him lift a car(which I'd say is a fair line for the 'Peak human vs Superhuman' strength debate).

I guess I'm the only one, but I still feel like he moves much too fast now and that the pace of combat before was perfect for him. It isn't so much about whether he can, according to Canon, but rather a matter of perception: it breaks the illusion- it somehow seems fake to me- seeing a person that big moving faster than the eye can track him. Speaking of, how did Cap come back after the Civil War? I never got to find out from the books.
#383 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
Oh, and this thread is now 20 pages long, so to celebrate, why don't we describe our favorite combat animations? I'll begin: Batman- instant takedown vs knife - Batman extends the enemy's knife arm, chop to the chest, chop to the face, inverts the direction in which the enemy's elbow bends, and finishes by throwing the enemy to the ground BY HIS BROKEN ELBOW. YEEEOUCH!
#384 Posted by Grammaton-Cleric (7515 posts) -

Grammaton, I have a question for you. I know that Robin, Catwoman, Batman, and Nightwing all have trained in different martial art styles, but do you have any idea what? I know that Lady Shiva trained Batman in a fighting style of sorts after Bane broke his back and that Robin was taught Bojutsu (art of the Bo staff), but what styles did they learn?

Also, how did Batman get himself to mental and peak perfection? Any clue? I'm only asking because I'm very curious as to how he developed himself to what he is now. It's obvious that he's a rich man and traveled around the world to learn everything he knows, but what did he do to reach that mental and physical perfection?

Metamania

Batman has actually trained all of them to one extent or another. (except Catwoman)The idea is that they take this training and develop their own styles based on individual preferences, abilities, skills, etc. The inference tends to be that they either had previous training or that they augmented their training along with what Batman taught them.

Dick Grayson (Nightwing) for example was once a circus acrobat and his moves tend to focus on a high level of agility.

Lady Shiva is like Batman: she has essentially studied every martial art in existence and meshed those into a style all her own. When Batman comes at her after being broken by Bane, the idea seems to be not so much that she teaches him a particular style but rather teaches him how to rediscover his inner warrior.

As to Batman's own training, the comics have established the notion that Bruce Wayne is so completely and utterly driven by his mission against crime that he dedicates every ounce of his being to the pursuit of that end. Batman in the comics is often portrayed as cold and even unreasonable because his own discipline is such that he cannot and will not compromise his ideology under any circumstance.

He has essentially forsaken everything to become so incredibly good at vigilantism, including urban warfare and hand-to-hand combat, that by default he is one of the greatest martial artists in the world. Even other characters that would normally be considered dangerous and well-trained are nothing but nuisances to Batman, evidenced by the ease he can take down somebody like Harley Quinn or Lex Luthor's personal henchman Mercy Graves.

One of the best examples of who Batman is occurs when Red Hood (Jason Todd) and he are fighting. After going easy on this now defunct second Robin, Batman finally has enough and kicks his ass with ease, explaining that no matter how hard this kid trains or how stringently he follows Batman's recipe for success, he simply will not replicate what Bruce Wayne has become. (Todd basically went back and followed every step that Bruce made in his youth so that he could best Batman)

#385 Posted by Spirit_of_87 (2423 posts) -

Metamania

I would say, based on visual observation and personal recent experiences in my own martial arts training is that Batman's Fighting Style is more CQC (Close Quarter Combat) and some Sabaki Karate. Both utilize the idea of turning any superior force to your advantage by using your opponents power and momentum against him, regardless of size. I would also think that Batman learned Krav Maga while with The League of Assassins, see Batman Begins or read Batman: Son of the Demon. Krav Maga and CQC are very similar and are used by the Israeli and U.S. Military. The only difference is that Batman chooses not to kill, only disarm and neutralize the threat. See Krav Maga on youtube. You can see the similarities as Batman in Arkham city is always countering attacks. Of course there is obvious jujitsu in Batman's take downs mostly circular jujitsu.

Someone mentioned Red Hood: Under the Mask. If you liked that then you should read Batman: Hush. Speaking of comics, is anyone reading Penguin: Pain and Prejudice? I only mention it because I absolutely love the way Penguin was portrayed in Arkham city and P.P.P. also makes Penguin a total badass while telling the story of his origin. Never has this character been handled so well. I would absolutely love it if The Huntress or Barbara Gordon as Batgirl was a downloadable character, seeing as she can walk again in the comics.

Overall I think, the game is awesome but, mostly because Arkham uses Batman's rich database of characters and does it well. I'm not a big fan of the combat but, it's mostly because I think Batman controls a bit clunky and I feel as if the counter button pretty much plays the game for you. Because of this, I prefer playing as Catwoman and I find her to control very easy and smooth, as she is super quick and minimal gadgets makes it easier to flow in combat.

Did not like the ending. Batman wanted to kill everyone because he was ill and suddenly he's all like, "Okay I feel better now and I only want to tie you up and use one of my Bat-Posted Notes (TM) to tell the commisioner that I rock and GCPD can suck it!" Also, I didn't like Thalia Al Ghuls voice actor, just terrible. And now i'm done nitpicking :P

#386 Posted by foxhound_fox (96914 posts) -
Still playing. Still loving. This is one of the best games I have played... in my life. When I finish all the free-roam content, I want to make a new profile and do it all over again. :3
#387 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Still playing. Still loving. This is one of the best games I have played... in my life. When I finish all the free-roam content, I want to make a new profile and do it all over again. :3

I've bought quite a few games this year for my 360, including Gears3, Dead Island and most recently Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'll be playing AC for a while yet, but I think Batman is the one game I've bought all year with the most lasting appeal. I plan on spending at least a half hour every night practicing my combat skills.
#388 Posted by MirkoS77 (12788 posts) -

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Still playing. Still loving. This is one of the best games I have played... in my life. When I finish all the free-roam content, I want to make a new profile and do it all over again. :3El_Zo1212o
I've bought quite a few games this year for my 360, including Gears3, Dead Island and most recently Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'll be playing AC for a while yet, but I think Batman is the one game I've bought all year with the most lasting appeal. I plan on spending at least a half hour every night practicing my combat skills.

I told you, that's strictly prohibited. :evil: :P

I've been practicing on the Iceberg Lounge with Batman and the highest score I was able to get was 160k+. My average is around 80k or so. I don't think I'm going to knock you down. And I certainly don't know how you got such a hi-score with Nightwing as he has no weapon disarm. It's almost impossible for me if I can't destroy weapons and shields, and hard enough when I can.

#389 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

I have a feeling that I am completely screwed with getting all of the trophies. Some of them are just too hard to reach, like in the Gotham Police Department Building or at the Iceberg Lounge. There's one in the torture room of the Museum, the one that's on the ceiling immediate to my right of the entrance door, that neither Catwoman nor Batman can get to...and I'm afraid the strategy guide doesn't cover any of the inside buildings, just the ones in each section of Arkham City. :(

#390 Posted by PunkAntiHero (628 posts) -
I think it is awesome that they plan on releasing DLC for this awesome game.
#391 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="foxhound_fox"] I've bought quite a few games this year for my 360, including Gears3, Dead Island and most recently Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'll be playing AC for a while yet, but I think Batman is the one game I've bought all year with the most lasting appeal. I plan on spending at least a half hour every night practicing my combat skills.MirkoS77

I told you, that's strictly prohibited. :evil: :P

I've been practicing on the Iceberg Lounge with Batman and the highest score I was able to get was 160k+. My average is around 80k or so. I don't think I'm going to knock you down. And I certainly don't know how you got such a hi-score with Nightwing as he has no weapon disarm. It's almost impossible for me if I can't destroy weapons and shields, and hard enough when I can.

Hah hah! Keep working on it. I played Arkham Asylum at least 2 hours a week repeating the Sewerbat Extreme challenge, so don't despair- train, train, train. And about Nightwing: that was my first ever run with him- I made my highest combo streak ever- 283 hits!- mainly strikes, counters and wingdings, along with takedowns for the armored and shielded opponents. His electrical blast(A+B) combo special is also extremely effective when you need to take a minute to look around and clear some space.

I have a feeling that I am completely screwed with getting all of the trophies. Some of them are just too hard to reach, like in the Gotham Police Department Building or at the Iceberg Lounge. There's one in the torture room of the Museum, the one that's on the ceiling immediate to my right of the entrance door, that neither Catwoman nor Batman can get to...and I'm afraid the strategy guide doesn't cover any of the inside buildings, just the ones in each section of Arkham City. :(

Metamania
I tried to start a thread for Riddler help, but it didn't go far. Look it up and post in there- it's proven at least partially helpful.
#392 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

Is it just me or is my saved game acting up on me? I've gotten trophies in several places before, but when I return to that saved game of mine later on, the map acts like I've never gotten them before. So when I go back and see which trophies it says I'm missing, I look at that spot and see that I already got it. Isn't that weird? :|

#393 Posted by MirkoS77 (12788 posts) -

Is it just me or is my saved game acting up on me? I've gotten trophies in several places before, but when I return to that saved game of mine later on, the map acts like I've never gotten them before. So when I go back and see which trophies it says I'm missing, I look at that spot and see that I already got it. Isn't that weird? :|

Metamania

Considering all the troubles people have been having with their saves being deleted, I wouldn't count it out. There's been many complaints about the save system in AC, even AA had some as well (though I don't think to the extent this has).

#394 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

MirkoS77

Considering all the troubles people have been having with their saves being deleted, I wouldn't count it out. There's been many complaints about the save system in AC, even AA had some as well (though I don't think to the extent this has).

Well, it's made me want to start a brand-new game over and get everything on Easy instead, but I fear that it may end up being the same thing.

#395 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

So I finally earned enough trophies and solved all the riddles to gain more information on the last hostage. But once I got there, it's pretty much the hardest room of them all. Not as easy as I thought it would be...

#396 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

So I finally earned enough trophies and solved all the riddles to gain more information on the last hostage. But once I got there, it's pretty much the hardest room of them all. Not as easy as I thought it would be...

Metamania
Where abouts is it? He won't tell me, and I want to see if I can open the wall before he gives up the last location.
#397 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

El_Zo1212o

Where abouts is it? He won't tell me, and I want to see if I can open the wall before he gives up the last location.

I didn't think about that, actually. I didn't think to go looking for the secret locations of all five hostages. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

To answer your question, it's in the Amusement Mile, on the northeastern side of town.

#398 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

OK, Z asked me where the location of the fifth hostage is, so this will be put in spoilers...

[spoiler] You can find the fifth hostage here. [/spoiler]

#399 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Thank God for this news, I'm having trouble going back to do the side missions I just don't feel very compelled to do so.
#400 Posted by Metamania (12031 posts) -

For those who didn't pick up the Best Buy version for pre-order, have any of you caved in and got Robin yet? If so, what do you think of him? He's completely badass!